Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Upgraded to a GT500

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 06:51 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

first off, congrats on the GT500, it's very sharp!

second, regarding the clutch TSB, the more searching you do, the more you'll worry...trust me. I've read where some had their clutch go out with several hundred miles on the car to some that had it go out with several thousand miles. I've even read where some have had several clutches put in their car to have problems everytime?? All I can do is say drive it, enjoy it and if you have problems, go get it fixed. The one thing I do to check my car, which I've heard appears to be one of the first signs of the clutch going out, is to put the car on level ground and with the car in first gear let off the brake (clutch still engaged), if the car pulls forward, you've got a problem, if it doesn't, you're good.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:46 AM
keizerred

Gorgeous car! I'm jealous. LOL
Old 08-04-2010, 12:27 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cheftjpeck
Congrats....beautiful car and awesome color!! It's the fastest color ..
. Enjoy
You are mistaken as I have seen actual reports saying stripe delete black ones are the fastest
Old 08-04-2010, 01:21 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Snakebite64
You are mistaken as I have seen actual reports saying stripe delete black ones are the fastest
LOL.... I think you left out the first sentence from those reports.... "outside of the Vista Blue with white stripe gt500's, stripe delete black gt500s are one of the faster color shelby's"
Old 08-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

without a doubt...Black with Alloy stripes are the fastest!

1 of 759...
Old 08-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Black Chrome
1st Gear Member

love the car ! Maybe you can get it done out of warranty too if the tsb issue has a recall no worries!
Old 08-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Witte 05
1st Gear Member

Very Nice!...Although I will always love white with vista blue...the reverse likes yours (vista blue with white) is a great choice!!! If i had the money I would have both combinations!!!haha....ideally a 6 car garage with an apartment on top!...congrats!
Old 08-05-2010, 04:44 AM
mobydick
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
first off, congrats on the GT500, it's very sharp!

second, regarding the clutch TSB, the more searching you do, the more you'll worry...trust me. I've read where some had their clutch go out with several hundred miles on the car to some that had it go out with several thousand miles. I've even read where some have had several clutches put in their car to have problems everytime?? All I can do is say drive it, enjoy it and if you have problems, go get it fixed. The one thing I do to check my car, which I've heard appears to be one of the first signs of the clutch going out, is to put the car on level ground and with the car in first gear let off the brake (clutch still engaged), if the car pulls forward, you've got a problem, if it doesn't, you're good.
I think you mean disengaged Clutch Peddle Depressed. The Dealers are supposed to do a test to confirm by lifting the cars rear tires and going through the gears with the Clutch disengaged. Any wheel spin the TSB can be done.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:14 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

sweet upgrade!

Old 08-05-2010, 12:29 PM
kawasakiguy
2nd Gear Member

Normally I hate anything bigger than a 18" rim, but those look really good on that car with that color and stripe.

Quick Reply: Upgraded to a GT500