Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

S197 GT w/Saleen SC vs. S197 Roush Stage 3

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 09:17 PM
SMOKE
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: S197 GT w/Saleen SC vs. S197 Roush Stage 3

ORIGINAL: cableguymicah
I will give roush its props, but it is not a better performaning car than saleen IMO
Which is what it boils down to. An opinion.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:29 PM
Jonsey
4th Gear Member

[i]Where do you live?

Why do you want to know where I live. Do you want to come show me what a man you are? Don't waste my time.

We were having a nice discussion about the differences in the blowers and the cars. You have your opinion and it is noted. I have mine and it is noted. I have never e-mailed you or said anything negative towards you. Those who have can speak for themselves. Don't group me in their category.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:33 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

Your right......I agree its opinion when it comes to looks......I think when it comes down to peformance though, it about what has proven to out peform.

I agree that roush/saleen are very similiar cars, but this guy has made some pretty bold statements, like the Saleen puts out more cars than Roush? I dont think that is true. Up till 2005 they never put more than a 1k out or so. As for better suspension and s/c its all about opinion i suppose.

But he works for roush and I own a saleen so it will be a one side arguement.

I would love to see a head to head Rosuh Stage 3 vs a Saleen S/C
Old 06-21-2006, 09:35 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jonsey

[i]Where do you live?

Why do you want to know where I live. Do you want to come show me what a man you are? Don't waste my time.

We were having a nice discussion about the differences in the blowers and the cars. You have your opinion and it is noted. I have mine and it is noted. I have never e-mailed you or said anything negative towards you. Those who have can speak for themselves. Don't group me in their category.

I hope that was not directed toward me.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:17 AM
04Mach1DD
2nd Gear Member

k, ford is putting out about 500 roush stage 3's, wich is the lowest production number yet. i wanted to know where you live so we could race, i think it would be very close. Are you telling me that the roush doesnt weigh less then the saleen?, im not saying that Saleen sucks, i would never do that. the first mustang i ever owned was my fathers, he has the base supercharged one, and thats probly the nicest one i have been in. The last couple threads i have read show me what arrogent a$s holes saleen owners have been on here. I was actually trying to ask somthing..."How much does a stock saleen weigh???/ What have you done to your Performance???" so i could give him some information on it. then all you **** start bitchin. Weight does make a MAJOR issue in racing, look at the older body Cobra/ Saleen/ Roush. Also for the totally stupid comments saying "saleen's got the Extreme--------Now thats better than anything roush is got." in what ways is it better then roush?
Old 06-22-2006, 02:35 AM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

I would love to see a head to head Rosuh Stage 3 vs a Saleen S/C
I'll try to get a video next time, but I will probably lose next time since the Roush owner is dumping the RoushCharger for a Paxton.

The Roush was beautiful, I think its front lip actually sat lower than mine. Only thing I didn't like was the stick-on dash panels.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:37 AM
toolttime
2nd Gear Member

Im totally satisfied with my roush
Old 06-22-2006, 03:37 AM
Jonsey
4th Gear Member

Cable, it was not directed at you but our Roush friend. 04Mach.

Weight does make a difference if it is relatively significant. It also matters if you are discussing road racing or drag racing. Weight plays totallly different roles in each of these.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:02 AM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

Well first off,I doubt saleen put to much more than 500 s/c out in 2006--there is only 1200 saleens out for 2006 (estimate). The reason I said Saleen has extreme and thats better than roush, is because roush is the greatest thing to walk the f***in earth. I suppose you think that because you work for them and you can have your opinion.

A saleen s/c weighs with out driver 3550---which in earlier post i have said more than once but you seem to have a problem reading. I do not know what the Stage 3 roush weighs, but I know its not that much less than a Saleen or that much more. So you are right when you say Weight does make a MAJOR issue in racing, so please don't try to make me look like an idiot when you say that, because I think we all know that jerk off. But in this race Stage 3 vs Saleen s/c ---it is not a issue because were not talking 4000lbs vs 3500lbs. It cant be more than 100lb difference.

I have driven both Roush ans Saleen and IMO the Saleen handles better, had a better ride to it,looks better and peformed better.

Also IMO I think A ROUSH looks boarder line Rice.

I live in Naples Fl so ifyou want to race andyou would like to make the trip down here than come on.....But you better hurry because there is not going to be much left of this Saleen soon, major modding coming.

I think you need to show a little respect---I never started calling names like *** or being a rich a**hole. But I hate to break it to you anyone who buys a Stage 3 roush wil have the same type of yearly income as the person that buys a Roush stage 3---so does that make Roush Stage 3 rich a**holes?
Why don't you go back to sweeping the parking lot at Roush Racing....

and I am out----

Old 06-22-2006, 11:04 AM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

i need to edit the comment above--

Anyone who buys a Stage 3 Roush will have the same yearly income as the person who buys the Saleen S/C

Quick Reply: S197 GT w/Saleen SC vs. S197 Roush Stage 3