Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Recommendation for a rental trailer to tranport a Shelby GT500.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 12:11 PM
06Vista
2nd Gear Member

Default Recommendation for a rental trailer to tranport a Shelby GT500.

Hello,

I am looking for any options for rented enclosed trailers, or rented open trailers as I want to tow the car myself. What is the best source (links appreciated ) to transport a Shelby GT500 on a rented trailer as the local uhaul does not appear to be able to work(the car is to low). The car in question is very low miles and I do not want to drive it from state to state, rockchips,etc. Any assistance or suggestions will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Last edited by 06Vista; 03-09-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:03 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Don't borrow your Dad's utility trailer like I did.......I appreciated the help, but I sweated bullets all the way home!!!! I had to be Houdini getting it off the back of that trailer without ripping the front chin spoiler off. I was never so relieved to see home!
Old 03-09-2010, 03:21 PM
whtnblk.GT
3rd Gear Member

If money does not matter and if its from state to state, maybe use RELIABLE as your transporting service? They would put your car in the cargo so that it is protected from rock chips, weather, etc.

Do not quote me on this though. I could be wrong but that is what I've been hearing about them...
Old 03-09-2010, 03:39 PM
06Vista
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the comments guys.

By chance does anyone know of a company that will rent a trailer that is capable of towing the car? Anyone here trailer there Shelby that could make a recommendation? Thanks again for the advise.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:55 PM
06Vista
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SaddleUp
Don't borrow your Dad's utility trailer like I did.......I appreciated the help, but I sweated bullets all the way home!!!! I had to be Houdini getting it off the back of that trailer without ripping the front chin spoiler off. I was never so relieved to see home!
Exactly what I am trying to avoid, must have been a few real tense moments there I can only imagine!
Old 03-09-2010, 04:34 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

I had a 3.5 hour drive back home from where the car was purchased. Thankfully, the trip home was uneventful (in the pouring rain), and the car was unloaded without harm. "Tense moments" is exactly how I would describe them!
Old 03-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Hey Vista...I had mine shipped by covered transport from western WA to my home...I will look for the contact if you wish they do all across the country...shoot me a PM if you are interested.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:28 PM
mobydick
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06Vista
Hello,

I am looking for any options for rented enclosed trailers, or rented open trailers as I want to tow the car myself. What is the best source (links appreciated ) to transport a Shelby GT500 on a rented trailer as the local uhaul does not appear to be able to work(the car is to low). The car in question is very low miles and I do not want to drive it from state to state, rockchips,etc. Any assistance or suggestions will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Where are you buying the car at and where do you want it delivered?
Old 03-17-2010, 03:46 AM
Black Chrome
1st Gear Member

if your using an open trailer from state to state and on the hwy, try using a car cover to avoid the rockchips
Old 03-17-2010, 07:46 AM
inyadreems
2nd Gear Member

Suggestion; remove the front splitter to transport it. The front splitter comes on and off with ease. After it is removed you should have any clearance issues.

I only have 280 miles on mine and have a slight scrap already from a driveway. I have faced the fact that the splitter is going to damaged. I will be purchasing another one for future keeping.

Quick Reply: Recommendation for a rental trailer to tranport a Shelby GT500.