Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Shelby Museum and Factory tour

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 11:24 PM
Fifthwind
3rd Gear Member

Default Shelby Museum and Factory tour

I live in Vegas, and tomorrow morning, I'm gonna go down to the Speedway and take a look at the Shelby universe. I've lived in Vegas for almost 20 years and have never been (yeah, imagine that). Anyway, I'm gonna try to take pictures of as much as I can. I'll post the best ones tomorrow night and give you all a peek. In particular, I want to get a good close look at the new Shelby GT350 (last Production Shelby ever... it's sad to think that from now on there will only be Shelby parts... but no built cars)

And then OF COURSE I'll want to get pictures of "The One" the very first Shelby Cobra ever built which is on display there. Even though it will *never* be for sale, it is considered by many to be the most valuable car in the world.

Can't wait... .should be fun... stay tuned to this thread for pics.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:38 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Please, post a LOT of pictures. I really want to see this place.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:51 AM
Red-GT500
1st Gear Member

I may be mistaken but i went out there one saturday and i thought i saw a sign saying no photography in the museum. I could be confusing this with another place... either way i live in vegas and i should get off my **** and go see it to. But, i gotta work, whats even more lame is i work on the Air Force Base thats like 5 minutes from the place.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:56 AM
Fifthwind
3rd Gear Member

Well, that would suck... we'll see.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:02 AM
jmn444
1st Gear Member

Pics in the museum are fine, but not in the shop/ tour area. Have fun!
Old 11-01-2010, 06:08 AM
Fifthwind
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jmn444
Pics in the museum are fine, but not in the shop/ tour area. Have fun!
Cool!

BTW, what is the significance of the "444" in your username? Just asking because triple 4s have pretty much haunted me my whole life.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:13 AM
jmn444
1st Gear Member

I'm just here to haunt you!!!

Seriously, no significance, once upon a time, I was setting up an account online, tried my initials and it was taken, so I kept adding 4's till it was a free user name.... It didn't occur to me to put more thought into it!
Old 11-01-2010, 06:20 AM
Fifthwind
3rd Gear Member

Oooooh Spoooooky :P

It's 4am... I suppose I should get some sleep if I'm gonna get up to go over to the Shelby Museum.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Lorenzo

Thats really amazing how you never been but I know what you mean. I used to live in Valencia CA next to Magic Mountain and when I lived there for 4 years I never went to six flags. But when I moved out, I went on the summer lol. When I get home, I will share my pics as well of the Shelby Museam. HAVE FUN MAN! I'm sure you'll be spending on some toys and clothing like I did. My advice, if you are married, do not bring the wife

Last edited by Lorenzo; 11-01-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Lorenzo

Originally Posted by Red-GT500
I may be mistaken but i went out there one saturday and i thought i saw a sign saying no photography in the museum. I could be confusing this with another place... either way i live in vegas and i should get off my **** and go see it to. But, i gotta work, whats even more lame is i work on the Air Force Base thats like 5 minutes from the place.
Yes you can take photos unless they changed it recently which will suck.

Quick Reply: Shelby Museum and Factory tour