Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Saleen quality control???

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 12:25 AM
Nitehawk422
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen quality control???

The rumor on the streets is yes the new badge is metal and stays on alot better, but I yet to confirm this. My badge is slowly pealing I am just beyond the one year mark of ownership, and I think the problem is based on heat cycles not necessary the glue. Basically the old badge stretches and contracts under heat, therefore it begins to lift over time. I think a metal badge might be the trick if the rumor is true.

Cheers!
Old 11-02-2006, 12:44 AM
elburrito99
3rd Gear Member

I know I'll regret posting this, but no problems so far. Mine has 3,500 miles on her. My Saleen's not supposed to be my daily driver, but it's been warm and dry for the past few weeks so I can't help but drive her into work each day with the top down.

As for cash problems, I had heard from someone on the inside that a private equity firm had invested heavily in Saleen and solved its cash flow problems (thus no more bounced checks to vendors and employees). I could be mistaken. But hey, most of us have voided our Saleen warranties with mods anyway, right? And if '07 WERE the last year of Saleen (heaven forbid), then we'd really have some collectors on our hands, huh? Just a thought...

Also, I have to agree with ncponygirl's comment ("If you want a factory-made car with most of the production kinks worked out, get a car that they made millions of last year"). I have a few friends who own extremely low production vehicles (mostly overpriced British and Italian jobs), and they deal with just as many if not more problems than what I read about on these boards. Of course, they get far better service from the dealership and really, really nice loaner cars, but they also paid 2 to 4x what our Saleens cost. I'll take my Saleen with her imperfections here and there if it means I don't have to drive an equally fast (but painfully soulless and boring) Porsche, Vette, or BMW. Of course, I know it's easy for me to say this since I have not had to deal with endless repairs and/or clueless dealers, as many of you unfortunately have.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:49 AM
ncponygirl
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: elburrito99
I'll take my Saleen with her imperfections here and there if it means I don't have to drive an equally fast (but painfully soulless and boring) Porsche, Vette, or BMW.
[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Cheers!
Old 11-02-2006, 01:50 AM
Jonsey
4th Gear Member

Finally, some sanity on this subject. Our cars may be imperfect in a strict sense but that IS perfection to me. If everything was perfect life would be a bore.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:54 AM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jonsey

Finally, some sanity on this subject. Our cars may be imperfect in a strict sense but that IS perfection to me. If everything was perfect life would be a bore.
Spoken like someone whose car has spent more time on the road than in the shop!
Old 11-02-2006, 02:07 AM
Jonsey
4th Gear Member

I have 2056 miles on the car (1000 put on in the first month) so you would be incorrect. It has had more time under the car cover in the garage.[8D]
Old 11-02-2006, 02:13 AM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

Touche Jonsey. Can I keep my car in your garage? I'd rather it be there than in the dealer's.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:50 AM
06SALEEN1246
1st Gear Member

I'll be glad when I can park my Saleen in my garage...lol...I got to for 3 weeks
Old 11-02-2006, 01:21 PM
unclemilti
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06SALEEN1246

I'll be glad when I can park my Saleen in my garage...lol...I got to for 3 weeks

Are you getting a vented hood installed, and the wing re-painted, right?

Whats taking so long??
Old 11-02-2006, 01:38 PM
06SALEEN1246
1st Gear Member

Everything is ready to go as soon as I get the corner piece in from Saleen...and the paint shop can paint it....It had a poor patch job on the inside from the factory from when it was put on...It made it stick out off the car leaving a big gap...They were suppose to ship the new piece this week...My dealership kept the damaged part or I could be driving my car right now...

Quick Reply: Saleen quality control???