Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

New tranny already?!?!?! Please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 04:11 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SaddleUp
This kinda makes me nervous....considering how hard I've been on mine already...

well dont feel so bad, im in the same boat... i got just under 1000 miles on mine and ive driven it hard from day 1.... but i was reading though on another website that it seems that the people that have broken in the cars easy are the ones having the trans issues... like i said, i drove my car hard... had it at the track by 500 miles and havent had an issue.. but zporta never did say how he drove his car.... so could be anything... This transmission was built to take the abuse, its got triple coned 1-3 and double 4-6 and from what i read is very very strong... its like anything made though, not everything is 100% the same when manufactured.... might have just gotten a weak one... My buddy has a mazdaspeed 3 and he powershifts that car everyday since hes gotten it, its been down the track already 50+ times and half has been with slicks and running 12's and he hasnt had an issue, but there are others that are stock and are having problems... so it all depends..
Old 09-07-2008, 09:13 AM
biga1680

Default TSB

A TSB is a technical service bulliten. With a recall it doesn't matter if you are having problems or not you get the fix for the recall. With a TSB they only fix it if you are having the problems. Depending on what year depends on what all the have to replace. In the TSB it refers to people having problem with shifting into second and first. Also lists chatter and drag. It list the new parts with the procedure to install. In some case fly wheels wear out becuase clutch was not disengaging with pedal pressed down. Some people posted pitcures of old fly wheels and new clutches and there is a noticable difference. From the rumors all problems are supposed to be fixed on the 2010 GT500. Take your car to your dealer and give them the TSB I posted earlier and they should fix and replace parts for free.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:15 PM
06supercharged
1st Gear Member

I had the same problem had to replace the throw out bearing and problem gone. Had to rebuild trans the first time . second time pull it out and check no damage so thats when put in the ram tob .much better The trans isnt that bad to rebuild parts took some time to get
Old 09-09-2008, 12:25 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

How do i print out this TSB? and why wouldnt they fix everything for free the whole car is still under warranty... and do u even have 2 ask how i drove it? its made 2 be driven..im just doin what Mr. Shelby wanted us 2 do in these cars....
Old 09-09-2008, 01:54 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by zporta
How do i print out this TSB? and why wouldnt they fix everything for free the whole car is still under warranty... and do u even have 2 ask how i drove it? its made 2 be driven..im just doin what Mr. Shelby wanted us 2 do in these cars....
take it to the dealer.....they will fix it....the only time I have seen a dealer fight something like this was if they can prove abuse...in a car that is built for abuse that is impossible to prove on this vehicle. there is a TSB on the trans. however unless they deny fixing your issue the point is moot.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:07 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

only thing i ever noticed with my trans since day 1 has been when coming out of first gear going to the next gear noticed that it feels like sometimes... not always, that somethings holding on when coming out of first.... kinda feels scratchy when pulling it out... but doesnt always does, and its only coming out of first, never any gear... when i take it in for the 1000 miles check up im gonna ask them about it...

Zporta, the dealer should be fine with the fix concidering others have had issues.... plus thats what they give us warrantys for... if you get a bad dealership thats when we have problems...
Old 09-10-2008, 02:47 AM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

I recently bought a tr6060 take off transmission for my gt and am going to use my spec clutch and flywheel. My question is should i make sure this is fixed before i install it or since its a gt conversion will i even have to worry about it?
Old 09-13-2008, 10:29 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

any update on the problem??
Old 09-13-2008, 10:31 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hufenstang
I recently bought a tr6060 take off transmission for my gt and am going to use my spec clutch and flywheel. My question is should i make sure this is fixed before i install it or since its a gt conversion will i even have to worry about it?

i thnk the problem has to do with our flywheel and clutch, so by you using a different setup with the same trans you should be ok..