Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

New Saleen Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 12:24 PM
mills281e
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New Saleen Owner!

Im new to the whole Ford/American Car scene.. It seems fords get a bad rep for breaking down and stuff.. Is it the cars or just people not doing regular maintaince to take care of them?
Most of what I've seen (Mustangs and Fords in general) as far as problems go are computer related. Maybe Ford is a little behind in this area compared to other manufacturers. But,I have daily-driverCobra with 78,000 miles on it and not one problem and I know too many people with Mustangs that have a ton of miles on them with minimal problems.

Congrats on the Saleen.....you will enjoy it!
Old 02-24-2007, 03:23 PM
zoomo6
1st Gear Member

Welcome and enjoy your car.I just bought an o6 sc 281 Black vertand I love it. Unfortunately I live in PortlandOr and it has been raining so I have to wait a while beforeI can take her out.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:59 PM
SaleenPowered

alright good as long as it will be a reliable daily driver thats awesome... Also the hood thats on there now i dont like at all! I like the extreme hood or the cobra one but would that be like downgrading it or not keeping it original? Where can i get an 351 extreme hood?
Old 02-24-2007, 06:47 PM
Tas
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SaleenPowered

alright good as long as it will be a reliable daily driver thats awesome... Also the hood thats on there now i dont like at all! I like the extreme hood or the cobra one but would that be like downgrading it or not keeping it original? Where can i get an 351 extreme hood?
originality can be a sticky issue I got mine with 3000 miles so its all stock. I haven't changed a thing on it and am leaning on the side of not changing anything. I already have a '67 mustang coupe and a '89 Jeep I can mod the hell out of.If you do change things you might want to store the original partfor the future.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:56 PM
SaleenPowered

ya i would keep all the stock parts..

Old 02-25-2007, 02:06 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

Could just get the hood you like and storage the original. Wrap it up really good and if you ever want to go back you could just swap the hoods.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:50 PM
SaleenPowered

where do they sell these hoods? would i have to buy from the dealer or do they make Replica's??
Old 02-25-2007, 11:37 PM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

Could try ebay from time to time. Saleen might have some left but I'm sure they would be expensive.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:03 AM
jsaleen004
1st Gear Member

i have an 04 sc with c/a intake, long tubes,and SCT tune and came upwith 390 give or take on the weather....

hey eviligloo what didthe chicane pulley do for you??? i was trying to get it from them but they were IMPOSSIBLE to deal with literally every time i called no one answered and when they finally did i was talking toasomone in a shop under some car with all the air wrench noises and what not. it was ridiculous. how did you contact them. and did you notneedinjectors as well as the pump/filter??
Old 02-26-2007, 09:53 AM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

haven't done it yet because of the weather. i'm getting it baselined as soon as all this snow clears the east coast and then get everything done. I'll be sure to post all the details for everyone (I know a couple people are waiting until I get it done to see whatthe gain is).

When you upgrade the pulley, I think you just need the fuel filter (SVT focus) but not the injectors.

Regarding Chicane, I've had the same problem. I've called at least 5x to ask questions and every time they have a voicemail that picks up after 1 ring. I've left my information a couple times and never gotten a call back.

When I get the pulley I'mprobably going to getit from Haney Motorsports. I PM'd Casey and he has both the chicane pulley kit as well as the SVT Focus pump.

Quick Reply: New Saleen Owner!