Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Saleen Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 02:15 PM
tmclaas
2nd Gear Member

Exactly salvatore. Thats why these forums are a joke. Everyone on here thinks they know everything but has never run into the problem themselves. So they can keep telling me that it fits but until they try and do it themselves and run into the same problem i guess they just wont know. Thanks for the post.

Alconrotorhead, if you space out the hanger brakcet you run into problems with vibration and rattling, just would rather have a stock on to avoid more small problems. Like i said i can make this exhaust work but it needs to be cut and welded one the pipe itself and also either the hanger bracket extened or the hanger on the tip bent to fit.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:29 AM
Jim D.
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AlconRotorHead
Well you got what you wanted. You got the guy to crawl under his S281 and measure it for you. Here's the most interesting part of your thread. You can swap a termi Cobra motor into your car but can't figure out the exhaust hangers on your own? lol

Actually "Saleen Mike" didn't do the one measurement tmclass actually wanted -- the hanger.

No more personal stabs guys....knock it off. And please refrain from pulling members of this forum over to yours because you feel it is better. You belong here as a member of MUSTANG FORUMS...not for the advertisement of your own forum

Last edited by sowaxeman; 10-22-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:24 AM
Saleen Mike
2nd Gear Member

Enough already guys

Last edited by sowaxeman; 10-22-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:01 AM
SC1039
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Saleen Mike
Wow, is this really what SCOA is all about? Putting down other clubs? Thats twice now in the same thread. Being that your posting as SCOA Founder, are you representing what your club is all about? To think I was actually thinking about joining......

It is not what these two clubs are about...its a shame these two guys have a personal war with each other and feel the need to air it out in public. On behalf of SCOA I apologize.

Last edited by sowaxeman; 10-22-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Saleen Mike
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SC1039
Wow, is this really what SCOA is all about? Putting down other clubs? Thats twice now in the same thread. Being that your posting as SCOA Founder, are you representing what your club is all about? To think I was actually thinking about joining......
Again, enough of the bickering....if you want to help people out email or PM them, no more of you and Jim's dirtry laundry in a public forum please.

Section Moderator

Last edited by sowaxeman; 10-22-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:58 AM
salvatore
1st Gear Member

sorry saleen mike, but i will have to agree with tmclaas. Aftermarket GT exhaust does not fit correctly. Ive had the same problems as tmclaas with the fitment. I will see if i still have the pictures before i had corrected it.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Werecow
2nd Gear Member

Also, not all the Saleen kits fit correctly. I had issues with mine form the day I bought it new and I finally got it resolved about two years ago...lol Remember, not all cars are manfactured exactly the same.

During my troubles I spoke to someone, can't remember if he was from Saleen or Borla, but I got the impression that the exhaust systems were nearly identical, except for the exhaust tip length as it needed to be longer to clear the rear facia. Borla had an off-the-shelf cat-back kit that was available to directly bolt into the Saleen. This kit could be used it it were trimmed to fit the GT, as far as the tail-pipe length was concerned.

I don't know how accurate this is, as I never climbed under my car or a GT to compare them side-by-side, this is just what I was told.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:50 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Originally Posted by tmclaas
Alright just to prove my point i will take pictures of the catback system i bought that fits a GT. And second off stop telling me its wrong when i personally have measured my car and a GT's and they are completly different in hanger position and width. Do it get under your saleen and look at the hanger on the tip of the exhuast. It is not stock. The only wat a gt exhaust fits on there is it you take the pips and rebend them and then cut the hanger that came on them off and put a new hanger on that drops that will actually fit. Im telling you it does not fit. I have the problem right now. this is not just a hunch. So once you get outside and do some measuring yourself dont tell me a exhaust for a gt will fit without modification
Pure speculation, but perhaps the system you bought was packaged or labled wrong?
Old 10-22-2009, 04:20 PM
tmclaas
2nd Gear Member

TO ALL, I have spent a long time on the phone today with saleen and also borla to try and get this situation figured out. Like i said before there is something different with the saleen systems that come from borla. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME AS GT'S.

The tailpipe was shortened as well as the hanger extended, also they narrowed it up a bit. Borla supplied Saleen with these pipes 99-02 different times. They had 24 of these systems left in their warehouse about 6 months ago that they had been storing since Saleen bought there last order in 2002 or early 2003. So they decided to get rid of them. This came straight from the mouth at borla. I do believe saleen still has some of these left, and also borla is checking to see if they still have the fixtures to make one.

Borla part number from when they were making them part# 13833

Here is the phone number to call the guy if you dont believe me 423-979-4017.

Thanks to all that gave me **** about being wrong. Now how do you feel? There was no need to keep telling me that a gt exhaust would fit when i already knew it wouldent when i had it right in front of my eyes. So instead of helping, people just told me nothing and basically called me dumb for thinking it was different.