Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

my new car

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 05:10 PM
ninja205
3rd Gear Member

Default my new car

finaly after 4 months of waiting, I went to the port and collected my Saleen yesterday
checked it over fully before taking it away and unfortunately some (insert swear word) must have thought the saleen badge on the passenger side wing would look good on his/her bedroom wall as they prised it off with a screwdriver,gouging the paint down to metal in 3 places in the process[:@] no other problems though and am at present in process of arranging another to be sent over, well what a fantastic car! it was a 50mile drive back home and how lush is the engine note/exhaust! didn't bother with the radio as sweet music was coming from the car, it's locked away in the garage now for a couple weeks while the rear clusters are altered +a few other mods are made to make it legal over here in England, am very very impressed with it and its definately a head turner as you drive by people

is there meant to be an owners certificate document or something? if so will i need to contact Saleen for this or will they send it automaticaly?
Old 05-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Jonsey
4th Gear Member

Default RE: my new car

Sorry to hear about the badge. There is always some cowardly jackass who has to wreck what he can't have. You will love the car! How much for a litre of petrol there?
Old 05-18-2006, 06:30 PM
ninja205
3rd Gear Member

a litre of petrol here is between 96 and 99 english pennies which i think is approx $1.82
multiply that by how many you have in a gallon and thats almost as much as we pay, as our english gallon is 4.545 litres
Old 06-03-2006, 08:44 PM
UKSaleen
1st Gear Member

Ninja,

Good to hear the car is worth the wait. I have bought an ex demo 06 S281 S/C and its being sent to the docks this weekend then onto the ship. I have been told around 8 weeks is the shipping time.

What are you having down for SVA?. I am having the fog light fitted below the exhaust tips as far back as they can go. Reverse lights are not required for the SVA so i will leave mine off. The indicators will be in the clear part of the standard tails.

Where abouts in the UK are you?

I did hear a rumour that Saleen visited the UK recently looking for dealerships. Apparently Clive Sutton down South where one of them but Saleen also want to sell the S7 over here but are unsure of the market.
It would be good to have a specific dealer here though especially for the recall stuff.

Kev
Old 06-03-2006, 11:20 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Yes you do have to contact Saleen to get your "certificate of authenticity." This will tell you what # out of what yours is. It will tell you when it was produced,what options your car has, and what dealership it was sent to.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:40 AM
Jonsey
4th Gear Member

There are 3.78 litres per US gallon or $6.88/US Gallon. Make any of the US guys feel better?
Old 06-04-2006, 01:56 AM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

Congrats ninja! Sorry to hear about your badge thief.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:59 PM
ninja205
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: UKSaleen

Ninja,

Good to hear the car is worth the wait. I have bought an ex demo 06 S281 S/C and its being sent to the docks this weekend then onto the ship. I have been told around 8 weeks is the shipping time.

What are you having down for SVA?. I am having the fog light fitted below the exhaust tips as far back as they can go. Reverse lights are not required for the SVA so i will leave mine off. The indicators will be in the clear part of the standard tails.

Where abouts in the UK are you?

I did hear a rumour that Saleen visited the UK recently looking for dealerships. Apparently Clive Sutton down South where one of them but Saleen also want to sell the S7 over here but are unsure of the market.
It would be good to have a specific dealer here though especially for the recall stuff.

Kev
Hi, im in Wiltshire about 20mins from Bath, I heard Clive Sutton was approached.
8 weeks shipping? where is it coming in to over here?
for the SVA i'm having the outside red lens removed and replaced with amber to form the indicators,reversing lights stay as they are and for the test a fog light placed below then moved up to the cluster once through the test, mine is also Vista Blue (the best colour ) be carefull when choosing a company to carry out the work required for the SVA as there are some cowboys about
Old 06-04-2006, 05:24 PM
UKSaleen
1st Gear Member

Got my car from Ron Campbell in Arkansas. not sure which port its going to yet as it is still having the recall stuff done before its signed off.
Whatever dock I pick, Ron has said the car will travel in an enclosed trailer.

I have since heard that it could be 6 weeks so the wait isnt going to be that long but long enough.

Already got a couple of mods to do. Want to fit paintshield to stop stone chips and also want to fit some mesh to the front of the intercooler. Seems strange the two vents either side have nesh but not the main one. Dont fancy getting a stone hit the intercooler.
I have heard from a couple of other guys in the UK who have S281 S/C's. one is in London and one is Yorkshire way.So we still have a way to go before passing another Saleen on the roads. LOL

Kev
Old 06-05-2006, 06:40 PM
ninja205
3rd Gear Member

Norfolk, the company doing the mods for the SVA on mine are located in Norwich

http://www.sigmaautomotive.co.uk/

Quick Reply: my new car