Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Disturbed by a major Roush dealership

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Default Disturbed by a major Roush dealership

I recently was racing in NC, and on the way back to the Charlotte airport, I stopped into Dale Jarret ford. (I do this every year, to check out their stock) They are a Roush dealer. One thing that disturbed me was the fact that they build their staged Roushes on the premesis. I asked a salesman if he could order me a stage III from Roush. He said that Roush is "out of stage III's, and they were authorized from Roush to build their own stage III's". When they do this, they keep the original gt window sticker, and just tack on a dealer markup sheet. You would maybe thing that their stage III price would be slightly less because of the on site build, but they were in the process of selling one for 61k while I was there. I started poking around at the "stage I and II's' on the floor, checking build quality. I was unimpressed. Some of the body kit pieces did'nt line up properly, and each car varied tremendously. One thing that bothered me was the fact that they were basicly refusing to order a car from Roush for a customer. They said their work was fully warantied from Roush.
Another disturbing thing was that for their stage III's, they weren't even dyno-tuning them. They were getting a reflash from Roush, and just throwing it in and calling it good. Every car has it's own characteristics, and while that stock 'tune' might work for some cars, it WILL NOT be right for others. To top it all off, when the salesman asked me what I drive, and I told him a Saleen, he got perturbed. Im sorry folks, but Im not sure what Roush is coming to. IMO, Roush has some serious dealer related issues. I was very unimpressed. It reinforces my belief that Roush is out there to make a buck first, and take care of the customer second.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:57 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Default RE: Disturbed by a major Roush dealership

Well considering that the ONLY rousch (don't care how it's spelt) stage that receives any performance mods is the Stage III screams to me...Appearance first, then performance.

I don't consider a CAI a real performance mod..at least one I'd spend more than $150 on. What does rousch charge? $200+?

At least Saleens stages have something extra at all stages....

Saleen > Rousch
Old 04-26-2006, 04:30 PM
demarcom
2nd Gear Member

That is some disturbing stuff. I guess they dont serialize their cars like Saleen?
Old 04-26-2006, 04:38 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

That really sucks... I surely hope no one gets ripped off by them and ends up with a poor quality Roush. However, if someone is buying a special mustang such as this, I suppose they know more about them than the average Joe.

Either way, thats not right at all.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: xRockThePonyx

That really sucks... I surely hope no one gets ripped off by them and ends up with a poor quality Roush. However, if someone is buying a special mustang such as this, I suppose they know more about them than the average Joe.

Either way, thats not right at all.

"A fool and his money are soon separated" comes to mind. Not always true. []
Old 04-26-2006, 06:10 PM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Birdieman4
Another disturbing thing was that for their stage III's, they weren't even dyno-tuning them. They were getting a reflash from Roush, and just throwing it in and calling it good.
No different than Saleen.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:26 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

huh?...where's your facts on this...i'm in good with bobueckman ford a saleen dealer,and ever saleen were track tested and had a chassis tune..the one i almost bought had 42miles on it,and that's how i learned where the miles came from...nobody test drives there cars trust me i know.
ORIGINAL: PolkThug

Another disturbing thing was that for their stage III's, they weren't even dyno-tuning them. They were getting a reflash from Roush, and just throwing it in and calling it good.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:29 PM
04Mach1DD
2nd Gear Member

and what does saleen do? 1st off theres no shortage on them. we dont ship to some dealerships so they mok it up as a Roush, even tho they are the ones that built them. they cannot sell them as an actual ROUSH vehicle. and if they are you can buy it, and sue them for somthing as much as a diff. cover. also i dont know how they can build them there. if they are then there only putting on a body kit, and a supercharger. The inside and outside changes. and for your comment about making money first... tell me how much money Saleen gives back to the public. how many events do the sponser, how much is givin away to charity, how many free raceways do they own, and whats the customer service saleen vs roush? answer me those, and while your at it why not post some pics because according to Steve Wilson at dale jarrett ford in Indian trail NC they are not making there own stage 3's
Old 04-26-2006, 06:40 PM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

Not talking about track testing and chassis tune. I'm talking about a custom dyno tune for every S281 SC, you know, A/F, timing, etc.

ORIGINAL: grabbem88

huh?...where's your facts on this...i'm in good with bobueckman ford a saleen dealer,and ever saleen were track tested and had a chassis tune..the one i almost bought had 42miles on it,and that's how i learned where the miles came from...nobody test drives there cars trust me i know.

Old 04-27-2006, 01:05 PM
SAR
1st Gear Member

Not talking about track testing and chassis tune. I'm talking about a custom dyno tune for every S281 SC, you know, A/F, timing, etc.

ORIGINAL: grabbem88

Just to let you know legally the calibration for a OEM street car sold as new on a dealer lot, can not be changed, so dyno tuning every car is not possible. If a car is assembled using the same parts everytime, the tune should never change. Saleen does test drive everycar before it leaves for the dealer, and cars will come with any where from 25 to 200 miles on them ( all the Es get at least 150 miles just like an S7)

Quick Reply: Disturbed by a major Roush dealership