Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Saleen Extreme Warranty disappointment

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 10:33 PM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen Extreme Warranty disappointment

Ditch those POS's and get an SLP product. Lifetime warranty and they stand behind it!
Old 07-25-2008, 11:57 PM
abbas
3rd Gear Member

If there is an SLP part that fits the Saleen part, I am all for it. So the exhaust system can NOT be bought in parts from Saleen. It is an all or none deal. So the part alone will cost $950. I dont understand why they just could not sell a left and right component for this.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:41 AM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

Muffler shops can put in what you want, go talk to one about options.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:44 AM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: desant89

I guess it is the fact of the more stress being put on those same parts. I mean the 550 HP vs the 435 or 465, and the assumption that if you buy an extreme, you are more likely to go fast in it. However, Saleen as a company is kind of saying they do not trust their own setup which is really weak. No way they should be able to give less of a warranty on that! a Z06 has the same warranty as a regualar Vette!
The Z06 is built in house. The Saleen is built by an aftermarket tuner. HUGE difference.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:27 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

This was a big concern for me when buying the extreme. I still bought it put some bolt-ons and still blew the motor. With or without warrenty I was screwed.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:47 AM
desant89
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IWinULose

The Z06 is built in house. The Saleen is built by an aftermarket tuner. HUGE difference.
I wonder what Roush or Foose does with their warranties. Does make sense that he Z06 is built in house, but I am talking about the Saleen side of it even though it is aftermarket, they do it all, and warranty it. The 3 yr/36k warranty on the SC is from both Ford, and Saleen. Saleen backs up THEIR parts, and labor on an SC for 3 years, why not do the same for the Extreme package they they also totally custom build? Does Ford still keep their 3 year Warranty in tact even though it is an Extreme? There is no excuse for this. If they trust their package, it should be warranteed the same as the regular SC package is.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:12 PM
EricM
2nd Gear Member

Their excuse is probably that they don't warranty it, and people still line up to buy them anyway.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:40 PM
abbas
3rd Gear Member

Anyone from Saleen want to chime in on this? It is nice that you chime in on other forums but once a problem comes up with your own product, you guys are as silent as it gets.

I am looking into my options right now of how to get it fixed.

I looked into my manual/warranty papers last night. Sure enough, it lists every single thing that Saleen has added to the car as 12 month,12,000 mile warranty. We are talking simple things as the rear car's wing and the plaques on the sides of the car. I have never had to read a manual first before buying a car to find out what the warranty covers. I have always taken the sales guy/dealership's word for it. Again, expensive lesson learned.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:56 PM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

You took a car salesman's word?????!!!!!

caveat emptor

What's done is done, focus on your new exhaust upgrade.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Saleen05797
4th Gear Member

They probably have such a short warranty on it because the E engine and tranny are pretty expensive to replace. Saleen was probably just trying to save their own *** in the end, which once again is not very good business practice.

Quick Reply: Saleen Extreme Warranty disappointment