Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Turning a base 2010 GT into a 2010 GT500. Help!

Old 07-19-2010, 03:51 PM
beastofblood

The point im trying to make on this forum, ON MY POSTING, is that i can get MY little 4.6 liter engine, swap all the parts with Shelby parts *Including a 4.6 liter supercharger as lexustech48 showed me and it would be faster than your GT500.

Its MY hard work and MY money so im gonna make my GT a GT500 or modify it up to be more than that. I can put the best gear under my hood and on my car and have a cobra emblem, a bat emblem or any other emblem id want and im sure id own your *** with it on the street.

And quite frankly, of the X amount of people who took there time to reply to MY post your the only one being a dick about it. Just because you "supposedly" have a 2011 GT500 doesn't mean you can rat on MY posting and on MY car. (This is a Mustang forum, designed to HELP other Mustang enthusiast, not belittle them or there ideas)

Also, might i add the fact that i did not say, "hey guys where can i find cobra emblems to stick on my GT?" i said, hey how do i make my GT into a GT500?

They all come out of the SAME factory, just with a few different parts.

Now, get the **** off my post.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:11 PM
quorum
1st Gear Member

and yet you're still going to put a cobra emblem on your non-cobra car. Sure you can make it faster than a GT500, but it's not a GT500. So many people have made fast Mustang GTs but they weren't fake enough to pretend that it was a GT500. It's called personal pride and honesty.

Like I said, I can't get through to people like you, because when you're dishonest with your life, you will also fight to defend your values. It's only natural.

Do you have any defense? I'd be willing to hear your point of view. What benefit do you get from putting cobra badges on your Mustang GT? Personal esteem? People will praise your car? Kinda like a fake internet degree right - looks good on your wall and people will praise you; and it's your wall and you can do whatever you want right?

But this is a public forum, not your living room so when you post for the world to see about your fake car, you invite criticisms about your fake behavior.

Last edited by quorum; 07-19-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:15 PM
beastofblood

Also, lets keep in mind, im nothing like the kid in the video. Im talking about a full transformation of the GT into the GT500, if not more...

And i would never simply deck out my GT with the big Shelby Spoiler and Body Kit when i dont have the power to back up the Logo.

I ALWAYS run people when im challenged. (Granted a fair challenge, im not about to even begin to think i can win over a bike or anything more powerful than mine.) Win or lose, it doesnt matter to me. Its all for fun.

So, next time you get on a post and wanna throw your weight around and talk about fake degrees and Rolex watches, think about this post and how a whole bunch of people read your post and are like "yup, that guys a douche."

Have fun asswipe

*Note* This is a MUSTANG FORUM, we ARE ALL CAR ENTHUSIAST. We all have respect for this forum and each other. We are a team per say. This isint a meet, and im not a GTO talking trash, so dont even compare me to that.

Deuce!
Old 07-19-2010, 04:19 PM
quorum
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by beastofblood

So, next time you get on a post and wanna throw your weight around and talk about fake degrees and Rolex watches, think about this post and how a whole bunch of people read your post and are like "yup, that guys a douche."

Have fun asswipe
I can also converse with you respectfully without resorting to calling names. How's that for "douche" behavior?

So we know you like to fake your car and you're abusive. I have yet to reveal any negative character traits publicly.

But you know what, why not just mod your engine and make it faster than a GT500? No-one will fault you for that. It's making it look like something it's not that is dishonest and fake. You're entitled to faking your car, and I am entitled to calling you on it; that's fair right? Keep in mind that the minute someone looks under your hood, they will see it's a fake; and in fact anyone who knows Shelby can look at your interior/engine and see it's a fake, so even though they may not say it to your face they sure are thinking it: you're posing.

The only people you will fool are people who don't know Mustangs. For people who do, you would have to fake everything: the seats, the steering wheel, the dimpled aluminum interior. It's like all lies: one lie leads to another and another and another.

People who mod cars don't mod Shelbys. Why pay $50k for a car just to rip stuff out? On the other hand the Mustang GT is a perfect platform to mod. So your car has to look exactly like a Shelby otherwise you're going to invite suspicion. Especially if you don't have a 5.4L with someone's initials on it.

Last edited by quorum; 07-19-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:21 PM
beastofblood

In response to your last posting, im not being fake about anything....
LMAO you dont even know me and your saying IM BEING DISHONEST WITH MY LIFE!??!?! LMAOOOOOOO
WTF!?!?!?!
Get over yourself!

I can get a BASE V6 Mustang right now and gut it completely and make it a GT500 and you wouldn't even know the difference you ignorant person.

YOU DONT UNDERSTAND because of your own ignorance, so like i said go troll somewhere else. Dont respond to this, i dont wanna hear your flaming anymore and nor does anyone else viewing this post.

