Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Finally In The Shelby Club!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cheftjpeck
That is so true.. My only regret was getting bit by the mod bug.. And not planning it out.. When I first bought mine in 08 I said its perfect stock.. Just changed the stock exhaust before it left showroom floor and sequential tail lights and I swore that was it.. Said I would never get bored with the 500 hp (443 Rwhp) then it happened.. Pulley , cai, tune.. And I was like wow!!! I'm done.. Had 547 Rwhp and 544 torque ...more than enough... But now I'm saying my exhaust wish was deeper and finall 4 years and several exhaust changes later with lotsa $$ spent .. Said I'm done . But of course during that time I bought lowering springs.. Uca and lca... etc... then Justin calls me and says TJ you want more power.. I was like well I just changed my TB to a larger one and was closer to 570 Rwhp with new high flow cats and that.. I was like nah.. Then he offers me a sweet deal I couldn't pass up..so I'm like ok.. He tells me with larger tb I would need larger injectors .. So at first I sell my l&m TB and then I find a deal on injectors and but them do now I'm ln the market for a new tb again.. .. So I buy s used cobra jet per Justin advice... Bring that and the injectors to Justin.. We talk a bit and he says you know you will probably be plenty happy with stock injectors and tb.. So I say ok.. Let's do it with stock tb and injectors (as I have heard and read different stories where the larger injectors became a pain to dial in right) so I said as long as I would be safe lets do it.. Worse case is I had new injectors and larger tb w me.. So we install just the TVS with stock injectors .. Stock tb.. High flow cats and bam 676rwhp 666 torque.. Fuel duty cycles were fine.. Creeped into 90% a couple times but never maxed or danger zone.. So now here I sit and say I'm done ... New wheels most recently...new c&r heat exchanger( which I actually had just never installed until recently). My point is had I known before.. I probably would never had went just the pulley route.. But then again back in 2008 Justin didn't have his TVS yet.. And regular TVS were fetching 5-6k... So I guess I saved money in the long run.. But man that mod bug is contagious ...

Sorry op for going on in your thread.. Welcome again to Shelby club your car is Awesome... By the way your injectors are better too.. No change needed because yours can be tuned better than the 08..,
ok cant help it... Shelby theme song!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W-fIn2QZgg
Old 01-28-2012, 07:30 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lifter583
ok cant help it... Shelby theme song!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W-fIn2QZgg
LOL!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 07:34 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Snakebite64
After 3 years of owning mine I still have stock factory hp and am happy
That truly is cool... Not many can say that...

Oh I forgot that all was just power mods.. Of course there was the hood change.. Interior mods...window louvers .. Etc etc
(insert shaking head here)
Old 01-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Autobahn Shelby

Hey mk70ss, looks like we bought the identical car just two days apart! Except I'm over here in Germany. All the best on your new ride!

Here's my proper intro thread. I'm glad to be aboard!
https://mustangforums.com/forum/new-...r-new-car.html

Old 01-29-2012, 08:13 PM
mk70ss
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Autobahn Shelby
Hey mk70ss, looks like we bought the identical car just two days apart! Except I'm over here in Germany. All the best on your new ride!

Here's my proper intro thread. I'm glad to be aboard!
https://mustangforums.com/forum/new-...r-new-car.html

Congrats on your new Shelby. Hope you can enjoy it as much as I do mine!!!
Old 01-30-2012, 09:37 AM
Autobahn Shelby

Originally Posted by mk70ss
Congrats on your new Shelby. Hope you can enjoy it as much as I do mine!!!

Thanks. I pick the car up on Friday. But then it will have to sit and wait till April 1st before I start driving it. No point driving it in the winter months over here. But you can bet that I'll get a bunch of seat time even if it's just sitting in my garage