Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Issues with Whipple on my 08 GT500

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Mike@Whipple

Jason,
I just emailed you a copy of the Whipple Industries Inc. limited warranty info that is on the back of every packing slip and on the back of every invoice. Unfortunately, I am unable to post an attachment here otherwise I would do so (anyone else looking for this can PM me with their email address and I will gladly send it to you as well). It clearly states that Whipple industries Inc. does not cover a loss of time, installation or removal, shipping and so on. I am sorry for this but, if you will recall, I did offer to send you a hat and shirt (when I have them available) or a pulley or part that we offer for your kit at no charge to you when you like. As you stated, I also extended your warranty an extra year to ease your mind.

Also, to be clear. The first time around, your blower did not break a shaft. If it had, we would by no means be able to simply "rebuild" it. The shaft is connected to the rotor and can not be simply changed out. On our evaluation of the unit the first time, there was no sign of ware or damage to the shafts. If there were, we would have replaced it.

To answer the questions about boost level. Our website does state that you can run up to 30psi of boost on this compressor BUT, this is in conjunction with how fast you are spinning the compressor. There is a max RPM on the compressors as well. The site simply states what we recomend the Max boost, max peek RPM and max continuous RPM. In example, you will see 30psi at a lot lower RPM on a 2.0 4 cylinder motor with 9:0 to 1 compression than a 540ci big block with 7:0 to 1 compression with the same size compressor. To run 30psi on a GT500, the site also states that engine modifications need to be done that include but are not limited to cooling upgrade, fuel and fuel system upgrades as well as motor upgrades.

Hope this helps and if anyone has more questions or comments, feel free to ask me.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:56 PM
JJOHNSON

Default THANKS MIKE

HEY GUYS! JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE READING THIS KNOW THAT AFTER TALKING TO MIKE AT WHIPPLE ON THE PHONE, WE AGREE THAT MY ISSUE IS NOT A WHIPPLE ISSUE AND HE WENT OUT OF HIS WAY TO HELP ME WITH MY ISSUES. THANKS MIKE!
Old 11-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Mike@Whipple

Any time Jay. Just call me if you need any info, have any comments or concerns. I am here to help.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:13 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

whipple crew ftw!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 07:08 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Whipple FTMFW!!!!!! as I said great company and working with them direct is the best way to solve any issues.....they do go out of their way to make customers happy as they always have in the past!!!!

Thanks Mike for chiming in!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2009, 03:38 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mike@Whipple
Jason,
I just emailed you a copy of the Whipple Industries Inc. limited warranty info that is on the back of every packing slip and on the back of every invoice. Unfortunately, I am unable to post an attachment here otherwise I would do so (anyone else looking for this can PM me with their email address and I will gladly send it to you as well). It clearly states that Whipple industries Inc. does not cover a loss of time, installation or removal, shipping and so on. I am sorry for this but, if you will recall, I did offer to send you a hat and shirt (when I have them available) or a pulley or part that we offer for your kit at no charge to you when you like. As you stated, I also extended your warranty an extra year to ease your mind.

Also, to be clear. The first time around, your blower did not break a shaft. If it had, we would by no means be able to simply "rebuild" it. The shaft is connected to the rotor and can not be simply changed out. On our evaluation of the unit the first time, there was no sign of ware or damage to the shafts. If there were, we would have replaced it.

To answer the questions about boost level. Our website does state that you can run up to 30psi of boost on this compressor BUT, this is in conjunction with how fast you are spinning the compressor. There is a max RPM on the compressors as well. The site simply states what we recomend the Max boost, max peek RPM and max continuous RPM. In example, you will see 30psi at a lot lower RPM on a 2.0 4 cylinder motor with 9:0 to 1 compression than a 540ci big block with 7:0 to 1 compression with the same size compressor. To run 30psi on a GT500, the site also states that engine modifications need to be done that include but are not limited to cooling upgrade, fuel and fuel system upgrades as well as motor upgrades.

Hope this helps and if anyone has more questions or comments, feel free to ask me.

thanks for the post, always nice to get information from the source
Old 11-26-2009, 11:11 AM
loots06
5th Gear Member

Nice..Like I've said in the past whipple will take care of you..

Mike, Can I have the shirt and hat? PM SENT..