And im sure, no one would care if i didnt have a 5.4 liter engine with "someones" initials on it. Its a fast car anyways, who cares? Your gonna tell me that the signature on the engine makes or breaks it? lmaoooo
What a ridiculous thing to say.

Also, your pristine language and vernacular have let everyone know your still an *******. Dont try to put makeup on a pig. YOUR STILL AN IDIOT, FLAMER, INTERNET TROLL, HATER, and every other bad term me and others can think of.

You couldve easily said, "hey bro, nice idea but i dont think its legit? blah blah blah," and i wouldve responded thanks for the post but blah blah blah, peace!" and that would have been that, but INSTEAD you gotta make yourself feel good by not only belittling me but all others on this forum who have the same aspirations as I.

Think before you speak next time, or ill pwn you again infront of everyone viewing this post.

and btw, dont try to edit your post to cover up previous flaws in it....thats just......weak

Last edited by beastofblood; 07-19-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:48 PM
quorum
1st Gear Member

In response to your last posting, im not being fake about anything....
Your dishonesty is leading you to not even see that you are being dishonest. You car is not a GT500. I can prove it by looking up your VIN or looking at what's written on your insurance pink slip. So how is this not fake?

Here's an interesting article I found about people who are inauthentic:
http://onlyhumanaps.blogspot.com/201...-faking-it.cfm

I looked it up because I was genuinely curious about why people, after being inauthentic, continue to justify their behavior. The research is interesting to say the least! You said that you could gut a V6, make it look like a GT500 and I can't tell the difference. This makes it real to you? Whatever you do, it isn't a GT500; but like I said earlier, once you fake, even fakes seem real to you. There's no convincing you any more once you lead an inauthentic life, because to question it would be to confront the reality of the rest of your life and few people are willing to do that.

Last edited by quorum; 07-19-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:08 PM
beastofblood

Well......Lets look at the facts here....

FACT: I own a 2010 GT Mustang

FACT: Even if i did gut the whole car and put every single Shelby GT500 part in it it WOULDNT be AN OFFICIAL Shelby GT500.

FACT: Only ridiculously stuck up tight arrogant people would care....

and last but not least fact: does it even really matter? if i were to talk to someone id say yeah i bought it as a GT, put my hard earned money and time into it and made it what it is today. Like i said it can have cobra emblems on it or whatever on it and itd still be my car, my shelby GT500 look alike if you wanna be harsh about it, regardless itd still be just as fast and not faster with the same body and that was my goal here.....

Why are you even arguing with me over this? Do you REALLY CARE THAT MUCH over what i do in my spare time? lol

I cruise with alot of people with ALOT of different cars, and all have been supportive.
No one really cares bro....except you.

So whats it gonna be? Are you gonna keep nagging on my car or are you gonna just drop it and be cool?
Old 07-19-2010, 08:55 PM
mobydick
2nd Gear Member

Hey everyone! I have a 2010 GT Mustang. Ive been looking at the 2010 GT500 and have completely fell in love with it. I DO NOT WANNA TRADE IN FOR IT, i just wanna start buying the parts for the conversion. Can anyone help push me in the right direction?

Also, Theoretically speaking, if i were to keep the stock 4.6 liter engine, would the SVT supercharger kit *or whipple* be able to fit it? And what if i got a 5.4 liter engine *identical to the Shelby GT500* or even a 5.8 liter engine *Just a big monster engine in general 10 years from now for it? would it be able to fit it then?

Thanks!
I've read some of the post on this thread. The amount of money you will spend to make the 4.6 3V get 485 pony’s at the rear wheels is obscene compared to just buying a GT500. The stock mill will not hold up to at 540hp on the street. Even a 4.6 4V that would last, would set you back to the point of a real 5.4 $16,000 FRPP engine would cost.

What I would do if I were you would build a built 5.4 3V TT car. It would cost less and be very fast.

Here’s a Video of me being out run by one. You have to consider though the black car is at its limit. Where as, I still have 250 more relatively cheap bolt on pony’s to acquire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi9iOKwHdUM
Old 07-19-2010, 10:13 PM
crescent_wrench
2nd Gear Member

Relax.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:17 PM
beastofblood

Thanks for the reply Mobydick! What exactly do you mean when you say 3V? Im not familiar with that verbage.

Also, i know the difference between a Turbo and a Supercharger, but isint it frowned upon to have a turbo in a muscle? I know a turbo is quicker of the start, but is it "better" than a supercharger? *noob question* but id appreciate a response and or viewpoint!

Thank you

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turning a base 2010 GT into a 2010 GT500. Help!