Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Blacks Automotive

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 09:51 AM
04#231SC
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Blacks Automotive

That is great feedback Red, I was a little wary of them each time I looked at the site but again never having dealt with them I could offer no opinion. It really only takes one bad experience to spread a bad word. I would keep looking and get complete detailed pictures including wheels and tires of any car and get at least a 30day or maybe a 2 week warranty cover if you have the car shipped so that the problems your talking about are covered.

Maybe you ought to just look for a private sale. They are out there big time.

Good luck

Old 03-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Saleen05797
4th Gear Member

A car is probably the only thing I would NOT buy over the internet and I do a lot of eBay stuff. I'd have to see it in person first or have some type of third party escrow service to release the money to the seller to assure everything was described correctly and there are no issues with the car unless said.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Say When
3rd Gear Member

The only place I would buy a car from sight unseen is Performance Autosport in Richmond Va. That guy goes overboard to make sure you are happy.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:00 PM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

The danger inherent in "buying a car sight unseen over the Internet" isn'tthe "Internet" part of the equation, it's the "sight unseen" part. For example:

I bought my car sight unseen from a dealer
I bought my car sight unseen on Craig's List
I bought my car sight unseen from the newspaper classifieds
I bought my car sight unseen from my ex-husband who's a used car salesman
I bought my car sight unseen from my best friend's father's neighbor's pool boy

All bad ideas.

I bought Georgia on eBay but NOT sight unseen. And sold two cars on eBay. All fabulous experiences and zero regrets all the way around.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:51 PM
desant89
2nd Gear Member

I have purchased 3 vehicles off of Ebay in the last 4 years, and did not have one problem with any of them. I think if you take the time to call the dealership for a repair history, get a Carfax, tons of pics, FEEDBACK, and in this case some info from Saleen. Now that I tihnk of it, I did have one problem where back speakers were missing in a car, but you getthe carso much cheaper normally. The seller had great feedback, and sent me some speakers. However, I just realized they have independant inspection companies that we can use, and would highly recommend using them. I think some of the sceptacism, which is totally understandable, will cause some missed deals. I know most were afraid of my Lizstick red purchase on Ebay, but the car is amazing, and exactly as listed.
One more thing, esanger is going to look at the vehicle anyway. Therefore it will not be sight unseen. I did suggest that he find the closet Ford(saleen) dealer, and take it to them for inspection.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:03 PM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: desant89

....find the closet Ford(saleen) dealer, and take it to them for inspection.
Come out, come out, wherever you are!! [8D]
Old 03-28-2008, 02:35 PM
esanger
2nd Gear Member

Spoke with the local Saleen dealer Service Manager and they have no problem looking at the vehicle for me. I just hope Blacks doesn't give me a hard time about bringing the vehicle 30 miles away to be inspected...

*UPDATE: Called Blacks and they did not see an issue, if it is a problem, I'll walk....

Appreciate all of your input guys..

I will let you know of the outcome..
Old 03-28-2008, 10:45 PM
saleen4162
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the heads up red my cousin was gonna buy a car from them ill pass him the info.[8D]
Old 03-29-2008, 03:25 PM
mustanghq

Um, maybe i can put my two cents in! My name is BrianBlack and I am one of the owners of BlacksAutomotive in Orlando Fl. Paul you said that the Ford Tech said the spark plug was smashed on the ground? Do you or anyone really believe that we could go to an auction with some tools, pull the plug out and bang it on the curb, then put it back in? Come on dude I know some people who believe in aliens MIGHT consider that to be true. If you knew me or my brother we take a lot of pride in what we do. As you do we go to work to make money. What we don't do is take advantage of our customers. And if you really know us you will never see us with a wrench in our hands. We are not mechanics! You received your car and said you were not happy with the tires. You never asked us to replace them. You DID ask us to pay for the bill at the Ford store that you took the car to. I do remember writing a check to you for over 500.00 for that. Isthere any other dealer out there that would have evendone that for a guy all the way across the country? By the way has your car been a good car for you? It seams like it because you still own and brag on your ride. All im asking for anyone reading this is do your own research before listening to this guys opinion. We ALWAYS have and ALWAYS will sell a quality product the we also love. Read more about us and you will see that we have sold over 1500 Mustangs and there is not anyone out there like this guy talking bad about us! I would not even be reading this post but Sean Saleen sent me a link to it this morning. Maybe we can get his opinion about Blacks?Anyway sorry you were not happy with your purchase and by the way MIke does not own Blacks! Brian Black
Old 03-29-2008, 11:03 PM
steve75
2nd Gear Member

Heres the deal. im not taking sides. im a dealerand buy from the auction all the time. There is no way in hell they could have pulled a plug and get away with it. the auctions that sell that high end of cars are watched very carefully. it does happen though @ low end auctions. What i dont understand is why they didnt run the car through a post sale inspection or any kind of mantainance program and how they missed something like that. i sale 3 to 8K cars and i never miss something like that. a doctored tranny sometimes but not something as noticableas a miss.When i was looking fora saleen sc which you cant find around here @ an auction i ran into these guys onebay. i called and they offered me car @ wholesale which i thought the price was a little high for whole sale but these cars do bring the money at the auctions. What steered me away was there ebay rating. At the time it was 1. when i asked about it he said someone tapped into there ebay account and screwed up there rating. Sounded alittle off the wall to me. I wouldnt buy a car from my momunseen.Unfortunately people get screwed everyday. keep this in mindalso, someone could buy 100 good cars from these people and you would never here a word but as soon as car 101 had a problem there going to be talking some major trash.If i was you i would feel lucky he cut you a check for 500.00half of the dealers would have told you togo get bent. i Hope youtwo work this out.

Quick Reply: Blacks Automotive