Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Boomtubes on my Gt500

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 06:08 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

Default Boomtubes on my Gt500

Well i just finished installing the Boomtubes on my Gt500 and they sound freaking amazing, the sound is different than how my 07 gt sounded... Install was very easy and I got them lined up the best i could, the right is a lil lower than the left but not noticeable unless eyeballing the car.... As for the vids i promised, I will go out first thing tomorrow in the morning and get a fresh startup and drive it around for u guys, i would do it now but taking the parents out to eat in 25 mins... Well i know this for sure, Im one of the very few with boomtubes on my GT500 and i love them....
Old 08-29-2008, 06:19 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

Sorry, i was in a hurry to write this cause i was excited and forgot to describe the sound... they are very deep and sound very throaty.. cruising sounds sounds nice and smooth and not overpowering and very tolerable..... Now at WOT... omg it sounds amazing, sounds like a damn race car lol.... They are definately more quite than my 07 gt but louder in wot which is really nice..... all in all i am very happy with them and glad i didnt change my mind and buy something else......

I PROMISE VIDS WILL COME TOMORROW =)
Old 08-29-2008, 06:52 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

Sorry i was just kidding, couldnt wait.... now i gotta run but enjoy....

http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r...t=100_1075.flv

tomorrow ill get vids of riding in the car and a drive by...
Old 08-29-2008, 07:18 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

sounds incredible.
thanks for giving the boomtube crew some class w/ your gt500
cant wait for the driveby and some WOT runs!
Old 08-29-2008, 07:32 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

Well the parents decided on pizza instead of dinner lol, so i get to chat a bit here.... Yeah they sounds awesome, my camera actually kinda muffles the sound a bit, they sound much better than whats shown, maybe tomorrow when i do the wot runs and drive-by ill see if i can use the better camera..
Old 08-29-2008, 07:33 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

Oh, i got the vid on youtube now, so hopefully this will help some people out..
Old 08-30-2008, 11:20 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

wow, 2 days and no one asking anything..... maybe this is why i couldnt find any vids of them on a gt500.... =( I figured there would been more action on this thread... guess i was wrong... Guess theres no need for anymore vids.. onederful, ill just pm u the link if and when i make some vids..
Old 08-30-2008, 11:38 PM
itsmetoo
1st Gear Member

Wow...those sound great. I wish this thread would have been here before i purchased axle backs for mine. I had boomtubes on my GT but I was not sure how they would sound on the GT500. Now I am regretting not getting them.

So tell me is there much drone? If not I may have to get these...
Old 08-31-2008, 02:17 AM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

sure you can pm me the vids, but you should post them up. if you post it, they will come. it's too good not to share.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:57 AM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by itsmetoo
Wow...those sound great. I wish this thread would have been here before i purchased axle backs for mine. I had boomtubes on my GT but I was not sure how they would sound on the GT500. Now I am regretting not getting them.

So tell me is there much drone? If not I may have to get these...

There is actually less drone than there was on my gt... the exhaust is actually a little but quieter than on a gt but they seem to have a more deeper and aggressive tone... If you look on my photobucket account i have vids of them on my gt to. The only thing is that my camera seems to muffle the sound a little, they actually sound much better. I might be taking a motorcycle ride today but if we decide not to go ill try to get the rest of the vids for you guys...

Quick Reply: Boomtubes on my Gt500