Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Help! supercharger question

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 05:13 PM
emkstang

Default Help! supercharger question

I bought a 2003 Saleen new from the dealership. The engine blew while it was under warranty and Saleen is now refusing to cover it because they claim the supercharger pulley was removed (and therefore theoretically an underdrive pulley could have been installed causing the damage). Apparently, they believe the pulley was tampered with because there is a tamper-proof seal they put on the pulley bolt like a marker. I have never removed the pulley or tampered with it and since I have owned the vehicle I have never even noticed this seal. I am wondering whether this is some scam to refuse my warranty repairs. Does anyone know about this tamper-proof seal or marker that is on the supercharger pulley? What does it look like and what is it made of (i.e. is it like glue or nail polish)? Has anyone else had this seal fall off without tampering with the pulley? Any help would be appreciated!
Old 03-04-2005, 06:13 PM
iluv2gofast
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Help! supercharger question

My 01' Saleen has a purple glob of what looks like glue on the end of the pulley shaft. The glob is on the shaft threads and the pulley nut. It is placed so if the nut is turned on the thread, it will cause a break in the glob, thus showing the possibility of the pulley being removed.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:34 AM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

I bought a 2003 Saleen new from the dealership. The engine blew while it was under warranty and Saleen is now refusing to cover it because they claim the supercharger pulley was removed (and therefore theoretically an underdrive pulley could have been installed causing the damage). Apparently, they believe the pulley was tampered with because there is a tamper-proof seal they put on the pulley bolt like a marker. I have never removed the pulley or tampered with it and since I have owned the vehicle I have never even noticed this seal. I am wondering whether this is some scam to refuse my warranty repairs. Does anyone know about this tamper-proof seal or marker that is on the supercharger pulley? What does it look like and what is it made of (i.e. is it like glue or nail polish)? Has anyone else had this seal fall off without tampering with the pulley? Any help would be appreciated!
First off, did you buy the car brand new?
Old 03-11-2005, 11:26 PM
emkstang

sorry. yes I bought the car new.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:16 AM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Tell me how the motor blew. Were you getting on it when it happened? What went wrong?