Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Just wanted to say...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 01:42 AM
cjs06
2nd Gear Member

It is definitely fun to see other stangs on the road and to have that mutual respect.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:21 AM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lifter583
I always acknowledge other Mustangs...no matter which one of my 3 I am in...we are all brothers! LOL...(and you are right...some dont have a clue)...but quite a few people ask to see the GT500 do its thing..and with the modifications I have made it is putting down 540 RWHP and it puts on a pretty good show! Problem is I doubt I will get 10K out of the rear tires...LOL
Mine will rot before they wear out
Old 07-14-2010, 11:34 AM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Snakebite64
Mine will rot before they wear out

Let me make you a deal on those tires!! The only respectful way tires should go is burning!!
Old 07-15-2010, 10:21 AM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

One of my good friends recently replaced his turbo'd 2007 GT with a brand new 2010 GT500... it's a very impressive car. It's not quite as fast as mine is right now, but once he does some minor upgrades it's going to smoke my car. It's also WAY more refined on the inside with all the 2010 updates... it feels like a luxury car!

BTW, I always give the nod to fellow Mustang drivers, especially if they are modded. Except for one punk driving around my area in an orange/black Foose Mustang. Everytime he sees me he just tries and tries to race and acts like a fool. One day, when the conditions are right, I'm gonna show him what a blown GT can do. :-)
Old 07-15-2010, 01:44 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

The other night, I was driving home from baseball and I was on the highway, next thing I know, I hear a whine and this guy flys past me in a red w/white stripes gt500, so, I caught up and we cruised a bit...he was amazed how good my car sounded with the longtubes o/r x and slps..lol i got a compliment from a gt500 driver, that made my night...plus the 3 hits and RBI I drove in
Old 07-16-2010, 03:27 PM
whitegt500

i always look for other mustangs when i drive around too, im always havin everything try and race me tho.....vans, minivans, trucks...etc i drive like a gramps some times also but had a reason to recently.....guy in town had run from the cops at night and he owned at white shelby gt w/silver stripes and was wanted and everytime a cop saw me they would bust a u-turn and follow me and even had 3 cops surround my car at work at night seeing if that was the one they were looking for, well finally they found the car and the guy and got all these cops off my tail lol, luckily 2 guys that i know well are police so they gave me the heads up on the situation ......but im gettin back to hearin that whine again so i cant complain!!!!!
Old 07-16-2010, 08:39 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by whitegt500
i always look for other mustangs when i drive around too, im always havin everything try and race me tho.....vans, minivans, trucks...etc i drive like a gramps some times also but had a reason to recently.....guy in town had run from the cops at night and he owned at white shelby gt w/silver stripes and was wanted and everytime a cop saw me they would bust a u-turn and follow me and even had 3 cops surround my car at work at night seeing if that was the one they were looking for, well finally they found the car and the guy and got all these cops off my tail lol, luckily 2 guys that i know well are police so they gave me the heads up on the situation ......but im gettin back to hearin that whine again so i cant complain!!!!!
Whoa dude, that's crazy... I would have been doing the speed limit everywhere, haha.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:54 PM
jkermitriley

I drive like a granny in my lil sixxer, I used to have a 03 standard and would haul *** everywhere, then one night, between stops we got a light bit of rain. I was reving the engine showing off for some girls in a Escalade. I sent the mustang sides up against a curb and flipped it into a 6 foot ditch, BTW came out without a scratch, passenger had a slight burn from the seat belt. So I take it easy in cars now, as for driving fast, I like to fly by gt500's on my r1 on one wheel .

Old 07-16-2010, 08:55 PM
jkermitriley

Oh and I wave to all, even if they are lame and do not return the flavor.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:46 AM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

That's a nice bike - my buddy just sold his R1 for a Harley... I think he's nuts since we're young and you may as well enjoy the rocket while you can and then get the Harley when you're older but meh...

@whitegt500 that would be super scary! Could thing you got some forewarning on that!

Quick Reply: Just wanted to say...