Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Lets talk extended warranties...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 09:44 AM
unclemilti
2nd Gear Member

Default Lets talk extended warranties...

I am thinking of buying an extended warranty for my Saleen before the factory warranty runs out. With all the flux with Saleen and the lack of warranty support I am thinking it might be a worthwhile investment. I didn't buy one at the dealership when I bought the car simply because they wanted too much money.

Ford offers an extended warranty (ESP) thru several online dealers...but some will cover the Saleen, and some will not. I haven't been able to get a straight answer from the couple Ford resellers online.

I really don't know who is a good company, and who's not.

I got several quotes, and most were in the 600-1100.00 range for a 5 year, 50,0000 mile plan.

Any suggestions?
Old 02-04-2009, 10:06 AM
esanger
2nd Gear Member

Mikebna has one on his extreme..
Old 02-04-2009, 12:08 PM
ctann
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by unclemilti
I am thinking of buying an extended warranty for my Saleen before the factory warranty runs out.
I got the extended warranty from Fidelity Warranty Services - they came highly recommended by a few people. That was with a new car purchase though, not sure if they allow you to add extended warranty coverage at a later date... They specifically cover all of the Saleen parts as well as the Ford parts, and it ran me ~=$1600 for 5years/60k miles. As I bought a car that only had a 12-month Saleen warranty, I wasn't taking any chances...

Chris.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:57 PM
unclemilti
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctann
I got the extended warranty from Fidelity Warranty Services - they came highly recommended by a few people. That was with a new car purchase though, not sure if they allow you to add extended warranty coverage at a later date... They specifically cover all of the Saleen parts as well as the Ford parts, and it ran me ~=$1600 for 5years/60k miles. As I bought a car that only had a 12-month Saleen warranty, I wasn't taking any chances...

Chris.
I did some research on Fidelity..they have a ton of consumer complaints against them. There is even a class action lawsuit that was, or is in the process againt them.

Thats what worries me with these extended warranties...alot of these companies don't deliver as promised.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Gone2
2nd Gear Member

I was wondering the same thing about my Roush. If I go and get the extended warranty from Ford, will that also extend the 3/36k warranty on the Roush parts or just the mustang minus the roush parts?
Old 02-04-2009, 05:32 PM
ctann
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by unclemilti
I did some research on Fidelity..they have a ton of consumer complaints against them. There is even a class action lawsuit that was, or is in the process againt them.

Thats what worries me with these extended warranties...alot of these companies don't deliver as promised.
Yup, that's a concern - I did get a couple of personal recommendations though, so fingers crossed...

Chris.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:43 PM
unclemilti
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gone2
I was wondering the same thing about my Roush. If I go and get the extended warranty from Ford, will that also extend the 3/36k warranty on the Roush parts or just the mustang minus the roush parts?
Well, heres been my problem...4 different Ford ESP brokers, and 2 told me the Saleen, Roush, and Cobra were covered. 2 told me, absolutely not.

So?

The 2 that said "yes" quoted me 865 dollars for a 5/50K Extracare extended warranty.

I don't know what to do, because these guys are just brokers, Ford has the ultimate say what car is covered, since they are the underwriter.

I wish some other guys would call and ask, so we could all compare notes.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:47 PM
unclemilti
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctann
Yup, that's a concern - I did get a couple of personal recommendations though, so fingers crossed...

Chris.

Yep, I understand. I think they ALL have secrets they don't want to tell the consumer.

CarChex is another one that came highly recommended, they are backed by such names as Citicorp, Edmunds, etc..and they STILL have tons of people posting complaints about them on the internet!
Old 02-04-2009, 05:58 PM
unclemilti
2nd Gear Member

http://www.fordwarrantys.com/pricing...=defineVehicle
Old 02-04-2009, 08:47 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

I would be willing to bet any ESP you purchase will not be worth the paper it is written on by the time you need it.

The Extreme is a highly modified car in many aspects, and will be subject to MAJOR scrutiny by ANY claim for reimbursment. The insurer will fine a reason not to cover your ride and the fine print to back it up! No way they will cover anything worth a damn for $865 for the next 5 years. Save the money you WOULD spend on an ESP and bank it for your own repairs.

I have worked for MANY people that had an Extended Home Warranty that is said to cover "everything!" They pay my minimum charge to figure out what needs repair and call in a claim. The guy who shows up ain't worth diddly and needs to come back 4 times to get it right (and still doesn't). I usually find out at some point down the road when they call me for something else. I inquire on the issue and hear the nightmare stories of some guy who can't find his **** from a hole in the ground 'cuz the insurer pays WAY below any reasonable rate to make a repair. I have been involved with approx. 50 people in this scenario, and NOT ONE positive outcome.

Bottom line... the insurer will do everything possible to NOT pay for a claim.

Jazzer on spending wisely

Quick Reply: Lets talk extended warranties...