Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

The VIXN vs. Fort Ross twistys! (new vid host)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 08:37 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Default The VIXN vs. Fort Ross twistys! (new vid host)

Well, just got back from a nice little trip of my ol' stand-by.....HWY 1 [sm=happy046.gif]

Took a little vid this time as I had camera on board. This is my FAVE stretch about 1 mile or so before you reach Fort Ross going North. Ended up spending the night in Fort Bragg and heading back to HWY 101 via HWY 20. This is a WONDERFUL road that has many, many, many turnouts for pesky slow drivers. Too bad the Ford Ranger was A COMPETE COLLECTIVE IDIOT AND IGNOREDTHE FOUR CARS BEHINDHIM FOR20 MILES [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Fort Ross twistys vid on Streetfire (better quality)

Ok, I am over it now!

Jazzer the frustratedcat

EDIT: Boy, the quality REALLY suffers from original. Any ideas how to post somewhere with quality of my actual vid?
Old 09-03-2007, 08:48 PM
dotbomb
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: The VIXN vs. Fort Ross twistys!

Nice vid. Youtube converts your video to flash video which uses the sorenson park compression algorithm. There are all sorts of tips/tricks you can do to get your video ready for youtube but the bottom line is moving video with a lot of colors will always become super pixelated. I gave up trying to use youtube for my video and I just convert straight to flash on my own.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:05 PM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

nice!

car vids ---> streetfire.net
Old 09-03-2007, 09:16 PM
slammer1
2nd Gear Member

Cool cool cool
Old 09-04-2007, 07:52 AM
04#231SC
3rd Gear Member

Very Nice Jazzer, even though I own one of these I still love to hear how other sound. Your's sounds great. Did you get it on it hard at all on those twistys?
Old 09-04-2007, 08:03 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Thanks pepes

I will see about loading on Streetfire and hopefully have better quality. To answer 04, I was in 3rd pretty much the whole time and probably about 45 to 50 MPH. I hit 4th for a very short time and into 2nd at the hard left at the end because I could hear some tire squealing. This is unusual, but I figured out why later that day. Appearantly, my pass. front tire has an alignment issue and worn MUCH more than passenger. Car seems to pull ever so slightly to the right, so will have to check it out this week.

Fort Ross twistys vid on streetfire (MUCH better quality)

Thanks for nice comments and will post some alternate location and see if quality improves.

The Jaz
Old 09-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Chuckdoc
3rd Gear Member

That's awesome Jazz,

Reminds me of my autocross days and mounting cameras in my car. If you have a tripod for your camera, try securing it with bungie cords, tape, whatever. A tripod mount is SO much better than a shaky passenger, IMHO. You can also get it up closer to the roof and looking down, to show more of the driver's point of view.

I may get mine mounted in the PJ and do a Spavinaw run now that I saw this again!

Thanks and keep 'em coming!

Chuck
Old 09-04-2007, 04:16 PM
mills281e
4th Gear Member

Good stuff! At first, I thought a cop was pulled off the side of the road toward the end of the video [:'(](Homer Simpson.....Doh! would have worked better).