MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/saleen-roush-and-boss-mustangs-5/)
-   -   HELP: Convert my GT to a Saleen (https://mustangforums.com/forum/saleen-roush-and-boss-mustangs/372237-help-convert-my-gt-to-a-saleen.html)

SALEENbarricade 11-19-2007 08:45 AM

HELP: Convert my GT to a Saleen

Hi guys! I really don't know much on cars. I was wondering if someone can help me out with converting my GT to a Saleen? My parents are getting me a body kit for Christmas so that's a start. All i need to know now is what parts and what not I have to get. Would someone be willing to make a list for me to convert my '07 GT into a '05-'08 Saleen? Thanks very much!

Jazzer The Cat 11-19-2007 08:54 AM

RE: HELP: Convert my GT to a Saleen

Looks like you have transformed your screen-name already ;)You will need wheels, guage overlay, complete suspension, windsheild sticker, pully's, and some other stuff I cannot think of at the moment.

Welcome :)

123fearit 11-19-2007 09:04 AM

exhaust since the kit has a cut out for a center tip

04#231SC 11-19-2007 12:21 PM

Save up the $$ that Grandma gives you for Christmas as well to pay for all the additional stuff you will want and need once you get going. If you go true clone then your looking at the seats, the stickers/emblems, the exhaust to connect up back to the center exhaust on the body kit, the Saleen window decal etc. I think the Saleen site does a pretty good job of showing the body kit and it differnts pieces. Brake kit and wheels and tires or at least wheels and tires should be purchased as well.

Good luck.

ndgoalie35 11-19-2007 12:30 PM

Check out Texas Hot Rods. They have a Roush/Saleen conversion program that make it look identical to a new Saleen.

Saleen05797 11-19-2007 02:14 PM

If it was me doing it, I'd probably skip the wheels and the seats. I'd invest in some nice racing seats for practically the same price and get some nice wheels other than Saleen's 7 or 5-spoke wheels

ChiDiddy 11-19-2007 02:20 PM

You'll need about $3k+ for body kit, paint, wheels (no tires), exhaust (if u can find it cheap). If u cant install it yourself, then prepare to fork out a lot more money.

SALEENbarricade 11-19-2007 02:45 PM

Thanks guys! The body kit that my parents are getting me says that it comes with the exhaust kit. I just purchused a Saleen steeringwheel so i'm moving slowly but surely ;). THANKS AGAIN GUYS!

stangboy555 11-19-2007 04:03 PM

Take a look at this article

http://mustanglife.tenmagazines.com/...e&aid=3321

gadway41 11-19-2007 04:43 PM

ORIGINAL: SALEENbarricade

Hi guys! I really don't know much on cars. I was wondering if someone can help me out with converting my GT to a Saleen? My parents are getting me a body kit for Christmas so that's a start. All i need to know now is what parts and what not I have to get. Would someone be willing to make a list for me to convert my '07 GT into a '05-'08 Saleen? Thanks very much!
Here's some for the S281- 3-valve:

Saleen 05-07

S281 Convertible

Exterior:

Wheels
Tires
Brakes, Brake Lines
Body Kit Non- SuperCharged
Exhaust as required from Exhaust Manifold to Center Exhaust and hidden Exhaust
Suspension
Windshield Banner
Side Banners
S281 Fender Emblems
3-Valve Emblems

Interior:

Saleen Instrument Cluster
Billet Aluminum Trim thru-out
Steering Wheel Emblem
Upholstery
Head Rest
Shift Knob
Pedals
Floor Mats
Flat tire kit
Lug Nut Wrench
Roll Bar
Hard Top

Motor:
UnderDrive Pulley, Belt
Tune

Other's can add if I've left out anything.