Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

help

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 10:53 PM
firsttime owner

Default help

I have Just purchased a 2003 stage two Boyd Codington/Jack Roush California Roadster (so I think) but I am not sure because there was no paperwork with the car. There is an identifier in the passenger side door with a SN and a data plate just a head of the shifter with a number of "040". All the suspension is Roush and stickers also identify it as such. I am wondering if there are any other ways to insure that it is in fact a true Roush and that I didn't get suckered into this car. It is a silver and black convertible 4.6 liter with 37kmi. If it is one, how much are they worth?
Old 06-09-2009, 07:20 AM
Obsequious1
5th Gear Member

Welcome to MF's

The only way I could identify a Real Roush is the fender emblems. They should be Roush emblems. I think Roush did make Cobra Roushes and kept the Cobra emblem.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:39 PM
firsttime owner

If it is a Roush, what do you think they are worth, Just wondering if I over paid.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Saleen326
2nd Gear Member

You can verify the VIN here:

http://www.roushperformance.com/vin_search.cgi

Also, check out fnsweet.com; tons of great information on Roushes. Post some pics also. I know they made a limited edition Boyd Coddington Roush in 2003 which had a two-tone paint job. Welcome and I hope it's the real deal.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:45 AM
firsttime owner

It is a limited edition Boyd Coddington it is two tone, black on silver and on there is an identifier just infront of the shifter that says limited addition Boyd Coddington California Roadster #040. I will post some pics later today.