Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

MCA 30th Anniversary Stampede - UPDATED w/PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 05:11 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Default MCA 30th Anniversary Stampede - UPDATED w/PICS!

If any of you are planning on going to the Mustang Club of America's 30th Anniversary Stampede in Birmingham, AL over Labor Day weekend, we need you to register by August 11th and specify that you want to be parked in the Saleen Corral Currently we are about a 1/2 dozen cars short of getting this Corral formed, which is dissappointing because all the other specialties (Roush, Steeda, ect..) already have theirs formed [&:]

If you have already registered, but did NOT specify the Saleen Corral please email/call the Registrar and update your registration to include this. You can find the phone number on www.mustang.org and click on the Stampede logo. This won't change your judging classification, it will just get all us Saleen owners parked together

This is a rather large event with 2000+ cars expected, and Steve was in attendance for the 25th Anniversary event, so I've got my fingers crossed that I'll get to meet him at this one!

Hope to see some of you there!
Old 07-22-2006, 03:46 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

Default RE: MCA 30th Anniversary Stampede - Saleen Owners Please Read

Might try to make it.
Old 07-22-2006, 03:50 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

sounds like fun but i dont want to drive my saleen so far
Old 08-01-2006, 12:10 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Just bumping this thread up, as Labor Day weekend is getting closer and it seems we have some Newbies to this section everyday Help us get the Saleen Corral established!!
Old 08-02-2006, 01:09 AM
87saleen197

I'm registered and have been added to the list. I hope we can get these people motivated. if you don't want to drive the Saleen then get a trailer! But get there!
Old 08-28-2006, 12:54 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

This coming weekend - anybody else going? Those of you in FL will need to head up to escape the rain and winds of Ernesto, so why not escape to a Stampede with 1000's of Stangs [8D]

Hey 87Saleen, have you had any more contact with MCA to see if Saleen ever made it up to "Corral" status??

See you this weekend
Old 09-05-2006, 12:32 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Man, what a great weekend event!! There were about 25-30 Saleens in attendance, including a few of us from in here and about 10 Saleen Club of America folks. We signed up a couple new members, and it appears we might even have Saleen on board with their support now after talking extensively with the Easter Regional Manager The Saleen booth looked great, with 3 cars on display. They even had their professional driver giving folks rides around the 2.3 mile road course - at SPEED [8D]

George was invited to display his car in the Vortech tent, along with a White SSC (believe it was an '89). We were successful in getting the Saleen Corral established, so we were all able to park together for the most part and keep cool under our tents - man it was a scorcher. We were treated to a few very rare cars: a 1993 Saleen, a 1993 SA-10, and a 2003 SA-20! After the show on Saturday we rounded up 15 Saleens for a group photo-shoot in the "grassy knoll" that overlooks the track.

All in all it was just a very cool gathering of Saleens, and of course Mustangs in general. 1300+ cars of all varieties. If you EVER have the opportunity to attend a Mustang Event (or any Car Show for that matter) at the Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, I highly recommend it. And spend the money to get to run in the Open Track events, or else you'll be bummed like I was

I took well over 250 pictures, plus a 5 minute video of the Parade Laps we did on Sunday. Give me some time and I'll get some online albums posted here.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Bob D.
2nd Gear Member

sowaxeman, thanks for posting. I would have loved to have gone to this event but was stuck home instead. Please do post those pictures and videos when you can, it would be great for those of us who could not attend to see what we missed. [8D]
Old 09-06-2006, 01:54 AM
87saleen197

All I can add is it definitely was an awesome weekend. Having my Saleen at the Vortech tent definitely made the heat more bearible. The 89 SSC belongs to my friend Randy that will be joing the SCOA shortly. Jason when you get the photos up I can't wait to see them. I hope there is some of yours truely out on the track as well as any taken when we did the car shoot. Thanks to everyone that came and made the weekend a time to remember.
George Gast
SCOA GA. State Rep.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:44 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Ok, here are several pics that are Saleen related. I will get some online albums organized and posted later this week - 255 pictures isn't going to happen overnight

Saleen Group Photo Shoot:

I've got a ton more - not just of Saleens but of all sorts of incredible 'stangs - so check back later this week for the albums

Quick Reply: MCA 30th Anniversary Stampede - UPDATED w/PICS!