Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

New 2005 S281 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 02:18 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Default New 2005 S281 Owner

I am new to this forum so forgive any newbie ?'s that may have already been hammered! I just purchased a new 05 na S281. What is your alls experience with Saleen's quality? Reason I ask is mine is going back to the dealer to have the rear facia either replaced or pulled off and repainted as it has sanding marks in the paint (under the clear coat) on one lower-side, and at the top of the bumper there are several lines in the cover that look to be molding errors, or possibly being put on too tight. The front fascia is also being re-done as there is a rather noticable flaw in the paint (again, under the clear) by the production decal near the headlight. My dealer only sold 2 of them and claims they are not selling any more until these issues are resolved. Any similar experiences? They also said that they wont sell any more as Saleen is forcing them to stock a Focus for every Mustang, and they can't sell the Focus Saleens.

Is there a fixed number or a rough average of how many Mustang Saleens they make in a year?

Also, I am a huge mid 80's and beyond Mustang fan (this is my 5th) but I am not a huge gear-head and into mods. I bought this car as a Show Car. What do the underdive pulleys that everybody always talks about do??

And finally, the ride is very tight as I expected - but is it normal for the wheels & suspension to sound loose - or rattely if you can imagine? And is it normal to hear noises (like tire rubbing or something dragging) when making turns and hitting bumps? I am thinking it is possibly the sway bars and big a** tires (20x9 & 20x10's) that I am hearing.

Any thoughts (other than why didn't I get a SC) would be appreciated!

Old 03-31-2005, 03:19 PM
Mustangous
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New 2005 S281 Owner

Congrats on scoring a new saleen... and welcome to the forum..

My saleen scrapped the inner wheel well when i hit bumps or really taking a right turn hard. It ended being that the wheel well cover had a spot that popped down and i just couldnt pop it back. I had to take it out and heat it with a heat gun and mold it back up into position. then reinstall back in the car.