Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

New LED Tail Lights- What do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 10:52 AM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Default New LED Tail Lights- What do you guys think?

I installed some new LED tail lights I received from a good friend of ours. At first when I saw them in the boxes not installed I didn't really think to much of them. Even after installing them on the car for the first time I still didn't like em. However I'm the type of person that I need to give things a little more time. So I figured I would take the car for a spin with them. Go to the gas station and fill up, grab a drink and see how they looked from a different perspective. That's all it took and I feel a lot better about em. They actually look pretty damn good. They are LED's and have smoked lenses. They are real bright when the brakes are applied and I'm still using the White LED reverse lights with them.

So I'd like to get everyone's honest opinion about how they see them. It's hard to tell from the pics as well but the reverse light is White not blue and the red LED's look 10 times better in person. It's so hard for me to get them to look good on a camera so I'm going to have Rdsnk come by the shop for an up close personal look. Anyways, the good thing is that if there's something that everyone likes or dislikes we can have the factory make changes to them. I'm pretty satisfied at this point and don't feel they need anything else but want to know what the rest of the crew thinks.

Thanks, Jared

Old 09-25-2008, 11:06 AM
bamawake
1st Gear Member

i think they look really good with your color and stripe choices, but i would like to see how they looked on some other color options
Old 09-25-2008, 11:21 AM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I have mixed feelings on these. I kind of like them but then I kind of don't. They look nice and they do appear to be pretty bright, that is the part I like. The part I don't like is the clear lenses even though they are smoked but it looks too much like you see on imports. Notice I didn't say rice. It would be nice if they had more of a red/smoked tint. You didn't mention how much these cost. I can volunteer to be a candidate if you would like for me to model them on a vapor colored car. Can you also get these in sequentials or can sequentials be added?
Old 09-25-2008, 12:27 PM
thewheelman
2nd Gear Member

I'm with vapor, yeah and naw.....I've threatened to replace the tail/signal lights on both my sons cars (see sig below) because they draw less amps, are brighter and more reliable. I guess what I don't like about the set pictured above is not the led's, it's the lenses......not much of a smoked lense guy. If you could hide them behind stock appearing lenses, I'd be much more friendlier to them.....and you must have sequentials.....that's the only add-on ("mod" for us old guys) I insisted to my wife, I had to have whether I bought a GT, an SGT or the GT 500!

Good luck!
Old 09-25-2008, 07:57 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

not my style
Old 09-25-2008, 09:01 PM
GRABBER CS
3rd Gear Member

They don't look bad in the pics and I love how bright they are, however, they fall into the altezes catagory. I would consider them almost exceptable on a gt, but this is a GT 500! It's like when I see these vettes with the smoked tail lights, they are ok on a reg vette, but on a Z06, just not right!
Do what you like, you're the one driving it
Old 09-25-2008, 09:19 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Not really my thing but to each his own!! If you like it thats what counts!
Old 09-26-2008, 08:21 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

not digging them. Then again I am not an LED type of guy anyhow...