Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Tried to send a ?? to Saleen--Got Bounced

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 05:29 PM
esanger
2nd Gear Member

Default Tried to send a ?? to Saleen--Got Bounced

Sent a message to Saleen Sales trying to get an answer and the email bounced. This combined with the recent closing of the Irvine store does not give this potential customer the "warm and fuzzy" sooo....

Maybe you guys can answer the question. When I order my 08 S281SC, can I have Saleen add on the 550HP upgrade kit? How much extra to have them do it do you think? This seems to be about as far as Saleen will take th stock 3V before they require forged internals and I would want them to do it to keep the warrantee in tact..

I appreciate any input you can provide, not sure how to get hold of anyone at Saleen to ask these questions...
Old 12-16-2007, 06:35 PM
Jonsey
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Tried to send a ?? to Saleen--Got Bounced

I highly doubt they will install the 550 kit and keep the warranty in full force. Getting them to warrant the 475 kit took some work. I am sure they can install it but doubt you will have a powertrain warranty.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:43 PM
fastautos
Banned

550 kit does not come with a warranty
Old 12-17-2007, 08:36 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Seems like the long and tedious way to having an E car, so why not just buy an '07 E that is still in the showroom somewhere untitled? I know where 3 are in the midwest. I'm sure they can be had at sticker, with an x-plan and Ford rebate on top for a total out the door price at sticker or below.....or spend a little more and go for the new S302 E [&:]
Old 12-17-2007, 08:50 AM
esanger
2nd Gear Member

Does the 'E' have forged internals?
Old 12-17-2007, 08:56 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

MOST DEFINITELY
Old 12-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Red_Devil
Official Sponsor For Whiteline USA

ORIGINAL: esanger

Sent a message to Saleen Sales trying to get an answer and the email bounced. This combined with the recent closing of the Irvine store does not give this potential customer the "warm and fuzzy" sooo....
We are currently switching Email servers right now. They have been doing server maitenance all weekend so things are not perfect just yet.

ORIGINAL: esanger

I appreciate any input you can provide, not sure how to get hold of anyone at Saleen to ask these questions...
You can contact us by phone at 1.800.888.8945 or you can always PM me here to get answers.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:06 PM
smoothy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Red_Devil

We are currently switching Email servers right now. They have been doing server maitenance all weekend so things are not perfect just yet.
Good to see you back here, I was afraid the Forces Of Evil (tm) had kidnapped you to prove that Saleen had been disassembled and sent off quietly into the night.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:15 AM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: smoothy

ORIGINAL: Red_Devil

Good to see you back here, I was afraid the Forces Of Evil (tm) had kidnapped you to prove that Saleen had been disassembled and sent off quietly into the night.
I would never kidnap anyone...especially not Jared. He's a great resource!

-Evil
Old 12-18-2007, 08:50 AM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

Esenger, I have the 550hp upgrade put in at the Troy plant. You would be paying for the slight porting of the SC, mass air kit, air filter, larger inlet tube, 39lb injectors, vacume line re-arrangement, the dual fuel pump + labor, upgraded dash gauge,the JDM tune, test driving, and 2 Dyno pulls to be conferred with JDM.

probably $2500 or so. Erik

Quick Reply: Tried to send a ?? to Saleen--Got Bounced