Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

2010 Saleen S281

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Saleen Mike
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaBlue GT
Nice! but I do believe the names should change. When Steve left he took the name Saleen with him so only right he continues to build Saleens.
Steve left years ago, and there have been plenty of Saleen Mustangs built since he hit the door.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:35 AM
demarcom
2nd Gear Member

I like the look of the teaser pictures. It seems this is giong to be the best looking 2010 mustang... Smooth lines and not a lot of gimicky doo-dads all over like the SMS. I work for a company that is similar to Saleen in the the name of the founder IS the company and what people recognize. When he sold the company, he lost the use of his name. Im sure Steve has a period of time where he can't legally use his name in this same type of company, and therefore the law suit is probably more of a marketing plug from SMS.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:52 PM
VistaBlue GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Saleen Mike
Steve left years ago, and there have been plenty of Saleen Mustangs built since he hit the door.
really i thought this all happened last year. shrug i'm not up to snuff on Saleen but my opinion still stands. however I believe whatever happens, happens. I'm just glad you both are building new mustangs
Old 10-03-2009, 02:46 PM
jdivad
2nd Gear Member

True, we would all be better off if Steve did not file the lawsuit.
It's business. Happens everyday.

Steve left the company that had his name. He started a new company called "SMS" because he very well could not call it "Saleen". Owners of the company (HPA) sold the majority of the company to a new investment group (MJA). Owners of the remaining part of "old Saleen" change their company name and file BK. Owners of the company bought the right to make "Saleens" and are doing so.
As stated, we don't know the particulars of the case. What exactly did MJA purchase and under what agreement(s). No one knows. Except for a few items of Saleen Engineering, a stash of S197 Saleen Mustang parts and a fleet of company/demo/show vehicles... the rest are claims.

HP never filed Saleen Inc under bankruptcy. It still operates (under a knew name) and if you buy the S7 program... word has it you can sell it, market it and build a company around it... "it" being the "Saleen S7." Again... we don't know what will happen in the courts over the "Saleen" name.

I know who canceled warranty's on the Saleen vehicles they claimed they had nothing to do with... and I know who did not go after HP if they felt they had ground to peruse them for the vehicle warranty fund that supposedly wasn't turned over.

As a matter of public appeals, it sucked. That's life.

I'm glad MJA stepped up to the plate to continue the tradition of Saleens, for 2010 and beyond, and to give support to existing owners.

Had they not done so Dave, your chance to buy a new "Saleen" would be forever gone.
I will agree and I think most all should be glad. At the same time... most know you're a betting man who placed your car club as collateral. Historically, it will either be one of the best strategic moves ever, or... not.

I don't know what rights HP sold to Stage 3 and with what agreements... with regards to "existing" owners of Saleen vehicles. Did HP just sell the remaining pre-2005 parts stock and The Saleen Store merchandise... or did they also dump the rights, engineering, etc to pre-2005 Saleen Equipment. I don't know what claim, if any, MJA holds outside of S197 accessories.

Nice! but I do believe the names should change. When Steve left he took the name Saleen with him so only right he continues to build Saleens.
This is pretty much the mantra you will being to see, a re-write of company history. The ASC/Saleens from 2008-09 still used the Steve Saleen/ Phil Frank styling with a few detail changes or a re-mix of existing parts.

When HP bought into Saleen Performance during 2003, they handled the executive appointments, the fiscal side. Product was SS. Something to chew on... folklore states HP wanted the 2007 PJ to feature and automatic trans. It was a playground that HP drove into the ground with the aid of a tumbling economy. HP, ASC did not understand the product or the consumer... or generally what they were suppose to do.

What you're generally going to see out of Mike, the club he founded, and probably guided by (at least supported by) MJA is the notion that SS had nothing to do with the historical Saleen product... and was just another faceless executive signing off on others ideas.

Mike, and those like him, have an axe to grind. Which is why the owner/enthusiast should stay out of this until the pieces fall.

BTW my offer still stands. PM or email me your parents information, and I will pay for their first year membership in the Saleen Club of America.
Much like the Saleen Family did in 2003 with your free SCOA membership offer, I'll have to decline. On the plus side, I won't send a letter or request that you publish we have nothing to do with you and want nothing to do with you.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:52 PM
Jess Albright
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jdivad

I know who canceled warranty's on the Saleen vehicles they claimed they had nothing to do with... and I know who did not go after HP if they felt they had ground to peruse them for the vehicle warranty fund that supposedly wasn't turned over.
Really Dave? How would you know any of this? I am sure you know what someone with a one sided opinion told you. The FACT is that you know nothing about what is going on inside of Saleen Performance Vehicles nor do you have ANY facts to stand on. I DO! So let's leave that one alone my friend.

