Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

My GT500 has been basically sandblasted by a Nissan 350z

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 09:09 PM
gtguyonli
2nd Gear Member

Hi ChefTJ, I have been reading your post most of the day and I really didn't know what to say to you? First I will say, I am sorry for what happened to you and also, after looking at this post most of the day and I keep thinking and pondering about it, I want to tell you that your reaction to all of this has made me really think alot about the situation. Your post has really made me think hard, and before I read it, if it happened to me, I probably would have been the guy who was either put in jail for seriously hurting someone, or killing some innocent bystander for my hasty reaction, or to do some kind of thoughtless revenge. After reading all your responces to everyone, you have taught me that it's not that bad, things can get repaired and resolved. Thank you for teaching this hot head a lesson. I am sure it will work out for you in the end, there are some great technicians out there that will do a great job returning your car to new. Good Luck, and Thank You again.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:32 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by gtguyonli
Hi ChefTJ, I have been reading your post most of the day and I really didn't know what to say to you? First I will say, I am sorry for what happened to you and also, after looking at this post most of the day and I keep thinking and pondering about it, I want to tell you that your reaction to all of this has made me really think alot about the situation. Your post has really made me think hard, and before I read it, if it happened to me, I probably would have been the guy who was either put in jail for seriously hurting someone, or killing some innocent bystander for my hasty reaction, or to do some kind of thoughtless revenge. After reading all your responces to everyone, you have taught me that it's not that bad, things can get repaired and resolved. Thank you for teaching this hot head a lesson. I am sure it will work out for you in the end, there are some great technicians out there that will do a great job returning your car to new. Good Luck, and Thank You again.
thx for the kind words.. I truly appreciate it..
Old 03-18-2009, 11:21 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I actually can believe that estimate, as for some reason the new Mustangs seem to chip very easy. Especially the windshield, front bumper and of course, the headlight plastics.

But did I miss it or were you on a gravel road? I don't see how that much gravel could get shot up by a car on a regular street. But then I've never stood behind a car during a burnout.
But now I know not to let the ricers in front of me! Never know what kind of cr@p they're gonna pull.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:34 AM
MTAS
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cheftjpeck
yeah...its taken me a few days to calm down somewhat...if I had attempted to catch the kid and caught him..nothing good could have come from it so its best I let it go...again..karma will get him one day...
Wow really sorry to hear about this mess TJ But I do agree that karma will catch his stupid ***, some day, some how.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:54 AM
nmd55
3rd Gear Member

just thought of something. dont know if its worth it or not, but is there a traffic camera that got the guys license plate number? i bet if you file a police report, you could get the cops to take a look cause, isnt that amount of damage a felony?
Old 03-19-2009, 10:59 AM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

WOW, That sucks, I am sorry about your recent bad luck you have been having, One of my major fears is stone chips and windshields! I am curious though, How is there that much sand and gravel on such a busy street,road???
Old 03-19-2009, 11:33 AM
redfirevert06
1st Gear Member

Sorry about your luck Chef. I can only imagine the sick feeling I would have had in my stomach had this happened to me. It sucks that people can't have mutual respect for other people's property. I hope everything works out for you.

Maybe this is an opportunity to get the stripes painted?
Old 03-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

I actually can believe that estimate, as for some reason the new Mustangs seem to chip very easy. Especially the windshield, front bumper and of course, the headlight plastics.
Orion 240

God did he ever say that right. Where I live (South Carolina) I have been putting up with rock chips for ****ing years. My hood has been painted at least 4 times and the bumper three times. I was looking at my friend's Dodge Challenger the other day and it didn't show squat on damage. But this car especially the most popular color black spreads like a ****ing cancer. Tried a full hood clear bra and the installer ****ed that up and when he took it off the car paint came right up with it. I love this car but this car has to be the worse car I have ever had as far as paint chips. It appears that this car is just damn vulnerable to the damage.

Sorry Chef to hear your news.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:33 PM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nmd55
just thought of something. dont know if its worth it or not, but is there a traffic camera that got the guys license plate number? i bet if you file a police report, you could get the cops to take a look cause, isnt that amount of damage a felony?
No point in this. There would be no way to prove that they guy did this on purpose and you would also never be able to prove who was actually driving the car. All we can do is hope TJ gets his car back to normal and one day this guy gets his.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:42 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chris07GT
No point in this. There would be no way to prove that they guy did this on purpose and you would also never be able to prove who was actually driving the car. All we can do is hope TJ gets his car back to normal and one day this guy gets his.
+1;....plus there are not any cameras at that intersection anyhow on State road 60 in brandon...

Quick Reply: My GT500 has been basically sandblasted by a Nissan 350z