Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Got Stopped the Other Day

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 07:50 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Alec
I'm willing to bet you got pulled over solely because of the car. Grabber orange GT500... kinda asking for it (as much as I love it)

I have my own 'profiling' story. Long story short, I was cruising through S Philly one night and stopped at a gas station. 2 cops pull up and park around me, tell me to go home There's a spot where they street race down the street, saw my car and assumed I was down there. I told her it's a V6, I don't race it lol That didn't go over well, took and ran all my info and made a big production. At this point I was pissed, just let her go through the motions and continued home. Apparently I'm not the first person that this has happened to down there either...

Moral of the story is you'll get a lot more 5-0 attention based on what you drive
Ain't that the truth. 5-0, lol, that is on my fenders! (well, 5.0 that is!)

I haven't had a ticket in going on 10 years, until this past fall. The cop got me for 13 over, which most really don't even bother an go for bigger fish to fry.
Was I speeding? Without a doubt. But if I would not have drawn attention to myself, he would not have even bothered. He only lasered my car (he had a laser, not a radar) because out of the pack of on coming cars, he could easily single mine out because I was silly enough to drive with my foglights on. All he had to do is hop in his car, merge into traffic, and wait for me to catch up.
Profiling? Yes, but not because he saw I was driving a 'Stang, only simply because he could easily track my car because of my foglights. As silly as it is, I do not drive with my fogs on anymore to better blend into traffic and be much harder to pick out of the pack.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:55 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Ain't that the truth. 5-0, lol, that is on my fenders! (well, 5.0 that is!)

I haven't had a ticket in going on 10 years, until this past fall. The cop got me for 13 over, which most really don't even bother an go for bigger fish to fry.
Was I speeding? Without a doubt. But if I would not have drawn attention to myself, he would not have even bothered. He only lasered my car (he had a laser, not a radar) because out of the pack of on coming cars, he could easily single mine out because I was silly enough to drive with my foglights on. All he had to do is hop in his car, merge into traffic, and wait for me to catch up.
Profiling? Yes, but not because he saw I was driving a 'Stang, only simply because he could easily track my car because of my foglights. As silly as it is, I do not drive with my fogs on anymore to better blend into traffic and be much harder to pick out of the pack.
But Stang's look sooo good driving with the fogs and the headlights on. :/
Old 01-04-2011, 07:55 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cal26Stang
I have been pulled over for excessive speed before...anotherwords, it looked like I was going over the speed limit, but they didn't actually radar me. Also, had one for sounding like I was going to fast...luckily I talked my way out of a couple...its a good feeling when the officer is non-confrontational and reasonable...usually female officers don't fit this description...why are they so mean???
Do you drive an automatic? The gals aren't too turned on by automatics
Old 01-04-2011, 07:57 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by theACE
But Stang's look sooo good driving with the fogs and the headlights on. :/
I know! Something about the fogs make the car, part of the reason why I love pony cars!
Old 01-04-2011, 09:08 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Yeah :/ I guess its either do or die. I would personally just drive with the lights on and hope that it is my lucky day and the cops avoid my car. I personally drive with my lights on all the time, just something I do.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:41 PM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Unsullied_Spy
+1 to that, cops are all punks.
Kinda +1, have to say the majority of the police I´ve come across, and I don´t mean for just tickets, just encounters, have been just awful. The we´re right, even if we´re wrong mentality, just mad do because I say as individuals usually. But short of getting it on tape in most instances, it´s pucker up, zip it, and hope they give a reach-around after.

Not always true I´m sure. And I have known a couple that were fairly personable, and actually helpful. But as the saying goes, power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. More so IMO now, since it is far less a profession for those looking for a noble service to the community, and more as a good paying career move.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:43 PM
2008vistablue
1st Gear Member

good job of keeping your cool and working it out. I think they can tell when people start to give them the guilty look and those that are really innocent.