Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Saleen vs. Steeda

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 12:47 AM
carlsmustang

Default Saleen vs. Steeda

Hey everyone. I have a question or two regarding Saleen and Steeda. I'm looking to make a Saleen replica, I was wondering if Steeda had any advantages over Saleen. I'm debating whether or not to go 100% Saleen and try to make as accurate a replica as possible, or if I should mix and match some parts to make the best Mustang possible (wheels, shocks.. small things). Basically this is my long-winded way of asking if Saleen parts can be considered the best, or if I should not worry about going for the 100% accurate Saleen replica and instead mix and match with other "better" parts.

Thanks a lot for your time. Sorry for the confusing question.

Carl

(On a small but related side-note, which are stronger and/or lighter, Steeda Ultra-lite wheels or Saleen wheels? Thanks!)
Old 04-06-2004, 01:20 AM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen vs. Steeda

...even if you do a Saleen replica to 100%, it's still not a Saleen. I'd go with a mix of parts, such as a Steeda tri ax shifter vs. the Saleen shifter. Not that the Saleen shifter is bad; it's quite good. I just think the Steeda shifter is a little better. Suspension wise, I think they are pretty similar. A lot of it comes down to personnal preferance.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:47 PM
SMOKE
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen vs. Steeda

I agree with Birdieman mix matching parts isn't a sin but still doesn't make for a replica.
STATING THE OBVIOUS
If you're going to make a replica, stay 100% with historically correct parts.

I like the STEEDA and SALEEN stuff, but I would say it depends on what you want the finished producted to look like. A SALEEN wannabe or a STEEDA wannabe or the best of both.
Both make great products. I wouldn't say either make the best - but both make good systems.

IMHO:
Body kits - depends on what you like
Suspension- GRIGGs / Max Motorsports
Exhaust - depends on goal/likes
Motor/drivetrain - not going there