Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

How Would You Feel...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 06:10 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cristoff
Personally I applaud anyone that wants to make their car their own unique build - even if that means silly badging, an 8 foot high wing, ect. Some I admire, some I drool over, and some I simply laugh and shake my head at - but I respect everyone who has the desire and guts to be themselves.
If I thought I had done anything to the appearance of the car that disparaged the Shelby mystique, I wouldn't have put the letters on the car. As it sits, I think they're appropriate.

As long as the car isn't misrepresented during a sale, I see no real harm in it.
At the big Mustang Club car show a couple weeks ago, they parked my car amongst the Shelbys, even though I told them it wasn't one. I only got grief from one old guy that just bought a used 2008 GT500, and he said my stripes were faded. I had to tell him that they were the original guardsman blue as opposed to Vista blue like his - he had no idea, even though my car was parked behind an actual '65 GT350 with the same color stripes.

All it is is stroking an ego that apparently needs a bit of a boost.
My ego doesn't need boosting. If I was claiming it was a real Shelby, THAT would be an indication that I need my ego boosted.

The truth will always come out when you "line them up" and the light turns green...
I don't street race, but until Wednesday of this week, nobody seemed interested in a contest. Then I encountered a guy in a Camaro SS that was in front of me that wanted to race, and he slowed down to the point (in heavy lunch-hour traffic no less) that I had to go around him. He kept revving and lurching, and eventually got mad and flipped me off as I was turning into my workplace parking lot, and he took off hard down the street, and almost rear-ended a mini-van in the process. Kids. Sheesh...
Old 11-02-2012, 09:13 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT
It boils down to their 'intent' with the badges. Most of the animosity over fake badging stems from people trying to sell classics that arent as classic as their badges and body work show.
If I was to ever sell the car, I'd take the Shelby lettering off before hand.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:01 AM
Cristoff
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsimmonstx
If I thought I had done anything to the appearance of the car that disparaged the Shelby mystique, I wouldn't have put the letters on the car. As it sits, I think they're appropriate.

At the big Mustang Club car show a couple weeks ago, they parked my car amongst the Shelbys, even though I told them it wasn't one. I only got grief from one old guy that just bought a used 2008 GT500, and he said my stripes were faded. I had to tell him that they were the original guardsman blue as opposed to Vista blue like his - he had no idea, even though my car was parked behind an actual '65 GT350 with the same color stripes.

My ego doesn't need boosting. If I was claiming it was a real Shelby, THAT would be an indication that I need my ego boosted.

I don't street race, but until Wednesday of this week, nobody seemed interested in a contest. Then I encountered a guy in a Camaro SS that was in front of me that wanted to race, and he slowed down to the point (in heavy lunch-hour traffic no less) that I had to go around him. He kept revving and lurching, and eventually got mad and flipped me off as I was turning into my workplace parking lot, and he took off hard down the street, and almost rear-ended a mini-van in the process. Kids. Sheesh...
Those statements were a very generalized synopsis and were not directed to you specifically. Please take no offense to what I said - personally I LOVE what you have done to your ride!
Old 11-02-2012, 11:51 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Those statements were a very generalized synopsis and were not directed to you specifically. Please take no offense to what I said - personally I LOVE what you have done to your ride!
I wasn't offended, I just felt the need to respond.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:01 PM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Congrats on the win OP. As mentioned before, it's your Stang, so do as you please. As long as you're having fun modding your car, that's all that counts.