Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Securing trunk items

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 01:04 PM
dramsey
2nd Gear Member

Default Securing trunk items

How do you guys and girls secure items, like the mandatory Saleen compressor, in your trunks?

The thin trunk lining seems scant protection against items slamming around in spirited cornering, possibly providing you with a nice new inside-out dent in your rear quarter panel.

I was thinking about using Dynamat or something similar under the trunk lining, and keeping items in a padded bag. But surely this has come up before...
Old 07-12-2007, 01:21 PM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Securing trunk items

I secured items in my trunk by putting a Kicker Solobaric sub in the back and thus minimizing the distance that items can move around during spirited driving.

Of course...that also minimized the space I have to store things that could slide around in the trunk. So it fixed two problems.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:27 PM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

I keep everything (maps, extra cds, lug wrench, front license plate, etc.) in a padded flat bag in the trunk. Only item left loose is my saddle, which only goes in the trunk on riding days (which as a result are not cornering days!)
Old 07-12-2007, 01:45 PM
dotbomb
3rd Gear Member

*patiently awaiting jazzer's witty e-relationship saddle reply... *

I don't secure a thing. My plastic disposable gloves are strewn about the trunk along with my compressor etc. If it can't hang on I have no mercy... though now that I think of it maybe I should do something...
Old 07-12-2007, 01:48 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Um, what compressor are you guys referring to - I don't have any sort of Saleen compressor [&:]
Old 07-12-2007, 01:53 PM
dotbomb
3rd Gear Member

Those of us with the upgraded brakes got a compressor since our spare doesn't fit over the calipers.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:57 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Ah, I see. Does it say Saleen on it anywhere or is it the typical cigarette lighter compressor that you can get at Walmart?

Also, with these tires if you go flat isn't it pretty much detrimental - rendering a compressor worthless [&:] About the only thing I can figure is if somebody lets the air out as a joke.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:30 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: dotbomb

Those of us with the upgraded brakes got a compressor since our spare doesn't fit over the calipers.
I don't have the 15" 6 piston brakes with 20" wheels, but rather 13" 4 piston brakes on 18" wheels. I had to get a 1.25" aluminum spacer with extra long lugs and a Cobra spare tire soit could clear my brakesin the event ofa flat. Consequently, should I get a rear flat, I need tothen install the front tire on the rear, and place the spare on front. That way, I will not have the diameter differential causing probs with rear-end gears. With that said, I am with Jason and hope that if you have a flat, may it be a slow leak and compressor will work for you

Jazzer on breakin' (NOT the things you shouldn't try)

Ok, mills. I am going waaaaaaaaaaay old school on that one, give it your best shot

As for a witty Jazzer reference to aforementioned "saddle" and or "riding" with said items as well as any reference to a horse or Jazzer in the same sentence is purely coincidental. Amy knows the haps and understands The Jazzers predicament. XOXO
Old 07-12-2007, 04:10 PM
mills281e
4th Gear Member

I actually had a reply the two times prior to entering this[:'(]......anybody else having problems posting on the forum recently???
Old 07-12-2007, 04:55 PM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mills281e

I actually had a reply the two times prior to entering this[:'(]......anybody else having problems posting on the forum recently???
I've had a few posts "disappear" and I find the site is slower than molasses in winter! They may have moved servers, but it seems to have had a negative effect...

Just my .02 bytes...

Quick Reply: Securing trunk items