MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/saleen-roush-and-boss-mustangs-5/)
-   -   Saleen Inc. Warranties In Jeopardy (https://mustangforums.com/forum/saleen-roush-and-boss-mustangs/522078-saleen-inc-warranties-in-jeopardy.html)

MoparMatt 03-04-2009 08:41 PM

Saleen Inc. Warranties In Jeopardy

Seems Saleen Inc. may no longer be honoring warranties on cars, parts or service, with a formal announcement coming soon at http://www.soec.org/news

IWinULose 03-04-2009 11:41 PM

Awesome news. I have a $60k car with around 2000 miles and appears that I am going to lose my warranty. Haha, nice.

/sarcasm

Looks like it's time to mod.

tonylop33 03-04-2009 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by IWinULose (Post 5998454)
Awesome news. I have a $60k car with around 2000 miles and appears that I am going to lose my warranty. Haha, nice.

/sarcasm

Looks like it's time to mod.

Just the way I feel.

ctann 03-05-2009 12:40 AM

I did a little bit of research on warranties and bankruptcy. This little article sets the basics out nicely. The key word is "executory contract", and this article sets that out nicely.

As far as I can see, the only way for a company to stop servicing warranties is by declaring bankrupcy - in which case, we will all become creditors. I think we need to get organised on this and get a Banrupcy Lawyer to act on behalf of existing Warranty Holders...

Chris.

AMS MIKE 03-05-2009 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by ctann (Post 5998611)
I did a little bit of research on warranties and bankruptcy. This little article sets the basics out nicely. The key word is "executory contract", and this article sets that out nicely.

As far as I can see, the only way for a company to stop servicing warranties is by declaring bankrupcy - in which case, we will all become creditors. I think we need to get organised on this and get a Banrupcy Lawyer to act on behalf of existing Warranty Holders...

Chris.

Saleen Inc got rid of their assests already. HP cut Saleen Inc loose. From what I heard straight from the person handling the issue....is very soon Saleen inc will be done filing bakruptcy.

How do I know....I am owed planty of money from Saleen Inc since 08/2008. I got a hold of accounting 2 weeks ago and was given the number to the firm handling the creditors. Well, the lady in charge is Jaime and she told me the entore situation. Basically, no one will be paid, Saleen Inc has $0 and 0 things in the name. So there is nothing to go after.

I am no way saying not to pursue a lawsuit, I am not a lawyer and I am not giving advice. Just telling you what I have been told.

It will be very interesting to see what happens....I feel bad for Saleen owners, employees and all the vendors that have been screwed by Saleen Inc. People who have put hard earned hours in and never got paid. Really sucks!

TheNJDevil 03-05-2009 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by MoparMatt (Post 5997844)
Seems Saleen Inc. may no longer be honoring warranties on cars, parts or service, with a formal announcement coming soon at http://www.soec.org/news

The only way they can do that is by filing bankruptcy. Otherwise, as pointed out by someone else, they'll be spending time in court. It's really too bad, they have good products and I was seriously considering their SC. Personally, I wouldn't choose a SC if there is no manufacturer to stand behind it.

Lets hope this is a rumor and/or something gets worked out.

unclemilti 03-05-2009 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by TheNJDevil (Post 5999211)
The only way they can do that is by filing bankruptcy. Otherwise, as pointed out by someone else, they'll be spending time in court. It's really too bad, they have good products and I was seriously considering their SC. Personally, I wouldn't choose a SC if there is no manufacturer to stand behind it.

Lets hope this is a rumor and/or something gets worked out.

LOL..if you read that article over at SOEC, that definitely is NO rumor.

Thank God my car is an 06, and had little time left on the warranty anyways.

I feel for you guys with 07's and 08's.

If Saleen cars were in danger of not being produced before this little gem of an announcement, it certainly is the death blow to any future car sales in this economy.

Snakeplissken 03-05-2009 11:03 AM

What if you need Saleen exclusive parts for your car down the road? They built fifty seven 08 Saleen Extremes what if you need a part for one?

ctann 03-05-2009 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by AMS MIKE (Post 5998763)
Basically, no one will be paid, Saleen Inc has $0 and 0 things in the name. So there is nothing to go after.

I'm no lawyer either, and obviously this is all hypothetical, but SI *had* significant assets at one point. If they got money from the deal with MJ, it must have gone somewhere. If they just gave away the assets - well, I think a bankruptcy court will have a legitimate claim against MJ...

Anyway, a mess to be sure, and the only ones likely to profit from the whole thing are the lawyers... There must be a significant number of people out there with existing Saleen warranties, I wonder if we can find a Bankruptcy Lawyer to handle us as a "class", so we don't have to each go and talk to a lawyer...

Has anyone called Saleen/MJ for a warranty issue today?

Chris.

S281 E 03-05-2009 03:21 PM

When I bought my 06 E car I figured a year was crap. Now it seems people will even have less than that.

jdivad 03-05-2009 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by TheNJDevil (Post 5999211)
Personally, I wouldn't choose a SC if there is no manufacturer to stand behind it.

The Saleen Speedlab parts are a separate deal. MJ wants to manufacture, sell, create, speed equipment under the "Saleen" brand. I would not have an issue buying a S/C system since it will come from MJ and this is something they were looking to get into.

These issues in the post tend to stem with HP and Saleen Inc. Specific concerns are the production vehicles produced under HP.

Originally Posted by unclemilti (Post 5999283)
If Saleen cars were in danger of not being produced before this little gem of an announcement, it certainly is the death blow to any future car sales in this economy.

There was a bit of good marketing done by CT after the sale.

