Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Saleen recognizes SCOA as the sole NATIONAL SALEEN CLUB

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 10:18 AM
mikebna
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by esanger
Is this going to turn in to a "My club is better than yours" thread???
It really shouldn't Eric, because you can't compare apples to lemons.

Each Club is different in its own right, and seems to have a different path. When you choose to publicly promote some other brand and make other than a Saleen branded car, your message becomes blurred and diluted, confusing the message. We are not an SMS Club so there is no competition between the SCOA and soec anymore, as if there ever was.

If there were no Saleen PV or Steve Saleen anymore the SCOA would still be all about the Saleen branded cars and fellowship and growth, as it was designed that way from the start.

Take Carrol Shelby for instance, his cars are now built in Michigan also, they still say Shelby on them. What if he would have started a new company called CSA or something like that, or his new club would have succeeded that he started because he wasn't happy with the Shelby America Club? The Shelby America Club has and will continue in the future because they have never been dependant on CS to make their club a National club or counted on him for support.

Take it or leave it. It's that simple.

mike

Last edited by mikebna; 09-25-2009 at 11:26 AM. Reason: comma in wrong spot, prob more errors oh well...
Old 09-25-2009, 12:26 PM
ctann
1st Gear Member

A friend and I were chatting about writing a soap opera, based on a performance car company. We decided that we couldn't write one any better than real life!

I'm not taking sides in any of this, but I think emphasizing the "sole" part in the press releases does come across as a bit "neener neener". But I know there is a lot of history and bad blood between the personalities involved...

Its interesting you should mention SAAC and Shelby. The whole lawsuit, the creation of teamshelby, which went from an independent website to a tool of the corporate entity SAI - all very messy, and at the bottom line, all motivated by equal parts greed and pettiness. Yes, there is definitely plenty of soap-opera material here!

I think that the internet has forever changed how such enthusiast clubs work. I have variously been a member of SAAC, and Team Shelby, and neither of them really provided me with anything I felt was worth the dues. I haven't officially joined either SOEC or SCOA either. In this day and age, a strong website/forum *is* a club, and with all the ads and banners, is probably at least self-supporting, if not actually turning a profit, and there is such a wealth of information and advice available instantly, for free, it is hard to justify forking out club dues (for me, at any rate). I am in this for my passion for the cars, not for politics...

Chris.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:30 PM
perauto1

Both groups will have there supporters ,the important thing is that all previous and new Saleen owners will be supported by Saleen and get a membership in a very active club with great members.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:07 PM
sftdyna
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Red_Devil
Anyone could see this coming for a long time. SCOA has always been about the cars, and SOEC has always been about Steve.
well said indeed my friend!!!
Old 09-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Saleen Mike
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by perauto1
The important thing is that all previous and new Saleen owners will be supported by Saleen and get a membership in a very active club with great members.
Mark,
I could not agree more. SPV is looking to do the best they can to support current owners in ways that the prior Saleen owners have fallen short on. This is from looking to expand the available parts, to holding everyone in the company to a higher standard of customer service, to supporting the Saleen Club of America and helping sponsor events.

The fact that all new owners will recieve a free 1-year membership in a real Saleen club is huge as well. In the past, owners who purchased cars have been given empty promises, and left out in the cold, and this will no longer be the case.

From Day #1 of ownership, owners will now know that there is a group of like-minded people out there who are excited to share in the ownership experience with them. Receiving a copy of PoweRRR every month in their mailbox will help them continue their ownership excitment, and help spread the word about events and happenings going on all across the country.