Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

OMFG PEOPLE DO THIS?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 05:49 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

Default OMFG PEOPLE DO THIS?!

I went to a local car meet yeasterday evening. Everyone leaves their cars open for people to check out. I have a great time and this morning when cleaning my car, i notice my $@##ing dash plaque is missing! Looks like they used a flat head to tear it off! I am EXTREMELY pissed right now and seriously dont know what to do. What makes it worse is that they left an eyesore in front of my passenger seat because they obviously were in a rush in taking it off......... Sorry for the venting guys......[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 03-29-2008, 05:55 PM
saleen4162
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: OMFG PEOPLE DO THIS?!

Oh man dude That really bites Thats why I never leave my car open when we have local meet up's. The way I see it they can look through the window and if they really wanna see the inside theyll ask me.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Your story makes me wanna kick some F'in' A**. Unreal that someone has the stones to do something like that! Hopefully Saleen can find a way to make you a new one.

Really sorry to hear this, Chi []

Jazzer
Old 03-29-2008, 09:04 PM
justang07
2nd Gear Member

wow that sucks. some people are so grimey.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:26 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

yeh i am still so irritated.....my first priority is to get the deep scratches out of the dash.. i dont know how i will do that though. I guess i gotta learn the hard way to keep my car locked...... I should contact Saleen about it too. Wonder if they can get me another without charging an arm and a leg.....
Old 03-29-2008, 10:19 PM
steve75
2nd Gear Member

that blows... i had my car for 2 days when i parked in the middle of no were @ walmart. When i got back to my car of corse there were 10 cars around it and i had the biggest ****ing door ding ive ever seen. cost me 150 to get it removed. i feel your pain
Old 03-29-2008, 10:39 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

wow thats worse than my situation . I gets very annoying when there are parking spots everywhere and they decide to park right next to your car. I get antsy when walking out of the store and my car is parked way in the back and see cars right next to it.......
Old 03-30-2008, 07:23 AM
cobrafan

man that sucks any security camera you can check??
Old 03-30-2008, 08:40 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: cobrafan

man that sucks any security camera you can check??
I was thinking that too. I don't know where the dash-plaque is located on your car, but you may considerreplacing theFord dash panel that is scratched. Most likely the plastic is not solid color and will be grey if you try to remove scratches.

Good luck, and again, I am sorry this has happened [&o]

Jazzer
Old 03-30-2008, 11:40 AM
Jonsey
4th Gear Member

Post the number of your car so that if anyone comes across the plaque we can shoot and **** on the person that took it. Then we can charge thenext of kinfor the bullet and the clean-up. What kind of a jacka&* would do that to someone? Unbelievable! I am very sorry this happened to you.

Quick Reply: OMFG PEOPLE DO THIS?!