Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Saleen Production Date

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 11:42 AM
Obselite
3rd Gear Member

Default Saleen Production Date

Hey guys, I found a good deal on a 2000 saleen...it's blue but it's authentic--i think. that's why i'm askin u guys. Should the vin on the door have the same production date as the saleen production date on the plaques?

I kno that saleen has their own vin numbers once they produce their car. But this guy still has the ford vin and it matches out...but he has the sticker for the laminated version of the saleen vin. I want to make sure its legit though.

So once again, i ask, should the sticker on the inside of the door from ford's production date coincide with the saleen production date? Or will they be a little different?
Old 04-05-2005, 03:36 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen Production Date

Hey guys, I found a good deal on a 2000 saleen...it's blue but it's authentic--i think. that's why i'm askin u guys. Should the vin on the door have the same production date as the saleen production date on the plaques?

I kno that saleen has their own vin numbers once they produce their car. But this guy still has the ford vin and it matches out...but he has the sticker for the laminated version of the saleen vin. I want to make sure its legit though.

So once again, i ask, should the sticker on the inside of the door from ford's production date coincide with the saleen production date? Or will they be a little different?
Don't confuse Ford's vin # on the car for Saleen's production #. The actual vin on the car stays unchanged from Ford. So ford's build date will be prior to Saleen's build date. Sound legit to me.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:15 PM
Obselite
3rd Gear Member

Okay, great. Thanks for your help

So if I understand this correctly... say ford produced it in 2/99...then saleens would be about how much after that?
Old 04-05-2005, 04:18 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

just give him the number
Old 04-05-2005, 04:33 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

David, did you order your Saleen book?
Old 04-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

So if I understand this correctly... say ford produced it in 2/99...then saleens would be about how much after that?
It really depends on the time of year and a few other factors. It could be a month or it could be a few months. What # is your car? (the Saleen # on the bumper)
Old 04-05-2005, 05:09 PM
Obselite
3rd Gear Member

Number 339
it's red.

I know I said it was blue...but that's because I plan on paintin it.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

The ship date on the car was 2/28/00
Old 04-05-2005, 11:25 PM
Obselite
3rd Gear Member

wow...how the heck did you find that out?

By the way, is there a way (like a site or somethin) to go to and enter the bumper number and find out info on the car? Like color..year and all that?? thanks
Old 04-05-2005, 11:49 PM
Say When
3rd Gear Member

There is no site for that information from the bumper number alone.

Go to www.performanceautosport.com and purchase the Saleen Book by Brad Bowling. Read the entire book from cover to cover. Then come back to the forums with some great info.

Or you could make your very first purchase from Saleen.com and purchase to book from them. 100% of everything you need to know is in that book.

P.S. With everything comes a price. The book is $60.00.

Quick Reply: Saleen Production Date