Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Ordered My Carrol Shelby Signed Dash Plaque! and more!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Talking Ordered My Carrol Shelby Signed Dash Plaque! and more!

Big price tag on it but hey it looks great!
Has the CS logo, VIN number engraved... and it's
signed by Carrol Shelby!

Now I just have to wait 3-5 months for it to come in lol!

Also got the windows tinted today.
I was gonna go with limo tint in the back but with a black car and black leather 20% looked DARK.

Plus the limo can be hard to see through at night backing up etc.

Also ordered some 845 wax so I could have a nice LONG lasting wax. Going to wash, clay bar, polish, and wax her when it comes in!

Anyways... I'm pretty stoked!
Old 03-01-2012, 10:36 PM
swahler1

Hey did you get your plate yet?!?! my shelby Gt came with a csm num plate but only with an engraved signature, does your plate have a real signature or engraved?
Anyways i was wondering where i can get my passenger airbag dash signed, or where to buy a singed dash, any ideas? I checked out some shelby forms and they say if u donate or send your dash in it can get signed for like $300 but all the links were dead.
any help??
THANKS!
Old 03-02-2012, 10:23 AM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

I heard that the air bag covers are getting returned much quicker. May be because the VIN numbers aren't engraved on them, but I also heard recently that there has been a hold on placing orders for them recently. Some ppl have been waiting 6 months or so for it. I do like the look of them though!

Blacksmoke... you should come to the cruise tomorrow in central tx (austin to marble falls). It would be nice to meet you. Not sure where you're located, but there are people from dallas and houston coming in, and all over the state. It was definitely a good time last time I went. They take pictures along the way while you're driving as well.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:32 AM
MajMotorsports
1st Gear Member

the CS autograph has been suspended for the time being. Carroll just isnt available to keep up with the amount of stuff to be signed like he once did.

this is from the foundation site:

Thank you for your interest in Carroll Shelby’s autograph. At the young age of 89, Mr. Shelby is scaling back his day-to-day activities. This includes the Carroll Shelby Foundation’s autograph program.

Due to the overwhelming number of autograph requests received, CSF has suspended the autograph program. We are currently at full capacity for autograph requests. Once we complete signing our current inventory, we will reopen the program for new requests.

http://www.cscf.org/donate/get-carrolls-autograph/

The price is $150 for non-car part: posters, diecast, shirts, etc...
Then $200 for a car part: hood, visor, dash, etc...
Old 03-05-2012, 09:52 AM
ghedeup123

I was told the same thing by the folks at the Shelby Store. My plaque is waiting to be signed at the foundation and there is a room full of stuff for him to sign. I placed my order last September 16.

Colin
Old 03-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
Big price tag on it but hey it looks great!
Has the CS logo, VIN number engraved... and it's
signed by Carrol Shelby!

Now I just have to wait 3-5 months for it to come in lol!

Also got the windows tinted today.
I was gonna go with limo tint in the back but with a black car and black leather 20% looked DARK.

Plus the limo can be hard to see through at night backing up etc.

Also ordered some 845 wax so I could have a nice LONG lasting wax. Going to wash, clay bar, polish, and wax her when it comes in!

Anyways... I'm pretty stoked!
It's never to dark as I am all black (well red inserts) and I went with 5%, it looks great.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:48 PM
mickman
1st Gear Member

I should have ordered mine last summer, they aren't even offered on the Shelby site any longer like you point out. Funny thing is, they are still offered on the site for the 2010-20111 GT 500s I believe.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:38 AM
MajMotorsports
1st Gear Member

i dont think CS is doing to well, found this section of an email on a SAAC forum:

"Dear Friend of the Foundation,

We would like to thank you for your support of the Carroll Shelby Foundation. We have received your package with request for an authentic Carroll Shelby Autograph. Unfortunately, due to his declining health over the past few months, Mr. Shelby is no longer able to participate in the autograph program. For that reason, and with tremendous regret, we must return your item without an authentic signature. The Foundation will be offering an alternative option with an autopen Commemorative signature.

In 1991, after his life-saving heart transplant, Mr. Shelby decided to use his position in life to help those less fortunate. He made a deal with “the big guy upstairs” that if he survived he would help in any way he could. Carroll started the Carroll Shelby Heart Fund, today known as the Carroll Shelby Foundation, to support organ and tissue donation for children as well as education. Over the past 20 years Mr. Shelby has given much of his time to sit with his fans and autograph their prized possession. His commitment to giving back has allowed the Carroll Shelby Foundation to donate to a myriad of medical establishments, individuals and other organizations. With the continued support of donors like you, his philanthropic vision will continue."

http://saacforum.com/index.php?topic=17056.0 sounds like he is in the hospital
Old 03-10-2012, 07:18 PM
swahler1

Originally Posted by MajMotorsports
i dont think CS is doing to well, found this section of an email on a SAAC forum:

"Dear Friend of the Foundation,

We would like to thank you for your support of the Carroll Shelby Foundation. We have received your package with request for an authentic Carroll Shelby Autograph. Unfortunately, due to his declining health over the past few months, Mr. Shelby is no longer able to participate in the autograph program. For that reason, and with tremendous regret, we must return your item without an authentic signature. The Foundation will be offering an alternative option with an autopen Commemorative signature.

In 1991, after his life-saving heart transplant, Mr. Shelby decided to use his position in life to help those less fortunate. He made a deal with “the big guy upstairs” that if he survived he would help in any way he could. Carroll started the Carroll Shelby Heart Fund, today known as the Carroll Shelby Foundation, to support organ and tissue donation for children as well as education. Over the past 20 years Mr. Shelby has given much of his time to sit with his fans and autograph their prized possession. His commitment to giving back has allowed the Carroll Shelby Foundation to donate to a myriad of medical establishments, individuals and other organizations. With the continued support of donors like you, his philanthropic vision will continue."

http://saacforum.com/index.php?topic=17056.0 sounds like he is in the hospital

Damn son, so you sent your dashboard? in to get signed and they had to send it back because of his health. That sucks. When did you request the signature and how long did it take before you found out and got it back.
I wonder if you can buy some signed dash's second hand. cuz i really wanted one for my SGT.
hope he gets better and i wish him the best!
Old 03-10-2012, 09:59 PM
MajMotorsports
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by swahler1
Damn son, so you sent your dashboard? in to get signed and they had to send it back because of his health. That sucks. When did you request the signature and how long did it take before you found out and got it back.
I wonder if you can buy some signed dash's second hand. cuz i really wanted one for my SGT.
hope he gets better and i wish him the best!
i didnt send in a dash, i was going to send in a diecast car, but found out the program was suspended a month ago

u could probably buy a 2nd hand dash - airbag cover - but just got to found it. I would suggest to go to shelbyforums.com or teamshelby.com and see if anyone wants to sell theirs, but if they know about CS health, they might charge top dollar for it. so good luck