TheNJDevil 03-05-2009 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by jdivad (Post 6000292)
The Saleen Speedlab parts are a separate deal. MJ wants to manufacture, sell, create, speed equipment under the "Saleen" brand. I would not have an issue buying a S/C system since it will come from MJ and this is something they were looking to get into.

These issues in the post tend to stem with HP and Saleen Inc. Specific concerns are the production vehicles produced under HP.

There was a bit of good marketing done by CT after the sale.

Thanks for the clarification.

MoparMatt 03-05-2009 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Snakeplissken (Post 5999410)
What if you need Saleen exclusive parts for your car down the road? They built fifty seven 08 Saleen Extremes what if you need a part for one?

MJ is still selling parts through Speedlab... that is the business they bought.

elburrito99 03-06-2009 02:50 PM

My warranty is up in 2 months, so I'm not affected much (hopefully nothing goes wrong in the next 60 days). BUT if I owned a newer Saleen, I'd be PISSED.

I've thoroughly enjoyed my car, and will likely hold onto it for years. But I will NEVER buy a Saleen in the future (not that there will be any new models produced from now on) if Saleen just walks away from its warranty obligations at this point.

I've been a strong supporter of Saleen for the past 3 years, but this is the last straw. I'm done. I'll enjoy the rich history of the company, but I'll no longer recommend their products to friends or folks at car meets.

I guess my next ride will be a Shelby...

Jim D. 03-06-2009 05:32 PM

Pretty much the worst-case scenario was announced today to dealers... I talked today with the good folks at MJ and the story can be read here...

http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=4720

06SaleenX 03-06-2009 06:10 PM

sad

sadder that the company ran the Uniqueness of saleen to the ground with all these crazy
special editions

jdivad 03-06-2009 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by elburrito99 (Post 6002946)
I've thoroughly enjoyed my car, and will likely hold onto it for years. But I will NEVER buy a Saleen in the future (not that there will be any new models produced from now on) if Saleen just walks away from its warranty obligations at this point.

The key to remember is that HP walked away. HP sold the brand, then peed on it. The unfortunate reality is MJ purchased a brand that was then subject to a series of events... going back to HP.

If MJ decides they want to grow from the Performance Parts side, if successful... or whatever they might plan to do with the Saleen name... and enter vehicle production again... I won't fault them (MJ) for or stick them with the HP circus legacy.

Unfortunately people are going to recall the "Saleen Brand," these events, and given that the confusion already exists among the laymen as to who-is-what?

Sure... you'll have dealers say "never again." Though... you had dealers saying the same thing in 1990-91.

Jess Albright 03-07-2009 10:11 AM

Nicely put Jim, especially the peed on it part. I probably would have said they s**t on it but that's just the bitter side of me talking.
Trust me when I say that I fought for everyone of you guys, and so did the new owners. HP would not budge on this one bit. I did some looking around for you guys whether or not they could just walk away, and unfortunately according to consumer reports they can if they dissolve the company (chapter 7). But they do have to honor safety recalls still which they don't plan on doing either. I'm no lawyer but this is just what I found out when looking into this a little bit.

Thank you
Jess

redpony07 03-07-2009 10:29 AM

The good news is ......modify away!!

Jess thanks for always being there for us!

And in closing F#*K HP!!

I like the idea of getting an attorney and going after them!

That is all

olecoot 03-08-2009 11:24 AM

Jess, you are the MAN!!! Can I buy you a beer some day?? You've been helpin' me and the Heritage a lot lately!

'Coot

Originally Posted by Jess Albright (Post 6004742)
Nicely put Jim, especially the peed on it part. I probably would have said they s**t on it but that's just the bitter side of me talking.
Trust me when I say that I fought for everyone of you guys, and so did the new owners. HP would not budge on this one bit. I did some looking around for you guys whether or not they could just walk away, and unfortunately according to consumer reports they can if they dissolve the company (chapter 7). But they do have to honor safety recalls still which they don't plan on doing either. I'm no lawyer but this is just what I found out when looking into this a little bit.

Thank you
Jess

Jim D. 03-08-2009 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jess Albright (Post 6004742)

Thank you
Jess

Actually, credit for the "peed on it" comment goes to my good friend Dave, but I do share the same sentiments.

It's interesting that the Hancock Park high-brows were around when the spotlight was on, but now they're nowhere to be seen... but that's another subject.

Jess, if you could be so kind when you get a chance to clarify on the SOEC forums' Harley-Davidson section about how the owners of Saleen supercharger-equipped H-D F-150s are affected, if at all. http://saleenforums.soec.org/forumdisplay.php?f=100 ... or get the answer to me and I'll share it over there.

Thanks for all you and the others at MJ are doing for us -- we really appreciate it!

Jess Albright 03-08-2009 09:40 PM

[QUOTE=Jim D.;6007747]Actually, credit for the "peed on it" comment goes to my good friend Dave, but I do share the same sentiments.

Correction then - My Kudos go to Dave!

Thanks Jess

S281 E 03-09-2009 07:28 AM

Not the way I would have liked 09 to start....

severnrc 03-16-2009 10:20 PM

what does this mean for people that have completed lawsuits and have already settled out of court and signed papers for non-disclosure?

Jess Albright 03-17-2009 10:01 AM

My advise is since they still hold legal counsel is to continue the "non-disclosure" agreement.

eviligloo 03-17-2009 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by severnrc (Post 6031943)
what does this mean for people that have completed lawsuits and have already settled out of court and signed papers for non-disclosure?

Did you sign the non disclosure with Saleen Inc? :)

That company has been dissolved.....so who knows! Hancock Park can retain all the legal counsel they want....but I would imagine you signed a non-disclosure with a now defunct company.

Then again...I'm just guessin here! :D Very interesting situation....

S281 E 03-20-2009 01:55 PM

I say spill th beans and let the lawyers fight it out. :)