Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Rainbow Paint Saleen?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 04:11 AM
thcarpen
2nd Gear Member

Default Rainbow Paint Saleen?

How many Rainbow paint saleens were made for the new body style because there is a guy in my town of Peoria, IL that has one and was real curious about how many their are since I havent had a chance to catch him yet haha. I thought there was only one in 2005, but wasnt sure besides that year.And talk about a story behindhis car, as ifit isnt rare enough, the guy at the dealership said he got hit within the first couple days of buying it and had to have it shipped back to Saleen in California to have the whole car repainted at $18,000.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:17 AM
thcarpen
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Rainbow Paint Saleen?

Also this has nothing to do with the main question, but what do all your guys/gals clean your chrome rims with? Because mine are hell to clean
Old 07-26-2007, 06:38 AM
06SaleenX
3rd Gear Member

i use chrome wheel cleaner on the backs , once a month take the wheels off an do each one.. the fronts never get dirty, i just dust them off after each drive with alittle detail spray
Old 07-26-2007, 12:44 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thcarpen

Also this has nothing to do with the main question, but what do all your guys/gals clean your chrome rims with? Because mine are hell to clean
I just spray them with the hose to get them wet, then I scrub them with the microfiber mit that has been soaked in the car cleaning solution, then hose the soap off. Then I take some auto towels and drive them with that. It works very well, look at the pics of my wheels in my thread "here she is"
Old 07-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Saleen05797
4th Gear Member

06, thats good for every now and then but I recommend EVERYONE, atleast 6 times a year, use some kind of chrome polish. It's good for the chrome, just like polish and wax are for your car. It adds a protective layer on your rims and makes them look even better than washing with just soap...
Old 07-26-2007, 01:36 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Saleen05797

06, thats good for every now and then but I recommend EVERYONE, atleast 6 times a year, use some kind of chrome polish. It's good for the chrome, just like polish and wax are for your car. It adds a protective layer on your rims and makes them look even better than washing with just soap...
No, I tried chrome polish...it made the shine deeper and it didnt shine like it used to...I didnt like it at all...gave it a deep shine rather than a "shiny" shine...didnt do a good job in explaining that but you get the idea
Old 07-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Saleen05797
4th Gear Member

Hmmm what kind of chrome polish are you using? I've had better results with using either Mother's or Turtle Wax chrome polish then with just using soap and water
Old 07-26-2007, 02:39 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Saleen05797

Hmmm what kind of chrome polish are you using? I've had better results with using either Mother's or Turtle Wax chrome polish then with just using soap and water
I dont remember...it just said chrome and stainless steal polish on the can...
Old 07-26-2007, 04:06 PM
06S281
2nd Gear Member

I haved used just windex on my wheels and that worked just fine...I have also used E Z Wax in the spray can...Other than that I have also used the Mother's, I think aluminum and chrome polish..It comes in a little tin jar..That works pretty good...
Old 07-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Bob D.
2nd Gear Member

Just my $.02, but becareful putting anything on the chrome wheels because some "polish" or "cleaner"products willput fine scratches on the chrome finish before you realize what's happening.I use nothing but a littlehigh-quality car wash mixed withwater, and a very soft towel, to clean them, then rinse well.

To protect them and make them shine without risk of scratching, I have been extremely pleased withPoorboy's wheel sealant and microfiber towels from www.obsessivedetail.com. Once I used it the shine increased quite a bit and dust and dirt seem to be repelled more--the wheels don't get as dirty. I think Obsessive Detail Wheel Seal is whatis currently being offered on that site rather than the similar Poorboy's product, butbased on experience I would trustanything from Obsessive Detail.

Good luck, IMHO chrome wheels are a real boost to the appearance of our cars, and are worthtreating right.

Quick Reply: Rainbow Paint Saleen?