Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

UPDATE on SALEEN Warranty and MJ Acquisitions

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 03:33 AM
05S281#139

Originally Posted by Jess Albright
I don't think Jim and Dave did anything malicious, and I really don't think they tried to mislead anyone on this. They were going right from releases that were given to them. I don't think anyone really thought that Saleen Inc. was going to make this decision. I think that everyone kind of got blindsided here. I don't think that anyone has gained anything from this nor will they. Let's not point any fingers here at anyone other than the one's truly responsible for the decision, we all know who that is by now.
I can say that Jim and Dave do a great job of keeping everyone informed of what is going on in the Saleen world.

Thank you
Jess
Jess,

I'm a newcomer to this discussion, who do you think is responsible for these decisions? I can't follow the ambiguity of your comments above.

John
Old 03-11-2009, 05:26 AM
05S281#139

I filed a complaint with the Washington State Attorney General's office this afternoon. Will advise status as they respond.

John
Old 03-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Jess Albright
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05S281#139
I'm not too pleased with this information, or the corporate speak from the folks claiming they've tried to "help" the poor consumers.
If you don't think I've tried to help then you obviously don't me or my situation here and judging by your comments it doesn't sound like you care. Let's not forget about all the good workers that don't have jobs anymore because of the failure of the company, or all the people with families that now since the 1st of March don't even have the option for Cobra health insurance because Saleen Inc. ended the policy.
If the information that I offer up and the people I try to help isn't good than I won't post here anymore. That way you won't get anymore "corporate speak" as you say.
And if you truly can't figure out who I think is to blame than try reading the post's that I, and everyone else has written again.

Thank you
Jess
Old 03-11-2009, 08:19 AM
scspeedster
2nd Gear Member

I have also heard that there is a move on trying to get some sort of extended warranty insurance to offer the owners, but I don't have any more details about that right now.

Should be soon and when I hear more I'll post it here and on our club's forum http://scoatalk.saleenclubofamerica.com
Old 03-11-2009, 09:52 AM
Saleen Mike
2nd Gear Member

If you don't think I've tried to help then you obviously don't me or my situation here and judging by your comments it doesn't sound like you care. Let's not forget about all the good workers that don't have jobs anymore because of the failure of the company, or all the people with families that now since the 1st of March don't even have the option for Cobra health insurance because Saleen Inc. ended the policy.
If the information that I offer up and the people I try to help isn't good than I won't post here anymore. That way you won't get anymore "corporate speak" as you say.
And if you truly can't figure out who I think is to blame than try reading the post's that I, and everyone else has written again.

Thank you
Jess
Jess,
HPAs Saleen Inc filing Chapter 7 is bad news for lots of people in many different ways, you are correct.

It is good news for all that MJ did hire some of the people who were let go during the "process", as that will help them move forward in whatever direction they choose to do so with their "Saleen" products.

Like I said before, I wish you luck in the new adventure.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:53 AM
Saleen Mike
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by scspeedster
I have also heard that there is a move on trying to get some sort of extended warranty insurance to offer the owners, but I don't have any more details about that right now.

Should be soon and when I hear more I'll post it here and on our club's forum http://scoatalk.saleenclubofamerica.com

Charlie,
That would be some great news!
Old 03-11-2009, 10:02 AM
unclemilti
2nd Gear Member

Thank you
Jess
I think we just have some upset people here, and justifiably so. I certainly appreciate everything you have done for Saleen owners here on the forum- its not like you are paid to be here interacting with anyone. Its rare employess will even take the time to browse a forum much less post their names and numbers for owners to contact them.

That being said- its a little difficult to be a regular forum reader here and look back where you, and other Saleen employees told everyone that Saleen was here to stay, and they had a buyer, and nothing was going to change, etc..etc.

Of course- I know you were probably blindsided by the news also, but I have to believe you (or other Saleen employees or people close to the situation) had SOME inkling things were NOT ok.

It certainly gave me a false sense of security.

I was already turned down for warranty coverage on my A/C problem that has a TSB issued on it from FORD THEMSELVES. Why? Because Saleen never returned their calls, and they couldn't document any of the Saleen info.

So out of pocket I go on a car that has less than 1000 miles on it.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:00 AM
ctann
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Saleen Mike
HPAs Saleen Inc filing Chapter 7
Just as an aside, the latest information I had was that Saleen Inc. will not be filing for bankruptcy. They are wrapping up the business "out of court". If that isn't sketchy, I don't know what is...

Originally Posted by 05S281#139
I'm a newcomer to this discussion, who do you think is responsible for these decisions? I can't follow the ambiguity of your comments above.
I think we are all pretty much of the opinion that Hancock Park are responsible.

Chris.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:58 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

^+1 Yes sir.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:39 PM
05S281#139

Angry

Jess,

I feel for you in your impending or present unemployment. This is not a personal issue between you and I. Good luck in your future endeavors. You seem loyal, almost to a fault, to your company. Going down with the ship is only honorable when you're the captain.

Chris,

Of note, I did receive an email from a Saleen Inc. address that stated they, MJ, were looking into an insurance plan for those affected. No details on whether we'll have to pay for it or they will. No details on what kind of plan and what the difference would have been from the original warranty.

All,

Lots of condolences all around and plenty of concern for the good Saleen name.... nothing heard from the person who's name is being drug through the mud or the persons accused of causing this issue. I'm not too smart but I do know diplomacy doesn't work without a strong backup.

I wonder, do we all assume every new Saleen owner hangs out on these forums or do you suppose a few just drive their cars and have no idea this has even happened to them. What's the plan to send formal notification to people that purchased products from Saleen, MJ or the other less than honorable names associated with this debacle. What's the plan to keep people from buying these cars without knowing of this situation, the dealer will look them in the eye and lie about the Saleen warranty just to get the car off the lot, I've personally seen that happen already.

I'm more than upset about this, I'm disgusted. Not word one of this is posted on the Saleen website... the only place to learn of the near criminal acts being committed to the owners is on a club webpage or forum. I guess I'll just have faith, that good businessmen and women will take care of my interests too. That's what always happens after all. The honorable folks that destroyed the company to begin with or the ones that picked it apart will set it all right for us if we say pretty please.

Quick Reply: UPDATE on SALEEN Warranty and MJ Acquisitions