Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Saleeeeeeeen RULES!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 05:32 AM
Tony Montana87

Default Saleeeeeeeen RULES!!!!!!

<FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=2>Alright people im 16, and i just joined this site 2day.</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial size=2>Ive got some questions about saleen. I want to know where i can buy 1 a 2003 S281 i dont know if i should get a S281-E i think thats the 1 that cost 35k. Lol naw thats waaaaaaaaaay to much for me. But i want a Supercharged 1 Red, or silber, 18 inch rims, prefebly Spinners Chrome, Convertible.</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial size=2>Im thinking ill spend about 37-38K thats the price for it on the www.saleen.com</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial size=2>I want to know some things about u saleen owners, compared to SVT Cobras and GT's how much better is it. I knwo performance wise its a Killer, but durability, insurance cost, car cost, maintance cost ect.</FONT></P>

Can i ask where did u guys buy your Saleen, did u guys go to the Dealers and find 1. I live in Souther California Riverside California, i really really want a Saleen im 16 so im wishing and praying for christmas lol or my b-day hopefully, but i wanna know if its worth it or would a SVT b more suitible.</P>

Do you guys really just drive da limit? lol im hoping the answers know lol</P>

Well man i love saleen ive always wanted 1.</P>
Old 08-12-2003, 04:23 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Um...how about a Honda Civic

WTF, you're 16 and hoping for a Saleen...how rich are your parents!
Old 08-12-2003, 04:50 PM
V6BeAsT

hmm well im 15 and i got a nifty 97 red v6 with stock rims...and u know what im pretty damn happy with that. jus wondering if you were plannin on actually driven something as badass as a saleen to school. i dont know bout So Cal but up in Nor Cal a Saleen wouldnt last one day in a high school parking lot.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:09 PM
Pyrro

I've heard that Saleens SUCK! or at least their customer service sucks. As for the S281E...those run over $60K and will still get it's *** handed to it by a bolt-on 03 Cobra costing $34K + $2k in mods. The S281 is just a GT with make up on and very minimal HP gains. Handling is much improved though. </P>

I hope you've been saving for insurance payments on top of the cost of the car. That is, if you dont kill yourself first. Good luck</P><edited><editID>Pyrro</editID><editDate>37845.6330092593</editDate></edited>
Old 08-12-2003, 06:09 PM
Jugador1
I ♥ Acer

yeah i was gonna say...u plan on living to drive it more than a week? get a nice sixer saleenand throw some spinners on it. also, roush's sure is pretty too. and they sixers dont cost much at all.
Old 08-12-2003, 06:44 PM
Tony Montana87

Whats Roush? Ya im getting a Sixer, i know how to drive Stick but not fully masterd it yet you know. Is there a significant diffrence in performance and handling from the 03's and older modles? like 99 or 00 or 97? Can a stock03 Cobra really beata stock Coupe/converitble S281? ya im planning on driving it to school but of course im getting full coverage, bumper to bumper , sound alarm system, locking mechanism, the metal thing that gose along the steerrin wheel, and this other 1 that locks onto your brake that is really really good.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:01 PM
Pyrro

Originally Posted by Tony Montana87
Whats Roush? Ya im getting a Sixer, i know how to drive Stick but not fully masterd it yet you know. Is there a significant diffrence in performance and handling from the 03's and older modles? like 99 or 00 or 97? Can a stock03 Cobra really beata stock Coupe/converitble S281? ya im planning on driving it to school but of course im getting full coverage, bumper to bumper , sound alarm system, locking mechanism, the metal thing that gose along the steerrin wheel, and this other 1 that locks onto your brake that is really really good.
</P>

This is my 3rd Cobra. I previously had a 95 Cobra and a 97 Cobra and the03 handles much better than those did. I was surprised since the 03 is much heavier butin order to compensate for the weight, SVT incorporated much better Bilstein shocks andhigher rate springs. I'm not sure if it handles better than a Saleen but lowering springs from Eibach, FRPP, or H&amp;Rgo for under$300 which should even things up a bit. If youget a coil-over set up on an 03,the Saleen is definitely toast unless you're talking about a S281E! That would be a good race.</P>
Old 08-12-2003, 07:23 PM
V6BeAsT

Roush is another one of those companies that supe up stangs and resell i dont think there as expensive or hard to find as saleen but of course there not goin to be as fast a saleen off the lot. lol last week of school our seniors went to Disneyland some guys thought it be ok to leave there cars on campus over night. one guy had his set of 20's stolenand his s10 left on cinderblocks. another guy had his ricer pretty much stripped but hey they left there cars over nite
Old 08-12-2003, 08:05 PM
Tony Montana87

Ya i wouldnt leave my car over night or outside, i have a garage, so id leave it in there, plus id get the locks for the rims, thats is a definate nessicity. And i would get insurance on them.
Old 08-12-2003, 08:19 PM
EvilKenevil
2nd Gear Member

Did he say he wanted those rims that keep spinning after you stop?</P>

~cough~ rice... What?...</P>

Quick Reply: Saleeeeeeeen RULES!!!!!!