Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Team Saleen

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 10:42 AM
DMCBSA1

Default Team Saleen

I'm just curious if I'm getting the same treatment as everyone else with Team Saleen. I joined about 6 weeks ago figuring I could get a letter of authenticity as well as the other goodies they advertise. The decision was made easier when I got 10% off parts that I wanted so I came close to a wash for the membership fee.

6 weeks later I had to cancel my parts order after being told for a 3rd time that my parts that were always "going to be in later that week" were still back ordered. ( I got what I wanted within a week from Haney Motor Sports-Great Job at a better price!)

What I received was a nice coat which I really don't need, especially in this freaking heat, and a sticker for $85. I've left 3 messages for Liz at Saleen asking about the status of the letter or catalogues and haven't received a call back.

Is this normal? I'm sure not seeing an incentive to renew next year.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:58 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Team Saleen

I haven't gotton my stuff yet. Just the jacket and sticker.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:48 PM
ExtremeSaleen
2nd Gear Member

I thought Liz retired. You might be leaving messages on an extension noone is listening to. Liz was always great at getting back to people, so I would try someone else there.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:04 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

First of all, Liz retired so I'm not sure why she would still have a vmail box?! It sounds to me like you are complaining about the jacket, when in fact the Team Saleen website spells out that you will be getting a jacket! So don't sign up if you don't want the jacket [8D]

You don't need to join Team Saleen to get your letter of authentication. Just call and ask for an active person with Team Saleen and register your car with your details and you'll get your letter.

I guess the 10% discount is an incentive to get you to "join" but whats the point really when you can save 5-10% from HMS [&:]

I personally will probably join later this year, because in Indiana I could really use the jacket
Old 08-02-2006, 02:47 PM
nrcollectibles
2nd Gear Member

As I recall, I received a catalog along with my jacket and sticker. Oh ya, I also got a 2 year old magazine and never saw anymore since. You didn't say what year your car is. if it's an 06, you probably won't see any letter until around or after the first of the year. Also, you are to receive the first year of membership in the SOEC (with purchase of car). It's been over a year since I bought my Saleen and they still haven't forwarded the information to the Club. Everything moves at California Saleen time!
Old 08-03-2006, 11:17 AM
DMCBSA1

The receptionist is the one who keeps sending me to Liz's voicemail. I'll ask if there's anyone else who can help. My car is an 02 so I think I also got it registered for the new Saleen book that's coming out when I joined.

Not complaining about the coat, which is actually pretty nice, just not the reason I joined. I'm just curious if there's anything else coming like they mention on their website. Sounds like everyone has received the same package I got so now I know not to be expecting anything else. Thanks!
Old 08-03-2006, 07:31 PM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sowaxeman
First of all, Liz retired
ORIGINAL: DMCBSA1
The receptionist is the one who keeps sending me to Liz's voicemail.
lmao! Sorry, that is just too funny.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:43 PM
tim1200
3rd Gear Member

Yea that is funny, the first time I called I was sent to me Liz's VM too, wonder how close to full that thing is? I still have not heard from the gal yet, but while I wait, I did speak to Pati and she has called me back every time I have left her a message and has done everything she said she would do. Just what you would expect from Saleen.
Tim
Old 08-03-2006, 08:49 PM
dotbomb
3rd Gear Member

I like Patti. She was very thorough and concerned regarding making sure I got my car in for the brake recall. Lots of follow through.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:47 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

Nice car. I just love the way those older Saleen's look.

Quick Reply: Team Saleen