Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Any 08/09 Extreme Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Snakeplissken

Default Any 08/09 Extreme Owners?

Are there any 08/09 Extreme owners on here? I know Saleen only made 55 Extremes in 08 with 25 of those being the 25TH anniversary cars. I am not sure if they have built any 09's. I would like to know how happy people are with 08/09 Extremes, I have wanted one for a while.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:18 PM
ctann
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Snakeplissken
Are there any 08/09 Extreme owners on here? I know Saleen only made 55 Extremes in 08 with 25 of those being the 25TH anniversary cars. I am not sure if they have built any 09's. I would like to know how happy people are with 08/09 Extremes, I have wanted one for a while.

S302E 08-0011, here. The number I got was 32 08 S302E's, which would make the total 57 (assuming they really did make all 25 Stirlings). I love the car, but that is purely subjective right now - she only has 250 miles on the clock, and so I'm still keeping her under the recommended 4k RPM - quite a challenge I can tell you! I did have some paperwork problems to start with (emmissions stuff for import to California), but the guys at Saleen sorted everything out for me.

I was amazed at the attention she got in the short amount of driving I have done. Literally everywhere I went, I was getting thumbs up, people coming over to ask questions, etc. I thought the '68 KR (also in yellow) got a lot of attention, but the E gets even more!

I am a believer in keeping these cars stock, and I am definately not going to do any serious moding, but there are already a couple of things I am considering doing. One is the rocker covers, it just seems sad to have a 302 engine under the hood wearing the original plain-jane 4.6 rocker covers. I kind of like the wrinkle-finish ones on the Dark Horse, so I'm considering that. The other thing is the rear-brakes - the stock Ford calipers just look out of place back there. Its also been recommended to upgrade the injectors.

Do you have a particular E you are looking at? I think the Beryllium convertible (#25) is still for sale, and I saw black coupe #21 advertised a while back.

Chris.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Snakeplissken

Originally Posted by ctann
S302E 08-0011, here. The number I got was 32 08 S302E's, which would make the total 57 (assuming they really did make all 25 Stirlings). I love the car, but that is purely subjective right now - she only has 250 miles on the clock, and so I'm still keeping her under the recommended 4k RPM - quite a challenge I can tell you! I did have some paperwork problems to start with (emmissions stuff for import to California), but the guys at Saleen sorted everything out for me.

I was amazed at the attention she got in the short amount of driving I have done. Literally everywhere I went, I was getting thumbs up, people coming over to ask questions, etc. I thought the '68 KR (also in yellow) got a lot of attention, but the E gets even more!

I am a believer in keeping these cars stock, and I am definately not going to do any serious moding, but there are already a couple of things I am considering doing. One is the rocker covers, it just seems sad to have a 302 engine under the hood wearing the original plain-jane 4.6 rocker covers. I kind of like the wrinkle-finish ones on the Dark Horse, so I'm considering that. The other thing is the rear-brakes - the stock Ford calipers just look out of place back there. Its also been recommended to upgrade the injectors.

Do you have a particular E you are looking at? I think the Beryllium convertible (#25) is still for sale, and I saw black coupe #21 advertised a while back.

Chris.
Thanks for the info. What color is yours? Any PICS? I like the 08/09's because they have 620HP compared to the previous 550HP E's. I am beginning to think that buying one of these used is the way to go they seem to take a pretty big hit the first year. I agree with you on the rear calipers not looking right. Who has the Beryllium Vert or the Black coupe for sale?
Old 02-14-2009, 02:04 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

A black coupe 302E would be sex on wheels
Old 02-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Snakeplissken

Looks like they only built a handful of 09's and there will be no more 09 extreme production.

Last edited by Snakeplissken; 02-14-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:24 PM
ctann
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Snakeplissken
Thanks for the info. What color is yours? Any PICS?
I'm still waiting for the right moment to do a full-blown photo shoot. Here is one pic I posted a while back:

1-of-1 Speedlab yellow.

I like the 08/09's because they have 620HP compared to the previous 550HP E's.
To be honest, one of the things I dig is simply the fact that, while there are a lot of S281 based cars, there are very few S302 based cars. Whats in a name? Well, it makes google searching easier!

Who has the Beryllium Vert or the Black coupe for sale?
Campbell Ford had the vert, but looks like it sold. I got mixed up about the black one, it is actually owned by a member here, J.R. Jet. Saleenperformancedealer shows they have an '09 in black "on its way" - maybe a Dark Horse?

http://www.saleenperformancedealer.c...nsinstock.html

With such a small number made, finding one second hand might require quite some patience, but I tell you, it will be worth it! You could try the saleen location service to see if they know of any up for sale....

Chris.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:28 PM
ScremnS281
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctann
I'm still waiting for the right moment to do a full-blown photo shoot. Here is one pic I posted a while back:

1-of-1 Speedlab yellow.

To be honest, one of the things I dig is simply the fact that, while there are a lot of S281 based cars, there are very few S302 based cars. Whats in a name? Well, it makes google searching easier!

Campbell Ford had the vert, but looks like it sold. I got mixed up about the black one, it is actually owned by a member here, J.R. Jet. Saleenperformancedealer shows they have an '09 in black "on its way" - maybe a Dark Horse?

http://www.saleenperformancedealer.c...nsinstock.html

With such a small number made, finding one second hand might require quite some patience, but I tell you, it will be worth it! You could try the saleen location service to see if they know of any up for sale....

Chris.

That is perfection right there!! You sir have my favorite Saleen ever!!
Old 02-15-2009, 05:07 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

thats a sexy car
Old 02-15-2009, 09:32 PM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

Dang, I would love to have that blue Dan Gurney car!
Old 02-16-2009, 07:50 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

If you can't wait you could always get a used S281E and use the extra money to mod the crap out of it. But like stated above its not a 302E. Just depends on whats more important to you. Either way your going to have to spend more to get the S302E.

Quick Reply: Any 08/09 Extreme Owners?