Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Looking for a awesome Supercharger for my Saleen. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 06:13 PM
drewciouS281

Default Looking for a awesome Supercharger for my Saleen. Help!

Im a new owner of a 2000 Saleen S281. I must say i love these freaking cars!!! i was usually a big Stealth/3000gt TT fan but when i got behind this beast, there is no comparison!! anyway the problem is that my car came stock supercharged but the previous owner removed the supercharger to upgrade the car for a turbo kit. He rebuilt the engine. Put in Manley heads, X-pipe no cats, Suspension job, cold air, and a ton of other little mods so i basically can just bolt on the turbo kit with no upgrades needed. It is ready to go. I realized i dont want to put a turbo kit because of the damage ihave heard they can do. I want this car to be a good reliable daily driver as well as one than can get it if need be. Here in Albuquerque NM there are alot of souped up stangs so i wanna be able to hang with the best of em. What kind of supercharger do you all recommend? i was looking at which is better. The Centifrugal supercharger or the roots. Can you guys please help me with which one is better and where to get one for a reasonable price. And even other upgrades if i need. I read into the Whipple Supercharger and it sounds like the best of both worlds but unfortunately when i called to get a price quote they do not have one for my car. Please Help!!!! Thanks

Drewcious

[IMG]local://upfiles/62153/98931E683E5F45FA97F7EB5D0EC9FD2F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-27-2007, 06:48 PM
Tmack
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Looking for a awesome Supercharger for my Saleen. Help!

Personally, I would not go with a centrifugal supercharger or the roots. I would go with a twin screw. It is similar to the roots. Kenne Bell and Whipple sell the best for that year of stang in my opinion.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:52 PM
drewciouS281

Thanks Tmack but I spoke and emailed recently people from whipple and they dont make one for my year of saleens... or do they. If so do you have a link?
Old 02-27-2007, 07:04 PM
Tmack
2nd Gear Member

I didn't know that about Whipple. Did you try Kenne Bell? They make two models for the 99-04 mustang GTs. Here is a link to their competition model. It is capable of producing 20psi @ 682hp. It requires a raised hood and it looks like you already have one. http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...t99-04_26L.htm
Old 02-27-2007, 07:38 PM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tmack

Personally, I would not go with a centrifugal supercharger or the roots. I would go with a twin screw. It is similar to the roots. Kenne Bell and Whipple sell the best for that year of stang in my opinion.
Kenne Bell is what a lot of the Cobra guys I know go with. Lots of power.I don't know that I really like the supercharger whine from that one. (personal opinion...but i'm sure that it's not shared by others.)
Old 02-28-2007, 12:26 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

Definitely do twin screw. Kenne Bell would be a good choice.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:54 AM
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer

Score 1 for centrifugal... they make for fast(er) cars.. I know twin screws can be fast, but centris do it cheaper, better and faster through every level... twins are more fun and can be sick fast - but really to hang with turbo guys, you gonna have to spray it anyway and the centri will win up top, so with a 4.10, centri and spray... I think its a winning combo, but anyway setup can be fast with the right setup - so pick what fits your driving style and goals... love to burn rubber - twin screw. wanna hook up easier - centri.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:09 AM
jsaleen004
1st Gear Member

+1

BUT my opinion, just to confuse you more if your not a fan of nitrous (like i) Twin Turbo would be the way to go, it will all be worth it in the end and even though you MIGHT not be able to keep up with all the mustangs who do spray you'll have raw power, and if you have that who cares about nos. i know you said you didn't want to spend money but....patience is a virtue.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:11 AM
jsaleen004
1st Gear Member

oh and about the damage....just keep the boost low for the everyday...simple. but that also goes along with keeping the kit simple too. the more parts you have the more it is to keep up with.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:08 AM
drewciouS281

sweet!!!!! Thanks everyone for the info. I looked at some of the Kenney Bell Twin Screws and its sounds like a winner to me. Its just a matter of Dollars now... What other sort of upgrades should i need for the Twin Screw to run efficiently?