Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

buying a saleen????

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 11:03 AM
princessturtle
1st Gear Member

Default buying a saleen????

so i sold my stangie =( but i'm hoping to pick up a saleen soon. i saw that they had a 302 extreme(like 600+HP). but i have no clue on the process of buying one. i want it tobe a certain white (white with pink ghost pearl overlay) and all the dealerships will tell me is that's possible, anythings possible.

can any1 here share their experience with buying one? plzzzzzz
Old 09-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Right how you will find the best pricing for such a ride!

There are several dealerships that deal specifically in Saleens and high performance cars. Just let the Google do the searchin' and some others will post some links I can't think of at the moment. There are a couple for sale right now via posts in this section although none with girly-girl pink overlay

Jazzer
Old 09-07-2008, 12:46 PM
mikebna
3rd Gear Member

if you like pink saleens, you will probably like this site------

http://www.molly-pop.com/

mike
Old 09-07-2008, 01:17 PM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

As everyone said above, a Saleen dealer will be able to point you in the right direction, but, when you go to customizing options and paint schemes, you are talking big dollars, and you will not get any kind of great deal.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:09 PM
princessturtle
1st Gear Member

i don't want pink pink. the pink overlay i want is minimal. i've seen molly's car. it's beautiful but in no way do i want it that pink.

i'm prepared for it costing like 10k for the paint alone. i kno molly's was like 20k or something like that.

like this but with pink instead of blue.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:10 PM
princessturtle
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
Right how you will find the best pricing for such a ride!

There are several dealerships that deal specifically in Saleens and high performance cars. Just let the Google do the searchin' and some others will post some links I can't think of at the moment. There are a couple for sale right now via posts in this section although none with girly-girl pink overlay

Jazzer
i kno gaphin or something like that in cali does. but they won't give me any info.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

I could talk options pricing etc with you. I had to register to become a Saleen dealer as I modify cars as a side job and I did one Saleen car brand new that was eventually ridiculously unique (3v, modded to 620 hp)). I've been part of the build for 4 other mustangs, among other things.

PM me and well see what you want and if it's even possible. I don't do this for profit but to help out my local mustang club. so please be respectful.

Last edited by Legion5; 09-07-2008 at 04:43 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:10 PM
dramsey
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by princessturtle
so i sold my stangie =( but i'm hoping to pick up a saleen soon. i saw that they had a 302 extreme(like 600+HP). but i have no clue on the process of buying one. i want it tobe a certain white (white with pink ghost pearl overlay) and all the dealerships will tell me is that's possible, anythings possible.

can any1 here share their experience with buying one? plzzzzzz
I bought my car directly from Saleen, flying down to their (now gone, sigh) retail store in Irvine, CA to test-drive cars and order one built to my specs.

The advantage of dealing with Saleen directly is that you avoid scummy auto dealers and can be sure to get exactly what you want. The disadvantage is that there's no hope of a discount from MSRP; on the other hand, you don't get "dealer markups", either.

Saleens come in your choice of any factory color Ford offers on the Mustang, or custom Saleen colors. Saleen's web site has apparently dispensed with the form that let you price your own car; when I bought mine, custom colors were $17K extra, except for the rainbow paint which was $18K.

Since Saleen starts with factory new cars, most of the cost of painting is labor, since the car is completely stripped (interior, engine, etc. removed) for painting. There's no way you could get it repainted by Saleen in any color for as little as $10K.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:52 PM
princessturtle
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Legion5
I could talk options pricing etc with you. I had to register to become a Saleen dealer as I modify cars as a side job and I did one Saleen car brand new that was eventually ridiculously unique (3v, modded to 620 hp)). I've been part of the build for 4 other mustangs, among other things.

PM me and well see what you want and if it's even possible. I don't do this for profit but to help out my local mustang club. so please be respectful.
i'll be sending u a pm later tonight. =) thanks.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:54 PM
princessturtle
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dramsey
I bought my car directly from Saleen, flying down to their (now gone, sigh) retail store in Irvine, CA to test-drive cars and order one built to my specs.

The advantage of dealing with Saleen directly is that you avoid scummy auto dealers and can be sure to get exactly what you want. The disadvantage is that there's no hope of a discount from MSRP; on the other hand, you don't get "dealer markups", either.

Saleens come in your choice of any factory color Ford offers on the Mustang, or custom Saleen colors. Saleen's web site has apparently dispensed with the form that let you price your own car; when I bought mine, custom colors were $17K extra, except for the rainbow paint which was $18K.

Since Saleen starts with factory new cars, most of the cost of painting is labor, since the car is completely stripped (interior, engine, etc. removed) for painting. There's no way you could get it repainted by Saleen in any color for as little as $10K.
how did u go about buying from them? do i like just call em? and how long did it take for u to get it?

Quick Reply: buying a saleen????