I think this thread has gotten way off topic. Why don't you guys start another thread to bash or to gossip about things you don't know about but think you do?

Thank you
Jess
Old 10-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Saleen Mike
2nd Gear Member

I will agree and I think most all should be glad. At the same time... most know you're a betting man who placed your car club as collateral. Historically, it will either be one of the best strategic moves ever, or... not.
What are you talking about? The SCOA is not collateral for anything. The SCOA is a self sufficient car club that has paid membership. It has been from day #1 and will be that way forever. I do not own the SCOA, and never have.

You do not know about the SCOA, as you have never been a member. You do go out of your way to talk ill of the Club, as you have chosen to align your support and be a contributor to a "fan club" (SOEC) that has been stealing money from people for years, and is currently being investigated for criminal activity. I would say that charging people for membership dues and not giving them anything in return is not one of the best strategic moves ever.

What you're generally going to see out of Mike, the club he founded, and probably guided by (at least supported by) MJA is the notion that SS had nothing to do with the historical Saleen product... and was just another faceless executive signing off on others ideas.

Mike, and those like him, have an axe to grind. Which is why the owner/enthusiast should stay out of this until the pieces fall.
Everyone knows that Steve had quite a bit to do with the cars over 25 years, again, what are you talking about?

I have no axe to grind.

I'm sure you will stay out of the market place, as you have never purchsed a Saleen, and I doubt you ever will. Why are you telling others to stay away? Kind of like when you were telling people not to go get warrenty claims taken care of before HPA filed BK, same old bad info coming from you.

BTW the free year membership is not for you, but for your parents. As Saleen owners they might be interested in keeping up with what is going on in the Saleen community.

Now back to being ontopic...

Last edited by Saleen Mike; 10-03-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Saleen Mike
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by demarcom
I like the look of the teaser pictures. It seems this is giong to be the best looking 2010 mustang...
I agree.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:01 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

The point of this thread is the new saleen....my opinion?

UGLY
Old 10-04-2009, 09:10 AM
sftdyna
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jess Albright
Really Dave? How would you know any of this? I am sure you know what someone with a one sided opinion told you. The FACT is that you know nothing about what is going on inside of Saleen Performance Vehicles nor do you have ANY facts to stand on. I DO! So let's leave that one alone my friend.

I think this thread has gotten way off topic. Why don't you guys start another thread to bash or to gossip about things you don't know about but think you do?

Thank you
Jess
jess, i think i speak for quite a few of us when i say im tired of soec constant SS *** kissing!! there selfish endeavors have hurt every saleen owner by backing an individual whose only motive is self benevalents. they care nothing about the owners of our cars!! we need once again to look at the past scams of the people envolved! both here and abroad, the entire dealer network that once took interest in us are now totally turned off by confusing letters sent to them to promote a nonexistent product in an effort to halt dealers from making purchases from m/j, there bogus warranty policy was also another way of pissing off dealers by stringing along there customers, BS lawsuits used to also halt and confuse customers in making decisions were strictly filed to do just that!! if he had a right to his name he would have been using it all along, but he doesnt which is why he didnt! but by playing these games he is able to further his cause by slowing sales down in an effort to hopefully hurt m/j enough to maybe file bankruptcy ( do search on chamco and saleen) to see just a few of the prior unethical business practices they've done in the past. we need to open our eyes once again and look back, if we dont we will all lose in the end. there is no way sms can keep there doors open much longer, there major investor jumped ship! how long can they stay afloat? you dont think he is going to use his money do you? no way! all there latest moves have been to hurt the company that can build the cars we want, backed by the best customer service in the industry. its often been said people have short memories, its very important for us the consumer to look back and see the self serving motives of all those concerned. and please soec guys enough with the m/j warranty BS! jesus, how many times can you beat that horse, oh im sorry thats the only horse you have to beat!! both m/j and jess are sorry it happened, its not a perfect world!! MOVE ON!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 08:00 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

Man this is a touchy subject. Both sides have valuable arguments and have plenty of reason to back their cause. Would have been nice if this was resolved in a better manner, but just like everything else its not going to happen.

Quick Reply: 2010 Saleen S281