Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

saleens best is now gone!!!!!

Old 01-19-2009, 05:01 PM
mikebna
3rd Gear Member

THAT SUCKS.

Looks like the complaint dept just downsized over 150%. More layoffs.
But it's only par for the course for what they have been saying. When the writing is on the wall and they are denying everything.

mike
Old 01-19-2009, 05:04 PM
Jonsey
4th Gear Member

Jess is a great guy. I hope he lands on his feet too.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:11 PM
sftdyna
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mikebna
THAT SUCKS.

Looks like the complaint dept just downsized over 150%. More layoffs.
But it's only par for the course for what they have been saying. When the writing is on the wall and they are denying everything.

mike
up until his last day both jess and myself truly believed, and hoped they would pull it off.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:28 PM
mikebna
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sftdyna
up until his last day both jess and myself truly believed, and hoped they would pull it off.
I can say I know how it feels, as I have been through the same with a couple of other companies. You really want to believe what they say at first and then finally the truth starts becoming clearer and clearer, it happens all the time with allot of companies just different names and different products, thats all.

I have been totally done with the corporate world for a few years now and am really liking being with a small one or two owner place to work for.

mike
Old 01-19-2009, 07:35 PM
demarcom
2nd Gear Member

Hum... if they are getting rid of customer service and there are only a few folks left hanging around it seems like they may be downsizing prior to announcing being aquired. Many times the folks doing the aquiring want the house cleaned prior... That would also mean they are probably aquiring IP only (intelectual property). Logo's, designs, molds, old stock etc.

HUMMM... possbile SMS???? They wouldnt want to move to Detroit and already have their own infrastructure. I bet they still have some Chinese connections for $$$$$... Chimco, Techco... to close...

Oh well, it sounds feasible.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Jess Albright
1st Gear Member

Thank you for all your kind words!!
I still stand strong in saying that I think that Saleen Inc is a viable and valuable company to someone who really cares about the history of not only Saleen but Mustang's in the past 25 years. I strongly believe that they will find a buyer very soon, and hopefully they will have the interest to promote and invest in the company. With that being said I really think whoever buys it needs to invest and promote just as much in the history of the company as its future!! Because the simple fact is without its past there is no future for Saleen! I think that there is plenty of room for competing companies such as Roush, SMS, Steeda, etc. I think that everyone of those companies have something different to bring to the table and competition only makes everyone step it up and make things better and better.
I look forward to the future both for Saleen and for myself, I am sure I will find something that I will enjoy doing just as much as I truly enjoyed working for Saleen in the past 4 years. I will still be around to answer questions when needed, and hopefully assist some of you owners with questions that you may have.

Thank you

Jess Albright
Old 01-19-2009, 09:38 PM
cdmsaleen

Originally Posted by Jess Albright
Thank you for all your kind words!!
I still stand strong in saying that I think that Saleen Inc is a viable and valuable company to someone who really cares about the history of not only Saleen but Mustang's in the past 25 years. I strongly believe that they will find a buyer very soon, and hopefully they will have the interest to promote and invest in the company. With that being said I really think whoever buys it needs to invest and promote just as much in the history of the company as its future!! Because the simple fact is without its past there is no future for Saleen! I think that there is plenty of room for competing companies such as Roush, SMS, Steeda, etc. I think that everyone of those companies have something different to bring to the table and competition only makes everyone step it up and make things better and better.
I look forward to the future both for Saleen and for myself, I am sure I will find something that I will enjoy doing just as much as I truly enjoyed working for Saleen in the past 4 years. I will still be around to answer questions when needed, and hopefully assist some of you owners with questions that you may have.

Thank you

Jess Albright
Jess,
You are a total class act and will truly be missed!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2009, 09:49 PM
TPSmak

Thumbs up

Jess,

Thanks for all your help... you are a class guy and I'm sure you'll land on your feet
Old 01-19-2009, 11:44 PM
tonylop33
1st Gear Member

Jess,

you are going to be missed. You are a class gentleman even when others in your position would not be. I wish you the best of luck.

This development just made me decide against the ShakerCharger I was about to order.

Last edited by tonylop33; 01-20-2009 at 12:00 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:59 AM
aynjell
3rd Gear Member

While I never would have been able let myself pay for a saleen, it's sad to know that they will be no more. I always liked the cars, but just not the price tags.

Hopefully saleen pulls through. Jesse, I'm sure there's a future for you somewhere, hell, any ford dealership would probably take you on!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: saleens best is now gone!!!!!