Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Can we buy extneded warrantys?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 05:01 PM
Tas
2nd Gear Member

Default Can we buy extneded warrantys?

my 04 doesn't even have 5000 miles on it. Can I buy an extened warranty from Ford? I think my AC compressor is bad too.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:14 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Default RE: Can we buy extneded warrantys?

Yes you can, but I think it is too late [&:] You have to buy and extended warranty from the dealer prior to your factory warrany ends. I have been getting my "hurry before it ends" notices from my dealer....my '05 factory warranty is up in March so I would assume yours is already up [&:]
Old 08-29-2007, 05:19 PM
Tas
2nd Gear Member

that would suck.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:31 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

I have recieved NO LESS than8FINAL NOTICE warranty extension purchase options by some company that WANTS me to think they are Ford factory, but clearly are not. Each time morecapital wordsand in bold font with different color each time. I guess this way, they can keep track of how manyFINAL NOTICE post-cardsI have been sent. I think I SHOULD TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS FINAL NOTICE before I need repairs. AFTER ALL MY CAR MAY NEED A NEW PART AND I WILL NOT BE COVERED!

That makes me think, I hope I get another FINAL NOTICE soon, I just may need it!

Old 08-30-2007, 12:25 AM
elburrito99
3rd Gear Member

I've asked 2 Saleen dealers and both said no.

Anyone knowifextended warranties available on the sc cars as well?
Old 08-30-2007, 12:49 AM
pacettr
1st Gear Member

We offer three different "brand" of warranties (nee service agreements) including Ford ESP and NONE of the three are available for Saleen or Roush.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:10 AM
dvf1973
2nd Gear Member

huh, i got a 100k or 6yr warranty covering every single little thing on my roush, they do every bit of maintinance for free for 6 years down to the tires, wipers everything...i dont care to discuss how much extra this deal cost me as im still bleeding outta my soul but it really was a piece of mind, and after the 6 years is up i am covered for the life of the vehicle wit only a hundred dollar deductable, so yeah i guess that was very extended?
Old 08-30-2007, 07:53 AM
smoothy
2nd Gear Member

dvf, I shudder to think how much you paid. Theres a salesman somewhere whose 3 kids are going to private school thanks to your generosity

You can get third party warranties for extended periods (at least I can here in Canada) but they are very expensive and they have very tight regulations (eg. change oil every 3000 km, if you miss a change by more than 100km they won't cover any mechanical engineproblems)
Old 08-30-2007, 08:17 AM
4 CRUZEN

ORIGINAL: Tas

my 04 doesn't even have 5000 miles on it. Can I buy an extened warranty from Ford? I think my AC compressor is bad too.
You do have to purchase it prior to the factory warrenty expiring. My 04 is warrenteed until 2011, 50,000 miles $1100 Canadian. Just purchased it in June/07.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:52 AM
elburrito99
3rd Gear Member

So nothing on extended warranties for sc Saleens?

Would someone who has received an offer for a Saleen warranty extension mind sending mea PM with the offering company's contact info? I'd like to look into this a bit further to see if anything is available for an sc car, since I plan on keeping my ride for a long, long while...

Quick Reply: Can we buy extneded warrantys?