Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

My GT500 has been basically sandblasted by a Nissan 350z

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 05:15 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default My GT500 has been basically sandblasted by a Nissan 350z

I am still awaiting the insurance adjustor tomorrow so I can not post any pics or intricate details more than that I am pissed and this other car owner will have his day with Karma....
here is what happened...
I am driving home the other night and a car cuts me off...with fart cans and all...stops at a red light in front of me...the light turns green and this a-hole punches the accelerator on his car and it spins rocks and sand all over my car....now I am not talking a little and as stated earlier I will post pics down the line...took my car to the dealer and he basically F--ed my car from the front bumper to the roof line...little nicks ,,,,its like the car has freckles.. damage include...the front bumper...all stripes from front bumper to the windshield....windsheild needs to be replaced...headlight covers (clear plastic) all pitted and gouged...bumper gouged on driver side...hood lip....parts of the hood....fenders surrounding the headlights...nothing but dots....the a -pillars around the windshield on both sides...my painted mirrors....the dealer thinks it will be well above my comp. deductible...seeing insurance adjustor tomorrow...so we will see...the dealer thinks it will be about a week or so to do all and do right....going to the dealer a) i know the owner...b) I only want Ford OEM parts and I will make that VERY clear with adjustor....dealer already knows...told him I want the actual GT500 stripes...not some cheap knockoffs...I am soo peeved...I did not post here yet because I wanted to get closer to my appt with insurance adjustor....I now went from a Brand new GT500 to a gt500 with work done to it...that pisses me off even more...oh well...the driver of the other car will get his/hers some day....not from me...but karma is a beeyatch.....just had to vent....thanks for listening...
Old 03-17-2009, 05:26 PM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

wow, that is horrible. I cant believe it did all that damage. i'd be furious with the other driver.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:32 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

damn chef im sorry 2 hear ... i would have followed that punk and gave him every bit of what he deserved...then made his insurance pay for my car
Old 03-17-2009, 05:32 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

It happens. It was probably a careless accident. I wouldn't assume the guy did that on purpose. He probably wanted to show off a little bit, maybe instigate a race or something. Didn't realize the consequences of his actions.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:50 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riptide
It happens. It was probably a careless accident. I wouldn't assume the guy did that on purpose. He probably wanted to show off a little bit, maybe instigate a race or something. Didn't realize the consequences of his actions.
well that is where I will somewhat disagree with you....I never had instigated a race with someone who was BEHIND me on an extremely busy road......I know for a fact the results of what spinning my tires at a car behind me would cause so I would NOT do it...as far as assuming he did what he did on purpose...well actually no assumption there...he spun his wheels ...he did not let off when HE HAD to hear gravel kicking up in his own fender well...so on purpose...maybe not the gravel part...but spinning his wheels like a 16 year old kid on a busy highway with allot of other traffic around...what did he think he would have gained by it....anyways....a careless accident is someone accidentally hits the backend when you suddenly stop...or lane changes without a turn signal or checking his mirror thus hitting another vehicle...this was simple malicious negligence and f--ing punk who felt he needed to show up a BETTER car by being a total ***.....I dont mean to debunk your "oh well" opinion....however...I have more respect for cars, mine and others around me to allow something like this to just be so casual...but you are entitled to your opinon..and no disrespect on my response to your opinion was intended...
Old 03-17-2009, 05:53 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 5SPD07GT
wow, that is horrible. I cant believe it did all that damage. i'd be furious with the other driver.
yeah...its taken me a few days to calm down somewhat...if I had attempted to catch the kid and caught him..nothing good could have come from it so its best I let it go...again..karma will get him one day...
Old 03-17-2009, 05:55 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by zporta
damn chef im sorry 2 hear ... i would have followed that punk and gave him every bit of what he deserved...then made his insurance pay for my car
actually if I could have just seen his tag to get that info would have made me happy...I did not want to pursue for a few good reasons..first and foremost....nothing good would have come of it...thanks Z...
Old 03-17-2009, 05:57 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

yes...u are a smart man for not going after him and getting ur self into any trouble... i kno what anger and adrenaline could make u do...u did the right thing and i hope ur baby gets fixed like new...GL
Old 03-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

No disrespect taken. Obviously that person was negligent. And you are entitled to have the damage fixed at no cost to you.

I am just not certain that he realized what was going on. That the damage to your car was intentional. Even if he heard gravel in his fender well he may not have mentally made the connection on what was going on behind him there. And I do know people sometimes like to instigate races by getting in front and showing off a bit in the hopes that down the road there will be an opportunity.

Who really knows. Maybe what he did was completely done on purpose, he knew what was going on the whole time, and deserves to be run over for it.

All I'm saying is that it's easy to jump to conclusions. In the end it doesn't matter. He's gone and you have no way of getting a dime out of him.

I'm sorry about the damage to your car. Having a black one believe me. I know how much rocks suck. We have tons of them on the road here in MT and there is only so much you can do to avoid them.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:42 AM
Mullens
1st Gear Member

Does anybody wonder why we have all this road rage and people getting shot over traffic disputes? A-holes like that. You did do the right thing by letting it go. Not worth a trip to jail or worse.

Quick Reply: My GT500 has been basically sandblasted by a Nissan 350z