Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Saleen NATIONALS 2008

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 07:39 AM
scspeedster
2nd Gear Member

Default Saleen NATIONALS 2008

The 2008 SCOA Saleen NATIONALS Registration is OPEN. Information about the (3) day event held Aug 1-3 in Greenwood In can be found on
http://www.saleenclubofamerica.com- Click on the NATIONALS link.

You'll find Motel information, directions, event schedule and results & photos from our 2007 Show in Georgia.

This is the 5th Anniversary of the Saleen Club of America and everyone pre-registered will receive a special anniversary gift.

This years featured mark is the 1989 SSC- Owners that pre-register their SSC's will also receive a special thank you gift for sharing these great cars with us.
Since this is our anniversary, special recognition will also be given to any anniversary Saleens pre-registered.

This event is open to everyone and you don't have to be a member of the club.

The Host Motel, Lees Inn & Suites in Greenwood have given us a special rate and a block of rooms that are being held with a "cut-off" date for rooms as Jul 10, 2008.

SCOA Saleen NATIONALS Pre-registration cut-off is Jul 1, 2008.

All of this info is on the website.....
Old 01-14-2008, 09:13 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Default RE: Saleen NATIONALS 2008

Thanks for the post Charlie! Mark you calendars now everyone - if you can't (or don't want to) drive in for the event you might consider flying in and renting astang so you can be a part of the event. Heck if we get enough of you, we just might have to have a special Rental Stang class [8D]Last year we had 55 Saleens on hand down in Marieatta, GA. This year we are hoping for 75+. Don't miss your chance to witness a very special display put on by3 of the biggest fox enthusiasts around. Collectively these guys own nearly30 foxes, including some very rare cars (the first and only 3 cars built in '84, an array of Big Wing cars, 3 of steves early race cars, SC's, SA-10, 7-up Saleen, Explorer XP8 and more). We will also have a strong contingent of fox Saleens from our Southeast boys down in TN and GA.

For those that come in early on Friday I am planning an afternoon cruise of about 50 miles with some very scenic (and twisty) roads into historic Nashiville, IN.

For those that are feeling frisky and want to come in Thursday afternoon/evening I am planning a welcome cookout at my house, with yours truly on the grill.

We had nearly a dozen of us last year from the forums, so lets see about 20 of us this year Hope to see you all there.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:52 PM
mills281e
4th Gear Member

I'm going to try and make it this year again. It was a great time last year! Of course my 20 minute commute last year will make this year's trip seem like a journey to the moon .

My goal (since I won't have to drive anywhere from the hotel)....get boozed up and pass out in the hotel's fake tree in the lobby.

Jason and Charlie......if you could make sure the hotel's lobby has a fake tree in it I would certainly appreciate it
Old 01-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Chuckdoc
3rd Gear Member

LOL @ Mills.

I'll let you know of my plans later, but better go ahead and make sure plenty of fake trees are available in a central area of the lobby.

[8D]
Old 01-18-2008, 08:04 AM
scspeedster
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mills281e

I'm going to try and make it this year again. It was a great time last year! Of course my 20 minute commute last year will make this year's trip seem like a journey to the moon .

My goal (since I won't have to drive anywhere from the hotel)....get boozed up and pass out in the hotel's fake tree in the lobby.

Jason and Charlie......if you could make sure the hotel's lobby has a fake tree in it I would certainly appreciate it
Mills, it wouldn't be the same without you - and yes there are a couple of fake trees already in place.

By the way, there is a BIG Drive starting in FL and coming through your are you might want to hook up with. Check the progress & plans on scoatalk.saleenclubofamerica.com. [sm=happy046.gif]
Old 02-20-2008, 08:41 AM
scspeedster
2nd Gear Member

Update - during the show, some lucky person will take home a set of 18" Saleen replica wheels and a Brad Bowling Saleen Book -
Items will be raffled during the event on Saturday and given away during the awards.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:15 PM
mills281e
4th Gear Member

some lucky person will take home a set of 18" Saleen replica wheels
That's aserious raffle gift Charlie....I'm going to have to use our R&D facilities to develop a specially weighted raffle ticket
Old 02-22-2008, 08:00 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: mills281e

some lucky person will take home a set of 18" Saleen replica wheels
That's aserious raffle gift Charlie....I'm going to have to use our R&D fascilities to develop a specially weighted raffle ticket
And while your at it, you could work with your marketing/publishing dept. to develop your spelling Just messin' with ya [8D]
Old 02-22-2008, 07:09 PM
mills281e
4th Gear Member

Fascinating Jason[sm=youreright.gif].......I had my people take care of it [sm=ts.gif]

.....nothing to see here people, move along.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:03 PM
cobra427

All I can say is it WASN'T ME. I wasn't even there.

I hope to makethe Nationals again, I had a great time last year. The Florida group will be goingwith in 5 miles of my house, if I can't go at least I can just wave as they go by.

Gary

Quick Reply: Saleen NATIONALS 2008