Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

HELP: Convert my GT to a Saleen

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 09:16 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Default RE: HELP: Convert my GT to a Saleen

Good luck copying the Saleen. PLEASE don't badge it one, though. Nothing worse than a poser.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:28 PM
cbgammel05
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LilRoush

Good luck copying the Saleen. PLEASE don't badge it one, though. Nothing worse than a poser.
agreed....

good luck
Old 11-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Saleen05797
4th Gear Member

I'm down with whatever as long as he doesn't put numbers on it. Def do it if you want, not my car, just saying. Technically he is doing what Saleen is just by himself. So as long as he doesn't make a number then it's all good IMO
Old 11-19-2007, 10:45 PM
SALEENbarricade

ORIGINAL: gadway41

ORIGINAL: SALEENbarricade

Hi guys! I really don't know much on cars. I was wondering if someone can help me out with converting my GT to a Saleen? My parents are getting me a body kit for Christmas so that's a start. All i need to know now is what parts and what not I have to get. Would someone be willing to make a list for me to convert my '07 GT into a '05-'08 Saleen? Thanks very much!
Here's some for the S281- 3-valve:

Saleen 05-07

S281 Convertible

Exterior:

Wheels
Tires
Brakes, Brake Lines
Body Kit Non- SuperCharged
Exhaust as required from Exhaust Manifold to Center Exhaust and hidden Exhaust
Suspension
Windshield Banner
Side Banners
S281 Fender Emblems
3-Valve Emblems

Interior:

Saleen Instrument Cluster
Billet Aluminum Trim thru-out
Steering Wheel Emblem
Upholstery
Head Rest
Shift ****
Pedals
Floor Mats
Flat tire kit
Lug Nut Wrench
Roll Bar
Hard Top

Motor:
UnderDrive Pulley, Belt
Tune

Other's can add if I've left out anything.
Thanks for list! This will help a lot!
Old 11-19-2007, 10:47 PM
SALEENbarricade

ORIGINAL: Saleen05797

I'm down with whatever as long as he doesn't put numbers on it. Def do it if you want, not my car, just saying. Technically he is doing what Saleen is just by himself. So as long as he doesn't make a number then it's all good IMO
Thanks guys for all your help! I wasn't going to put any numbers on it.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:08 AM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SALEENbarricade
I just purchused a Saleen steeringwheel so i'm moving slowly but surely . THANKS AGAIN GUYS!
Correct me if I'm wrong...but on the05+ cars, the saleen "steering wheel" is just a mustang GT steering wheel with a saleen badge.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:27 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

No correction necessary...you be correct
Old 11-26-2007, 10:27 AM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sowaxeman

No correction necessary...you be correct
Well then I hope he just bought a badge instead of an entirely new steering wheel!
Old 09-13-2017, 11:32 AM
Warpony4.0

Default Saleen barricade project

Originally Posted by SALEENbarricade
Hi guys! I really don't know much on cars. I was wondering if someone can help me out with converting my GT to a Saleen? My parents are getting me a body kit for Christmas so that's a start. All i need to know now is what parts and what not I have to get. Would someone be willing to make a list for me to convert my '07 GT into a '05-'08 Saleen? Thanks very much!
I am converting mine into the replica of the saleen barricade myself right now I just got done with most of my performance. now I am ready for exterior I researched body saleen body kits and stalker body kits by vis and material the body kit is made from is important for weather heat and cracking and bending so far the only saleen kit from saleen website or the American muscle.com saleen tpo kit is the way to go it is not cheap that's for sure so I am getting the saleen tpo kit as far as the center exhaust that will be my last thing I do. All the decals check we'd graphixs store online and amazon.com auto body paint job you will need and of course talk to your local police department to find out if it's ok to have every emblem replica due to 911 and police on the car might be a problem light bar as well. I am doing everything as a true replica in the state where I live at it is ok. I don't feel comfortable with bolting anything through my roof of my car so no light bar for me just hidden active lights in my headlights and taillights lights with throttle switch as long as I am not impersonating an officer then I am ok. Good luck.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:55 PM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Warpony4.0
I am converting mine into the replica of the saleen barricade myself right now I just got done with most of my performance. now I am ready for exterior I researched body saleen body kits and stalker body kits by vis and material the body kit is made from is important for weather heat and cracking and bending so far the only saleen kit from saleen website or the American muscle.com saleen tpo kit is the way to go it is not cheap that's for sure so I am getting the saleen tpo kit as far as the center exhaust that will be my last thing I do. All the decals check we'd graphixs store online and amazon.com auto body paint job you will need and of course talk to your local police department to find out if it's ok to have every emblem replica due to 911 and police on the car might be a problem light bar as well. I am doing everything as a true replica in the state where I live at it is ok. I don't feel comfortable with bolting anything through my roof of my car so no light bar for me just hidden active lights in my headlights and taillights lights with throttle switch as long as I am not impersonating an officer then I am ok. Good luck.
Are you an archeologist?

Lol anyway...

Personally, if I were to do a Saleen conversion I'm not sure what I'd do as far as the body kit parts go. You can pay the premium price for genuine Saleen parts but I don't know if you've ever looked closely at one in person - fit and finish could be better, that's for sure. Kinda lame to spend that sort of $$ only to have it need a little massaging at the body shop. Other option is save money on a knockoff body kit which will probably need some massaging as well.