Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

06+ Extreme Owners ...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 11:53 AM
sam the jeep man
1st Gear Member

Default RE: 06+ Extreme Owners ...

i usually sit back every few nights and read the new posts on this great forum.
while reading them, i sometimes laugh, shake my head,andstill get really angry when when i have to think about what i went through with my #003 extreme.
now that good people like "say when & amy" have brought up my name, i might as well chime in !!
i don't have all the answers you are looking for, pertaining to what you should do with your extreme(lemon-sell-burn-buy back).
all i can say is that saleen is doing their best to rebuild their good name.
the person i had the most dealings with when i had my problems was mike simmons(vp operations).
my case was different then yours, i already had a gt, a pj on order and they knew i was thinking about orderinga 07 S7.
it took alot of hard work, but i got them to buy mine back. once you involve a blood sucking attorney, saleen can not raise a finger to help you, it is now in the hands of the lawyers !!!!
as in db's case, it could take up to two years to get a resolve.
i have recieved countless letters from other extreme and sc owners with problems. i have sent these letters to mike simmons, and i know for a fact that each and everyone of those letters was addressed by him and as far as i know all the problems in the letters were resolved to the owners satisfaction.
i speak to mike every few weeks, and he has been asking me for input as to have a better public image(especially on the forums). so i really think they are trying.
below is mikes personal email address. if you have a legit problem, mail him with your concerns. he apparently puts his pants on just like us and he will make it right.
i have no loyality or deals with saleen, but i'm trying to help you guys out, because i know what i went through. maybe this will keep you from having 90% of the aggravation i had experienced.
good luck and let me know how you make out
a concerned friend.

sam
ps--i'm soo convinced that saleen is getting back to their roots, that i will probably be ordering my 2008 S7 next march !!!!!

MSimmons@Saleen.com

Old 06-20-2007, 12:17 PM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

Awesome on all counts, Sam. Great advice, sound wisdom and potentially a new S7 on the way! You've got it all, my friend. Thank you for chiming in. If Saleen is learning from their mistakes, hopefully no one else will have to go through what you did.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Chuckdoc
3rd Gear Member

Awesome report, Sam. I think you probably had a better approach than others, and it paid off. I have been down on other's post about issues in the past becuase in some cases they already had lawyers involved and they had their agenda already set.As you stated, at that point it's too late to expect good service. In my profession waving attorneys around doesn't get a good response, although I admit there comes a time when that is truly your last recourse. In your case, luckily you have salvaged the relationship with Saleen, and it sounds like you're helping others get their issues resolved as well.

Good work.

Chuck
Old 06-20-2007, 05:18 PM
abbas
3rd Gear Member

Sam The Jeep Man - You should tell Mike Simmons to join the forum as Billy Tally did. It would be really nice to have another Saleen representative here.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:35 PM
walc
2nd Gear Member

If I understand correctly, the way to get Saleen to live up to the warranty, on your $75,000 car, is to tell them you're going to buy their $600,000 car. [sm=wtf.gif]
Old 06-20-2007, 09:17 PM
Say When
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: walc

If I understand correctly, the way to get Saleen to live up to the warranty, on your $75,000 car, is to tell them you're going to buy their $600,000 car. [sm=wtf.gif]

HA haa ha ha ha ha. Frikin A!

I agree with Chuck. I hated seeing that other thread rear it's ugly head again and again.

I think they built only a couple of dozen "E" cars for 06 right? Maybe a few more? If I was someone at Saleen with a teenie bit of power I would make EVERY customer with an "E" car feel like they bought a suite at the Ritz and give the warranty issues on those cars the utmost service right out of the gate. These are the guys that **** the most on the net and I don't blame them. Fortunately for me I never had a single issue with my 06 S281 supercharged while I owned it.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:17 PM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: saleen281eguy
andsomething near theflywheel makes loud grinding noises under load.
Check to see if the two bolts are missing from the bottom of your bellhousing!
Old 06-25-2007, 09:11 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

I'm pretty sure they built more than a couple dozen..I've seen 3 figure numbered E cars at my local dealer. I thought I read 150'ish on hear earlier in the year.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:20 AM
abbas
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sowaxeman

I'm pretty sure they built more than a couple dozen..I've seen 3 figure numbered E cars at my local dealer. I thought I read 150'ish on hear earlier in the year.
I believe the number is 162 with the first 10 being prototypes/press cars. Mine is number 158.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:40 PM
unclemilti
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: abbas

ORIGINAL: sowaxeman

I believe the number is 162 with the first 10 being prototypes/press cars. Mine is number 158.
Well, lets be realistic- does anyone truly believe a company that can't get body panels and assorted hardware to fit and function properly, plus have a high employee turnover ratio-that they can ACTUALLY dissasemble a motor and put it back together without a hitch?

I don't.

Quick Reply: 06+ Extreme Owners ...